New Onboard Activity: Pickleball Clinic

Cactus527

I was just browsing through the Cruise Planner for my September 2023 Independence OTS sailing and found a pickleball clinic being offered onboard! The best part: free RC hat and the chance to purchase RC-branded pickleball merchandise. If you're interested, check out your CP under "Onboard Activities."

Screenshot_20230813-112833.png

Screenshot_20230813-112902.png

Screenshot_20230813-112919.png

Screenshot_20230813-112936.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

Pickleball is really taking off, Im not surprised it's showing up in whatever fashion on cruise ships. Staying trendy and current I guess.

It has. My last few cruises the sports court has been devoted to pickleball more than any other sport. Much to the chagrin of teenagers wanting to play basketball.

• 1 month later...

Saw this in my planner for a Wonder of the Seas cruise and thought it was too pricey for wha it is.  Glad to see I’m not the only one!

we try and go to the early open sessions and just hit the ball around. We’re not trying to compete!

You’d think for that price you would get a paddle to keep.  Maybe not a RCI one, but something more than a hat.  We bought ourselves a pretty nice set of paddles for $20.

IMG_3286.jpeg