Two Delightfully Unfrugal Idiots sail our White Whale (Oasis OP, 9/24 -10/1/23)

SweetPea

Leticia and i have a running joke that the Bloody Mary, bacon, shrimp, and olives she sends is my "breakfast salad."

Today our regular room service attendant asked if that's what i eat for breakfast every day. 

I had to ask, do you mean, do i eat this every day at home too?

Oh sweet lord, no! 

I'd be dead!

Although, you could argue that this is low carb, so at least there's that. 

He's been on the ship for 8 months and is fixing to go home Sunday too.

Our towel animal menagerie is growing. Our room service kiddo loves them too. We were trying to figure out the middle one. 

Swan?

20230929_113032.thumb.jpg.b2a0ba0d744d0175f8651676398b9bed.jpg

20230929_113041.thumb.jpg.c5d5faa78538ca0a39fe3ba97c562af6.jpg

And oh, the current sitch isn't great, but I'm thinking Batman and i open that bottle of Vueve and power through in the hot tub anyway. 

20230929_101923.thumb.jpg.fe74fc4471f31f24846d2b9e50f6d899.jpg

The weather seems to be clearing and the pool music is back. I expect to hear Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) soon ...

Just now, LandstromCruise said:

Maybe Batman will dance in his black thongs for you while listening to that 😂

I can only imagine this as the shades are not drawn properly ...  we'd risk being put on Royal's no sail list. We have two more cruises with nonrefundable deposits booked for chrissakes! We're Unfrugal. We're idiots. So i understand fully why you would say that. 

I should probably also clarify, TO MY KNOWLEDGE, he's not used any of my underwear 🤔 After our convo earlier in the week, the "don't ask, don't tell" policy was implemented. 

Re: Popcorn, it is low calories and technically a veg plus has fiber so that's the nutritional part. I like @asquared17 will eat popcorn for dinner. You can eat a boatload and it is not unhealthy unless you cover it in so much butter the bottom of the bag reforms it into a stick. 

My brother is a chopstick master and brought me a silver set when he was in Kyoto. I practiced and can pick up rice but because I work so much with my hands, it's difficult to muster through in Izumi's ......I be like fork me please!

the trick is — veuve + popcorn with truffle butter and truffle salt. 

legit. 

we would have a wine + cheese party (pre covid) and do a room of reds, a bar of whites, and a round table of sparkling/champagnes. and each wine “destination” was paired with the appropriate snacks. 

truffle popcorn was always paired with champagne. 

@SweetPea ask leticia to have them whip up the black truffle butter sauce in CK and drizzle it over the popcorn!!!! 

1 hour ago, asquared17 said:

the trick is — veuve + popcorn with truffle butter and truffle salt. 

legit. 

we would have a wine + cheese party (pre covid) and do a room of reds, a bar of whites, and a round table of sparkling/champagnes. and each wine “destination” was paired with the appropriate snacks. 

truffle popcorn was always paired with champagne. 

@SweetPea ask leticia to have them whip up the black truffle butter sauce in CK and drizzle it over the popcorn!!!! 

Now I'm certain we're related. 

However, FTLOG, i transitioned from walking to waddling 2 days ago, and i need to cut back somewhere!

We're feeling so uncomfortable we are booking an appointment with a nutritionist who does a 30-day jumpstart when we get home. This is urgent because there's been a development which I'll report later when i sum things up. It's nothing really exciting for this board but let's just say ... #Team1701 cannot cruise this fat again. 

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

One day when we sail together, I will show you an easy "cheating way" without needing to tie it together 😉

I ❤️❤️❤️ this so much! Have your TA call my TA and do it.  Oh wait ..... 😁

5 hours ago, Neesa said:

But I never toss them or just drop them, no way! I treat them with care until they are tucked away to be found, I'm smiling when typing this. Such a tiny thing makes me so happy!

I can tell it brings you 😊 😃. If you feel comfortable enough, DM me your address. I promise to use a return address label and send them properly through the post office so you don't think you're getting Anthraxed or worse. 😆 They certainly bring you more joy than me and i have no further use for our extras. I tried it once, and now I'm happy to pay it forward! But i understand if buying your own also brings you joy 🤔 

I checked our FB roll call.  No one on our roll call has found them, or at least not posted about it. Not a single peep about the pork roll debate. Imagine that.

