Price Match = Impossible

Royal Caribbean price match guarantee is impossible to get used. Although I have tried on previous cruises, I'll only explain my current situation. Booked a 2D balcony room on Harmony for sail date of 8/19 on 8/3. On the morning of 8/5, I checked RC's website and went through the booking process again to see if the price had dropped. Because it was so close to the sail date, rooms were constantly showing available, sold out, etc. But on the 5th, there was briefly ONE category 2D room available for $509 less than what I paid on 8/3. I completed the online form to file for the price match. Of course, 4 days later I get an email saying my request is denied, that I am getting the lowest rate available. Because it happens in real time, with rooms being filled, canceled, RCCL can always deny the price match. Very frustrating. 

In the particular situation that you describe above, it sounds as if you made your booking after the final payment date.  If that is the case, there is no way to reprice your booking.  A repricing is essentially a cancellation and rebooking.  Since you would be essentially cancelling your original booking, you would be subject to significant cancellation fees which would neutralize any reduction in fare that might have materialized since you originally booked.  I have no interest in taking the time to look up the wording but I suspect that somewhere in the legal language the repricing "guarantee" makes an exception for bookings after the final payment date.

I will also agree with you that the repricing "guarantee" is pretty hard to use.  They do not want to make it easy for you to get money back !  Enjoy your cruise on 8-19.  You didn't mention which ship but I'm sure it will be great !!!

3 hours ago, Richardg1978 said:

Royal Caribbean price match guarantee is impossible to get used. Although I have tried on previous cruises, I'll only explain my current situation. Booked a 2D balcony room on Harmony for sail date of 8/19 on 8/3. On the morning of 8/5, I checked RC's website and went through the booking process again to see if the price had dropped. Because it was so close to the sail date, rooms were constantly showing available, sold out, etc. But on the 5th, there was briefly ONE category 2D room available for $509 less than what I paid on 8/3. I completed the online form to file for the price match. Of course, 4 days later I get an email saying my request is denied, that I am getting the lowest rate available. Because it happens in real time, with rooms being filled, canceled, RCCL can always deny the price match. Very frustrating. 

You booked your cruise inside of final payment.  There is no price match after final payment

1 hour ago, TXcruzer said:

You booked your cruise inside of final payment.  There is no price match after final payment

I believe they give you 24 hours (or maybe 48) if booking within final payment window.

Either way, calling is the best way to price match so the agent is looking at it at the same time as you.

5 hours ago, Richardg1978 said:

Price matching needs to be done prior to final pymt. 

15 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

Screenshot2023-08-08165658.thumb.jpg.14f46420e0dfd15e4264bef8f2ebe09d.jpg

TERMS

Screenshot2023-08-08.thumb.jpg.a0c722343cd4b0ceed4709ac405088bb.jpg

Based on the highlighted text, I should have received a rate adjustment. 

However, the price match is impossible because of the last line of paragraph 2 under the Terms; "...be available for reserving at the time Royal Caribbean reviews your submitted Royal Caribbean Price Guarantee claim form". So I submit the form, they sit around until the price I saw is no longer available and then say "oh well, it wasn't available when we reviewed it".

Let me ask this, has anyone ever successfully used the Price Match guarantee?

I just did a price match this morning and saved $500. Do not use the form though, you need to call Royal Caribbean as someone else mentioned. Customer Service Agents need to be able to pull the current price of a cabin, not look at what it was a few days ago. The only exception to this is when Royal screws up. I once called for a price match but my price was lower than the current price. I told them don't change it but they did anyways. I called back and Royal was able to change my price to what it was previously.

In the last year, it has become rarer and rarer that I find a price that went down. Almost every single time, when I book far out, that is the best price I get. Prices are only raising and not decreasing with their "sales", this is because of dynamic pricing. Closer to a sailing, less inventory, higher price (even with the perpetual "sale").

Another way to get a price match is to check for additional discounts such as age, resident, military, etc. Often times these discounts can't be used on top of the current promotions but sometimes they can. It's always best to ask. 

9 hours ago, Matt said:

Many times. More than I can count, but I always have my travel agent do it.

Same here ... I call myself.  It takes about 5 minutes not counting hold time for high call volume.  

I have repriced after the final payment date and received a nonrefundable OBC.

I don't think they ever refund money if you pay in full before the final payment date but I could be wrong.  Prices have gone up so much, I don't see many price reductions anymore.

Sometimes you need to call right away because the price may change again. They go by the price they see when you call.  I have never filled out the online form.

Sometimes they don't see the same price I see online.  In that case, I hang up and call back again and try someone else.

I don't have much luck when my room category is sold out.  Then I can't check what the current price is.

On 8/8/2023 at 10:43 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

In the particular situation that you describe above, it sounds as if you made your booking after the final payment date.  If that is the case, there is no way to reprice your booking.  A repricing is essentially a cancellation and rebooking.  Since you would be essentially cancelling your original booking, you would be subject to significant cancellation fees which would neutralize any reduction in fare that might have materialized since you originally booked.  I have no interest in taking the time to look up the wording but I suspect that somewhere in the legal language the repricing "guarantee" makes an exception for bookings after the final payment date.

I will also agree with you that the repricing "guarantee" is pretty hard to use.  They do not want to make it easy for you to get money back !  Enjoy your cruise on 8-19.  You didn't mention which ship but I'm sure it will be great !!!

I agree. Try couple times on Adventure and Allure. They know what to do to limit customers to get "price matching" ,lod