Favorite Dessert

DJnKy

Pretty much all of my favourite desserts disappeared when they scaled back the menus. The only one that's left - the royal chocolate cake - seemed different on my last cruise so I don't know if they changed the recipe or if it was just a one-off issue. 😢

I guess I would say my current favourites are the vegan chocolate cherry tart in the MDR (on the Bon Voyage menu) and the banana split in Jamies.

1 hour ago, JFCruise said:

The "cookie in a cup". 

Ah yes, the warm chocolate chip cookie. This one was a little rich for me but I do hear others reporting that they enjoyed it. It also reminds me that many people like the campfire cookie at Playmakers. I will have my first Playmakers experience in March so I'm excited to try it!

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I guess I would say my current favourites are the vegan chocolate cherry tart in the MDR (on the Bon Voyage menu) and the banana split in Jamies.

I also really liked that tart.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Starrynight0154 said:

Wonder, just got off the ship yesterday. 

Good answer! 27 days and counting for me...

Without totally hijacking this thread, anything else stand out in the WJ for lunch or dinner (doesn't have to be dessert)? I was on Wonder last June but didn't get to check the WJ nearly as often as I normally do. TIA.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Good answer! 27 days and counting for me...

Without totally hijacking this thread, anything else stand out in the WJ for lunch or dinner (doesn't have to be dessert)? I was on Wonder last June but didn't get to check the WJ nearly as often as I normally do. TIA.

Honestly I feel like the meat dishes are average, you can get them anywhere on land. WJ has vegetable tempura which is veggies fried and battered, it’s really good with the Indian sauces nearby. Fried plantains, and polenta. Stuffed peppers. Personally I like trying things I don’t do at home. Instead of putting ketchup on my fries I’ll put malt vinegar on them. Indian food is good so I eat that because I rarely have it on land. 

11 minutes ago, Starrynight0154 said:

Indian food is good so I eat that because I rarely have it on land.

I do the same exact thing. I ordered it several times in the MDR on Allure in October as well.

When I was on Wonder in June, the reason I didn’t check the WJ much was b/c I was being treated to a GS by generous family members so we ate in CK almost every meal. On day 3 I think, the manager mentioned that the CK chef was making an Indian dish special every night for an Indian family & if I wanted some I was more than welcome to ask for it. I think I had it every night besides lobster night & it was delicious.

Thanks for the random WJ thoughts. And I just saw your Wonder review in the main forum. Sky Class was amazing but I’m looking forward to spending more time all over the ship like we normally do.

P.S. Big fan of malt vinegar on fries even though I use ketchup more often than not.