Drinks with floaters

That would depend on what drink you are adding the floater to.  Not all drinks are $14 (though it's probably the cost for most blender drinks where floaters are common).  That's just the per drink limit of the package.  Without a package, the total cost would be drink cost plus shot cost.  With a package, for drinks less than $14, you would just pay the shot cost and for drinks over $14, you would pay the overage plus the shot cost.  That's my understanding.

9 out of 10 times when I ask for a floater,  it's just given with no questions asked or extra charges. I've even occasionally passed a drink back to the bartender when it tasted weak and they've nicely topped it off with whatever liquor was in the cocktail (that's usually with bartenders I've gotten familiar/friendly with). 

see this just goes to once again prove that I know nothing about bars and booze because I thought you were complaining about floaters (ie bugs, hair, spit, dirt etc) in the drinks being served on board.....

granted I still don't know what you DO mean...but context here has shown me it's definitely not what I was thinking lol

14 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I still don't know what you DO mean

A floater is an extra shot of liquor poured on top of the drink once it's made... so it sort of "floats" on top.

Picture a fully made pina colada... then pour an extra shot of rum on top. (Preferably Kraken in my example.)

My experience has been floaters are usually requested for frozen drinks. They just put the liquor on top instead of blending it into the drink so it isn't really any extra liquor added to the drink. I guess if specifying an additional floater it would be an extra shot but my Lava Flow with Kraken has also been just a Kraken floater on top of the drink. Although one bartender actually mixed the Kraken into the strawberry puree in a the cup before adding the frozen pina colada on top..that was different and potent.