Of course, I would be so happy to take them off your hands! I looked and I don't have any sports ones, wow! Thank you for the kind offer! I lived in Carteret and Perth Amboy  NJ as a teenager, it's Pork Roll! 

In Carteret there was a fast food joint I thinks called Carol's. It was pork roll and cheese on huge seeded rolls, and big fat fries. Woe, my brain hurts now. It was a thing we ate them morning, noon and night! 

13 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

My mom is originally from Perth Amboy. Then Sewaren and we still have family there. My folks went to Woodbridge High School. 

What a small world! My grandma lived in Sewaren, probably wouldn't recognize that area now. Woodbridge High I think they were the Carteret Ramblers rivals. Just wow, yay a shark!

21 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Can any of you vets with a higher C&A rank than Brown tell me what this is?

I think I qualify? Maybe?

We went to it a couple times on Indy in the Star Lounge (I think that's the lounge name with the big chairs).

It's a music based game show. On Indy, it involved maniacs who knew the answer running up to the front of the room to grab the microphone. It was pure chaos. You'll enjoy it, lol.

We sat in the back with a drink and just watched people almost run over each other. I'm not sure it will be quite as chaotic in Music Hall but it's something to do for 30 mins.

Please let me know if you go to Rock the Room and if it's crazy. I made sure to mention the venue thing b/c without the chaos, it would have just been a standard game show.

The entertainment for us came from the sprinting and jostling down the aisles. One guy even knocked over one of those large cushioned chairs that are very heavy and hard to move. He really wanted to get to the mic!

Ok listen. I had NO intention of participating, but i couldn't handle it any longer when a song played for 12 seconds and no one was going to the microphone.

Ladies & Gents, one of your favorite idiots is nearly embarrassed to say that I'm the only one in the very crowded Music Hall who knew Crush by David Archuleta. You'd think i hit a foul shot to tie the game with 3 seconds left. 

Was this prestigious event held in the Music Hall ?    Did your Genie reserve seats for you ?  I know there has been controversy in the past with reserving SC seats in certain venues -the Music Hall being one of those (and the now-extinct Jazz Club being another).  Anywhere else that you wanted a reserved seat but we’re unable to get one ?

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Was this prestigious event held in the Music Hall ?    Did your Genie reserve seats for you ?  I know there has been controversy in the past with reserving SC seats in certain venues -the Music Hall being one of those (and the now-extinct Jazz Club being another).  Anywhere else that you wanted a reserved seat but we’re unable to get one ?

We did not ask for reserved seats here but did not need them and we were here only 15 min early, if that. This was fairly last minute so we didn't bother her, but would have if we needed her to. I can't state how much i love her.

Let me ask Lety tmw if there are any specific venues she cannot/will not reserve and get back to you.  If you want to know anything specifically, I'm happy to ask her on tip day!  Just lmk.

I will say that Oasis Genies sure seem extremely tight knit. I'd be happy to have any of them. Seriously. 

@Jax we're going to see your Shane tmw. He's starting the bridge tour. If there's anything you'd like us to pass along to him, LMK.

Oasis Genies take turns starting  the tour and hand off to the officers for techie questions, or so I'm told.  😄 Good because i was serious about my telemetry questions. 🤣

2 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Oasis Genies take turns starting  the tour and hand off to the officers for techie questions, or so I'm told. 

Ooh la la. In lowly Sky Class it took an unexpected invite from one of the SL concierges and he took us to the bridge. You guys probably get to drive the ship.

IMG_1533.thumb.jpeg.b458cf40a90f3a1343709a45f21e8caa.jpeg

Pardon this brief interruption before i fill you in on last night. 

I thought i would be OK with this and it turns out I'm not, right this second. 

This little man right here is Silas (aka Brat 2). He brings me joy every single day. 

Happy Birthday, little buddy!! As i always say ..  you are my sun and my moon and my stars. Your father, on the other hand, hates you. 

(Batman most certainly does not hate him.  It's only a running joke in our house)

Screenshot_20230930_085817_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a6437cb64ef5cfe2c3a2a38064e30e43.jpg