Non Suite Diamond Plus Priority Embarkation

Not sure of the protocol out of Sydney, but on all our sailing out of the US the Suites and Pinnacles go first with the D+ next and so forth and so on. We rarely get suites and the D+ embarkation is about 5~10 minutes after the loftier folks get on. This year all our 11:00am boarding times have been more like 10:15~10:30.

44 minutes ago, mscinmia said:

No more priority in Port Everglades since restart. Suites/Pinnacle first, then key and after that it is the order you arrived to the seating area.  If you look at the latest C&A benefits you will see that it is no longer offered.

I’m asking on here because when I Google it this is the first response you get

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/Can-i-get-Priority-Embarkation

I’m certain pre pandemic we had seperate lines for C&A but I haven’t paid attention since. Anyway I bit the bullet and got The Key for this cruise anyway. 
Thanks to everyone who replied. 

23 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

They did C&A boarding when I was in Galveston. They did the suites, then pin, D+ down to gold before they started the 11am boarders. This was the only time I experienced this. They also said they were doing away with 10:30am check-ins but who knows. Each port seems to follow different rules.

We had the same experience in Galveston last April.

Sydney has a very small terminal.  There is no indoor waiting area.  When I last sailed from there only Star Class had a priority entrance.  They were very strict looking at the check in times and only allowing folks with the current times through the doors.  That was before the pandemic and i don't know if anything has changed but they didn't expand the terminal so I can't see how it would change much.  

Even as a Pinnacle I had to wait for my check in window to get into the terminal.  The only folks that I've heard of getting around it were frequent cruisers who knew someone that let them go in before their time.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 4:02 AM, twangster said:

Sydney has a very small terminal.  There is no indoor waiting area.  When I last sailed from there only Star Class had a priority entrance.  They were very strict looking at the check in times and only allowing folks with the current times through the doors.  That was before the pandemic and i don't know if anything has changed but they didn't expand the terminal so I can't see how it would change much.  

Even as a Pinnacle I had to wait for my check in window to get into the terminal.  The only folks that I've heard of getting around it were frequent cruisers who knew someone that let them go in before their time.   

check in times still apply with the warning you will be disadvantaged if you turn up early....the only good thing is if you do early check in online, you pick your own arrival time slot...we were on Ovation from Sydney this month on a balcony and it was smooth as silk without the key ..no queue straight onboard

2 hours ago, ScottishRobbie said:

Sailed on Brilliance out of Sydney 4 weeks ago. Times not being checked. All being well just drop your bag off anytime from 8, explore Circular Quay/The Rocks and show up any time after 11 and you shouldn't have any issues.

Thanks for letting me know Robbie! We too are on Brilliance this December, had to tick it off the list while she's in Aus!

I always sail out of Baltimore so we can avoid airfare. The cruise terminal there is small. I always end up with the earliest possible check in time and there are a mixture of suites and general boarding in that first group. Suite classes have boarded only a very short amount of time before the other groups in that first boarding group time of the day. There are two seating sections once your boarding papers and SeaPass have been issued at the front desk. You sit in a row of chairs and wait to be ushered in for your group photo and then a long series of winding back and forth walkways to the boarding level of the ship. I suspect that major modern cruise terminals such as those originating out of Florida or foreign lands such as Antarctica have to follow different procedures.

When sailing out of Sydney we have arrived early than our check-in time (we were in a suite) and because the ship was not ready there was an area with seating we had to wait to board. The passengers were boarded in the following order, B2B cruisers, Royal Suite, suites, C&A in tier level sequence.

If you arrive after the ship has started boarding, then it is just first come first served.

On 11/28/2023 at 11:42 AM, F1guynz said:

When sailing out of Sydney we have arrived early than our check-in time (we were in a suite) and because the ship was not ready there was an area with seating we had to wait to board. The passengers were boarded in the following order, B2B cruisers, Royal Suite, suites, C&A in tier level sequence.

If you arrive after the ship has started boarding, then it is just first come first served.

This is what we found pre Covid in Sydney. I wasn’t sure if they still recognised C&A as we have sailed in suites since 2020. Thanks.