Best ship class as the destination? Quantum, Voyager, or Oasis?

For the first RC cruise, the ship is the destination, like going to a land resort called Quantum, Voyager, or Oasis class. Looking at Ovation, Navigator/Explorer, or Symphony. 

Which do you recommend first for exploring the ship, people watching, multiple music venues, just hanging around, wandering. 

Not a sun worshiper so not taking that into account. 

Thank you. 

Let me start by saying that these categories are all big ships with lots of activities. My favourite of the three classes by far was Odyssey of the seas. It has an area called Seaplex that changes every couples of hours. One hour one might be having fun on bumping cars, and the next playing pickleball. The ship also has an skydiving simulator and some other things that are pretty unique. 

With the ships you list specifically my choice would by Symphony>Navigator>Ovation>Explorer. 

Quantum class is fine, but I prefer the promenade you get on Voyager and Freedom class ships to the Esplanade on Quantum class. Since Navigator was amplified, it has a lot of very nice, upgraded amenities. Explorer didn't get an amplification, so its below Ovation for me. 

1 hour ago, JazzBassMan said:

With the ships you list specifically my choice would by Symphony>Navigator>Ovation>Explorer. 

Quantum class is fine, but I prefer the promenade you get on Voyager and Freedom class ships to the Esplanade on Quantum class. Since Navigator was amplified, it has a lot of very nice, upgraded amenities. Explorer didn't get an amplification, so its below Ovation for me. 

Oh, Freedom class? 🐿🐿🐿 I cannot make up my mind as it is.  🥴🤣😂🙃

Why Voyager class and not Freedom? Voyager/Freedom/Oasis is just a larger progression along the way. Quantum class is similar but a different experience. My own history takes me in order from Mariner to Oasis/Allure and then to Anthem and I like them all for different reasons. The larger the ship the more venues, places to explore etc you're going to have. 

For a first timer I'd recommend one of the newer Oasis class ships (that I haven't been on). I've been on Allure twice and while I really like it, I really wish it had a Playmakers instead of the Mexican restaurant. It's huge and overwhelming at first but the way the neighborhoods are laid out makes it really easy to get your bearings and get the feel. 

Quantum class is a variation of the theme and I think it's my favorite due to the Solarium and 270, but it's pretty unique to other ships in the fleet. Going on an Oasis class fir the first time would allow you to go on all the Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class ships and have that feel of familiarity. 

Depending on where the cruise is going, Quantum class could be a good option. I know you said you're not a sun worshipper, so the pools aren't that important but if you're going to cooler climates or doing the winter, having that indoor pool (that's not the Solarium) is a good option to sit poolside and read, relax and sightsee. We did Anthem for my Canada/NE cruise and on some of the cooler days seats were hard to come by in the Solarium but could still get a nice view from the indoor pool area. 

4 hours ago, Brando95 said:

Why Voyager class and not Freedom? Voyager/Freedom/Oasis is just a larger progression along the way. Quantum class is similar but a different experience. My own history takes me in order from Mariner to Oasis/Allure and then to Anthem and I like them all for different reasons. The larger the ship the more venues, places to explore etc you're going to have. 

For a first timer I'd recommend one of the newer Oasis class ships (that I haven't been on). I've been on Allure twice and while I really like it, I really wish it had a Playmakers instead of the Mexican restaurant. It's huge and overwhelming at first but the way the neighborhoods are laid out makes it really easy to get your bearings and get the feel. 

Quantum class is a variation of the theme and I think it's my favorite due to the Solarium and 270, but it's pretty unique to other ships in the fleet. Going on an Oasis class fir the first time would allow you to go on all the Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class ships and have that feel of familiarity. 

Depending on where the cruise is going, Quantum class could be a good option. I know you said you're not a sun worshipper, so the pools aren't that important but if you're going to cooler climates or doing the winter, having that indoor pool (that's not the Solarium) is a good option to sit poolside and read, relax and sightsee. We did Anthem for my Canada/NE cruise and on some of the cooler days seats were hard to come by in the Solarium but could still get a nice view from the indoor pool area. 

Everything you said and more has me excited.  I get NCL comps so I haven't looked around but the Solarium, we don't all want to be in the sun but some of us like everything else about the pool deck so the indoor pool yay! Are Quantum and Ovation the same? 

7 hours ago, Rackham said:

This isn't even a question. Oasis-class all the way. In other words, Symphony.

Symphony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFpcDuYKcBk

Navigator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9f32sctvt0

Ovation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY4oxVX2QIk

These videos are the reason I'm having this dilemma 😄❤️ 

Since ship is not the destination for me, I'd pick Voyager for the available itineraries while still having stuff to do on sea days.  But when ship is destination, I agree with everyone else on Oasis class, e.g., Harmony.  Haven't been on Quantum so I can't judge it.  I just think that Central Park will always be a winner, especially if you aren't traveling with kids who want water slides.

If the ship is the destination, then Oasis class wins hands down IMHO. No other class has the volume of activities, restaurants, venues, neighborhoods, etc. At least until Icon sets sail. The Royal Promenade on Oasis class is far superior (multi-level and the only one with natural light from Central Park just above) to any other class including the Esplanade on the smaller Quantum class ships. Central Park and the Boardwalk (including the Aqua Theater) will give you the WOW factor! My vote is also for Symphony!

• 2 weeks later...