Aqua show booked during Super Bowl

I forgot the Super Bowl will be playing when I booked the aqua show on Wonder, 8:30pm. From my understanding they typically use the aqua theater to display the game on Oasis ships. Do you think Royal made a mistake with the timing of this, or will they have the aqua show during the game? 

I was on Symphony for Super Bowl in 2022.  They showed it in the aqua theater and in the main theater and for an additional charge per table in Playmakers.  It was raining so we saw it in the main theater, but they still showed it in the aqua-theater.  Change your reservation to another day.

but I was on Wonder of the Seas last year for the AFC and NFC championship games and they only used the aqua-theater for the NFC 3pm game.  The 6:30PM AFC game was only shown in Playmakers and on the pool deck, but the pool deck had no sound.  They did not charge extra for Playmakers for the championship games.  I think they greatly underestimated how many football fans were on board.  The Intense aqua show is very load and hundreds of people were standing out on the boardwalk trying to watch the AFC championship game on the Playmakers screens.  We had seats inside Playmakers to watch.  But none-the-less, expect the aqua show to be canceled for the Super Bowl.

I’ve seen them show it on the pool deck, main theater, Playmakers, and even the ice rink. I’ve heard of it being shown in the aqua theater, but I’ve also been onboard when they did not show it there. I’d book a different show day to be sure.

On 1/18/2024 at 2:33 PM, need2cruz said:

but I was on Wonder of the Seas last year for the AFC and NFC championship games and they only used the aqua-theater for the NFC 3pm game.  The 6:30PM AFC game was only shown in Playmakers and on the pool deck, but the pool deck had no sound.  They did not charge extra for Playmakers for the championship games.  I think they greatly underestimated how many football fans were on board.  The Intense aqua show is very load and hundreds of people were standing out on the boardwalk trying to watch the AFC championship game on the Playmakers screens.  We had seats inside Playmakers to watch.  But none-the-less, expect the aqua show to be canceled for the Super Bowl.

I was on Oasis for these games and same thing...they had the Eagles/niners game on Playmakers and aqua theater with sound... the 2nd game was just on the tvs, not the aqua theater screens

11 hours ago, ScottD said:

I was on Oasis for these games and same thing...they had the Eagles/niners game on Playmakers and aqua theater with sound... the 2nd game was just on the tvs, not the aqua theater screens

Once Purdy went out that Eagles/Niners game was only interesting to Eagles fans and even then most likely not closely watched. LOL

19 hours ago, Mike n Ky said:

Once Purdy went out that Eagles/Niners game was only interesting to Eagles fans and even then most likely not closely watched. LOL

Yeah. but being that it was the early game, the crowd for that one on the ship was HUGE...and yes, the Eagles fans were LOUD.... my son even started an E-A-G-L-E-S chant from our boardwalk balcony and got them all to join in down there, lol. 

Canceled the aqua show. It’s all sold out, we might do standby or not see any shows. Saw the shows last time we were on Wonder, I’m thinking it might be a better idea to not have too many plans. Honestly I’d rather use my drink package and listen to live music than see a repeat show again. 

Not everyone is attuned to the Super Bowl and its importance to their everyday lives. 😁 The ship will show the Super Bowl on several venues so those who want to enjoy it's significance to them, but not everyone is attuned to football.
I have seen the Super Bowl onboard but honestly only about 30 percent of the folks onboard are interested and the others are looking for a good time on an amazing time on their vacay. Hope you have the time of your lives and enjoy your time aboard.

On 1/18/2024 at 12:24 PM, Starrynight0154 said:

I forgot the Super Bowl will be playing when I booked the aqua show on Wonder, 8:30pm. From my understanding they typically use the aqua theater to display the game on Oasis ships. Do you think Royal made a mistake with the timing of this, or will they have the aqua show during the game? 

I have sailed on the Oasis and Allure for the Super Bowl and they will show the Super Bowl at the Aqua Theatre, and there will be a big food spread to go along with the game. 

We were on Harmony at Thanksgiving and they showed the Cowboys game in Studio B. They had a makeshift bar set up and were selling popcorn. Because it was the Caribbean ESPN feed, we had to wait for the college basketball game from the Bahamas tournament to finish. The game went into OT and it was hilarious to watch all those people lose their minds because we were missing the first few minutes of the game.