10:30 unofficially gone.

51 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I wonder what percentage of people check in on the dot? I'm going to guess it's a lot lower than is represented by fanatic forums like this.

I would say a decent amount going by reports from the FB roll call groups and ever since they started this online check in process, usually by the next morning, the earliest slot is gone.

On 10/18/2023 at 3:55 PM, Ampurp85 said:

I am currently on Allure. Several crew members and the Crown Lounge concierge said they stopped doing 10:30 am check-in. It now starts at 11am to give the crew members enough time to turn the ship around. However some ships/ports may allow pax on if the ship is ready.

You blasted me for saying you provided wrong info,

But just checked in for Wonder this week for a 10:30 boarding time.

Please know if what you are saying is truly accurate,  please

2 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

The key word in the title of this thread is “unofficially”.

Like many in this thread have noted, myself included, it seems to vary by ship/port. That is why I came back to document my experience with the earliest check in time for the ship that I am sailing, and the port that I am sailing out of, and others are doing the same. 

What @Ampurp85 stated initially is her experience, on that ship. She never once stated that this is the case for all ships in the fleet. Hence the key word in the title, “unofficially”.

5 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

What's your beef @CruiseGus?  We're all just having a conversation here.  People share the experiences we have and the things we learn and collectively we piece together possible shifts or changes in policy.  Some of it leads somewhere, some of it nowhere and some of it in between.  Don't take one person's experience on one ship or something they heard from one crew member to be gospel across all ships at all ports.

As you want to be a stickler for accuracy, I read @Ampurp85 post and I see nothing inaccurate.  She conveys what crew members and the CL Concierge stated to her.  She conveys them not as facts but as third party knowledge in a subforum concerning Rumors.

I suggest you are not accurately using the word accurate.  Accuracy in the case of conveying a rumor is to convey what was said and by whom it was said.  She did that.  Can you please know that your word choice is truly accurate before you rant?  Please?

Each port operates differently on boarding process.  Currently in Barcelona for my cruise.  Check in was 1130 but boarded ship 10am.  Actually was 1st passenger to board and was at munster station in a flash and had 🍸by 1015am.

Barcelona doesn't even go by check in times and everyone got a number to board after documents verified.

Now i am plopped in solarium with my view of the ocean relaxing for the many days ahead

Wish all of you could be here enjoying the ship as i am

10 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

Actually, you blasted me, and I replied to you. You seem to indicate that if an experience doesn't match yours, it is inaccurate and wrong. In that post I wasn't even the one who linked my experience.

I posted this because we all have been subject to different times of check-in. I put it under rumors because it could just be at Galveston. Or at least as a warning that not all ports and ships will have a 10:30 check-in.

Wonder sails out of PC: not only could they have a 10:30 check-in but they often don't enforce the check-in. The same way if a ship leaves at 3pm from Port Liberty might have a 10am check-in.  

as @OCSC Mike can no doubt corroborate, wonder out of port canaveral seems to be the anomaly to the non-10:30 boarding time. 

i am glad you have found that to be true, @CruiseGus and hope you have had a wonderful 😂 trip aboard wonder this week. 

however, speaking as someone who does NOT sail out of PC, i am impacted by the lack of the 10:30 boarding.

i also stay up til midnight to get the first slot. it’s been 11am (if not later) out of miami and FLL for the past and upcoming three cruises. 

happy you were able to get the 10:30 boarding, hopefully PC is able to keep it that way!

1 minute ago, asquared17 said:

as @OCSC Mike can no doubt corroborate, wonder out of port canaveral seems to be the anomaly to the non-10:30 boarding time

Allure also had 10:30 late last month as well (not that the ship should matter since it's the same terminal but that's pretty recent).

And FWIW, boarding for Wonder in June (and throughout the summer based on what I read) began well before 10:30, let alone check-in. Allure started very early too but it was coming from Galveston and had no paying passengers for the previous 3 days so that was a one-off cruise... cabins were ready immediately upon boarding.

In any case, I'd obviously be quite happy if PC continued with the status quo.

1 hour ago, mom2mybugs said:

So hijacking briefly because I'm curious and don't remember from our last cruise there...  Can anyone tell me when boarding begins USUALLY for an 8 pm San Juan departure?   Jane

I would guess possibly around 1:30/2pm. Boarding usually is done 90min before departure. So, based on how it works when a ship departs between 4:30 and 5, I figured the whole thing is about 6hrs, give or take.

On 11/17/2023 at 4:37 PM, smokeybandit said:

I wonder what percentage of people check in on the dot? I'm going to guess it's a lot lower than is represented by fanatic forums like this.

On all of my sailings it’s a large # of people who share the “check in at midnight” followed by a large number who share that they did indeed get check in done  at midnight while others are saying they can’t  get the check in done.  By the morning the check ins are reported to be noon….morning to me is  10am.

14 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

So hijacking briefly because I'm curious and don't remember from our last cruise there...  Can anyone tell me when boarding begins USUALLY for an 8 pm San Juan departure?   Jane

On my five cruises from San Juan Puerto Rico, but all pre-covid, checking is just like all other ports in the 11am to noon range for earliest ones.

The ship still arrives around 7 am and begins disembarkation as soon as cleared, have alway been to airport by 10:30 am.  Biggest concern from San Juan has been those the check luggage for their flights as most airline will not accept luggage until 4 hours before flight departure.  This has been my experiance.