Transfer Orlando to Port Canaveral and back

I know this comes up from time to time.  Who's got some good ideas regarding transfers to and from the port?  We are booking air and hotel together to save $.  Need transfers from hotel to ship and then from Cocoa Beach area back to airport.  Looks like a 7:30 PM flight after the cruise, so no need to go from the ship to airport, but will spend a good part of the day post ship in the area.  Or we are open for other ideas as to how to spend 4 or so hours after leaving the ship but before returning to the airport. 

Thanks in advance.  As always, this board, the people on it, and the advice available here is a real treasure.

1 hour ago, RCVoyager said:

I know this comes up from time to time.  Who's got some good ideas regarding transfers to and from the port?  We are booking air and hotel together to save $.  Need transfers from hotel to ship and then from Cocoa Beach area back to airport.  Looks like a 7:30 PM flight after the cruise, so no need to go from the ship to airport, but will spend a good part of the day post ship in the area.  Or we are open for other ideas as to how to spend 4 or so hours after leaving the ship but before returning to the airport. 

Thanks in advance.  As always, this board, the people on it, and the advice available here is a real treasure.

We are not fans of scheduling shuttles or transfers.   We have always had good luck using Uber or Lyft.  Check your cruise planner for Kennedy Space Center Tour with Airport Transfer.   That may be an option if you are looking for something to do after the cruise.  Good luck!

We've used GoPort on our last 3 cruises out of PC. Both the just the shuttle option and the fly, sleep, cruise (or something to that effect) package and were happy with both. I've had good experiences with GoPort's customer service as well. Ride share can be fairly pricey but if you want to get to the port early thats your best bet since the GoPort shuttle starts its rounds between 8-9am and stops at several hotels before heading to the port. Its perfect if you get a later boarding time though. We've decided that we prefer to Uber on the way to PC and use GoPort to get back to the airport. It just depends on what your priorities are. Hope that helps!

6 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

8am I believe is the first shuttle. I used it before and got on the 9am and was at MCO before 10am for 12:55 flight.

I just went to their website and the part that makes me nervous is that they wait for the shuttle to fill before leaving. So you could be waiting around for a while. Our flight is just after 12pm so I am worried about tight timing, especially with a potential long wait at security at MCO.

14 hours ago, SemperMom said:

We've used GoPort on our last 3 cruises out of PC. Both the just the shuttle option and the fly, sleep, cruise (or something to that effect) package and were happy with both. I've had good experiences with GoPort's customer service as well. Ride share can be fairly pricey but if you want to get to the port early thats your best bet since the GoPort shuttle starts its rounds between 8-9am and stops at several hotels before heading to the port. Its perfect if you get a later boarding time though. We've decided that we prefer to Uber on the way to PC and use GoPort to get back to the airport. It just depends on what your priorities are. Hope that helps!

We used GoPort and had a great experience.  We will use them again for sure.

12 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I just went to their website and the part that makes me nervous is that they wait for the shuttle to fill before leaving. So you could be waiting around for a while. Our flight is just after 12pm so I am worried about tight timing, especially with a potential long wait at security at MCO.

@Lovetocruise2002 I'll pick you up and drive you back to MCO whenever you want... if I can stay in the 2nd bedroom.  I'm not sleeping with Twangster though.

Let me know. 😁

12 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes...the wait can be bananas. I have precheck so I went down around 8am and waited for the shuttle to come and be filled. I was fine as my flight left after noon but I understand your worry. 

13 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

How early does Go Port leave Port Canaveral for MCO?

13 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

8am I believe is the first shuttle. I used it before and got on the 9am and was at MCO before 10am for 12:55 flight.

Here is a screen shot of our confirmation email for our upcoming Oct. cruise. I don't recall a super long wait but we were off the ship by 8am with a whole bunch of other early birds. We always schedule our flights for a little later in the afternoon though which proved to be a good thing since last time it turned out there was supposed to be a launch and traffic was crazy. We now look to see if there are any launches scheduled ahead of time. lol image.jpeg.2d2b9dad91f396958136ee1f2356b226.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2023 at 10:24 PM, Dan Curtis said:

Skippy transportation is our go to, modern clean, safe vans or cars, friendly and either on time or early for pick up, they will call you when in route, there reviews are very very good.

+1 on this recommendation!  We used Skippy for the second time and just returned home yesterday.  Fantastic experience and I don't plan to use any other service going forward.