Changing protocols for transatlantic cruises

gonzo

7 hours ago, gonzo said:

Just found out vaccine is needed agian for transatlantic cruises. When do all these vaccine mandates end seems like we're going backwards.

What's sad is the do not tell you the rules when you are booking.  I have people on my  transatlantic cruise who are sharing emails they recieved regarding this policy, I've received nothing.  Royal strikes again!!

11 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

What's sad is the do not tell you the rules when you are booking.  I have people on my  transatlantic cruise who are sharing emails they recieved regarding this policy, I've received nothing.  Royal strikes again!!

Not sure RC are 100% to blame! 

Isn't it a person's responsibility to check these things as well? 

If someone was booking flights to a country on the otherside of the world would they just book it and not bother check out information about the country they are visiting? Or would it be more sensible to search google and find out about that country? It's the same with a cruise! You don't book a cruise without first doing research into each port of call! Things to do! Transport! Vaccine requirements! Not just for Covid as countries all over the world have had certain Vaccine requirements in place for decades.

Only Last month Germany finally lifted the need to wear masks on long journeys! At the same time a number of countries reintroduced the need for covid tests if travelling from china. 

Rules have not gone away! The level of requirements are lowered or lifted depending on whats happening at the time! RC and no other company have any say on this

What would happen if a country reintroduced the requirement for all to be vaccinated before entering 2 days before a TA docked?  My guess would be a long que at guest customer services with people blaming RC for allowing none vaccinated to board while demanding a full refund and OBC 

1 hour ago, Ray said:

Not sure RC are 100% to blame! 

Isn't it a person's responsibility to check these things as well? 

If someone was booking flights to a country on the otherside of the world would they just book it and not bother check out information about the country they are visiting? Or would it be more sensible to search google and find out about that country? It's the same with a cruise! You don't book a cruise without first doing research into each port of call! Things to do! Transport! Vaccine requirements! Not just for Covid as countries all over the world have had certain Vaccine requirements in place for decades.

Only Last month Germany finally lifted the need to wear masks on long journeys! At the same time a number of countries reintroduced the need for covid tests if travelling from china. 

Rules have not gone away! The level of requirements are lowered or lifted depending on whats happening at the time! RC and no other company have any say on this

What would happen if a country reintroduced the requirement for all to be vaccinated before entering 2 days before a TA docked?  My guess would be a long que at guest customer services with people blaming RC for allowing none vaccinated to board while demanding a full refund and OBC 

I’m going to guess you’ve not sailed a lot since the restart.  There were always reminders about vax status, testing etc. I have no concern over my travel.  It’s arbitrary that they send emails to some, not others.  Not everyone is savvy enough to think or understand that there may still be restrictions, or to look in the app to see what Royal wants done for certain trips. .  I’ll bet many Americans are unaware you need to be vaxxed to fly into the US if you are not a citizen,  most people think the restrictions are lifted  

30 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

I’m going to guess you’ve not sailed a lot since the restart.   

Sailed no! Travelled yes! 

I agree! When changes are made to a booking of any kind companies have a responsibility to let those affected know.

As for the last part of your post in that people are not savvy enough, dont understand things or they think restrictions are lifted highlights the need for people to either search for information themselves or ask for help from others more capable before travelling abroad.

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

That's what I thought. The TA's in the fall had this protocol

As of November (based on cached copies of the site on archive.org), it just singled out westbound TATLs

COVID-19 Vaccination is no longer required to sail, with a few exceptions. At this time, only the following sailings have COVID-19 vaccination requirements:

Guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to sail:

Guests age 5 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to sail:

• Transatlantic Sailings from Europe

On 2/11/2023 at 8:55 AM, Pattycruise said:

I’ll bet many Americans are unaware you need to be vaxxed to fly into the US if you are not a citizen,  most people think the restrictions are lifted  

Yes. I consider myself to be a fairly savvy traveller but I had no idea this was the case and would probably not have thought to check. I would have planned on bringing proof of our vax status anyway just because you never know when it might be needed so wouldn't be a problem for us, but I can definitely see some people turning up at the airport without it or even being unvaxed.

Perhaps there is mention of it on the ESTA process? I will watch out for that when we apply.

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Perhaps there is mention of it on the ESTA process? I will watch out for that when we apply.

I appiled for my Esta 2 weeks ago and as far as i can remember it was just the Usual questions...are you a terrorist? Do you have plans to become a terrorist? Have you used drugs? Etc etc etc 

14 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I cant believe we still have that ridiculous vax requirement to get into the country when every other country in the world (save a very few) have long ago abandoned that pretense.  It’s embarrassing.

Well May 10 is the magic day that Covid will no longer be a national emergency , or whatever, in the US.  Maybe then they’ll put that restriction to bed.  Nothing like a good restriction to keep the economy down. 

On 2/12/2023 at 6:12 AM, Ray said:

I appiled for my Esta 2 weeks ago and as far as i can remember it was just the Usual questions...are you a terrorist? Do you have plans to become a terrorist? Have you used drugs? Etc etc etc 

Reminds me of my first flight back to the US post 9-11 ... the one where the "newly trained inspector" took the time to painstakingly read to me all of the reasons that it would be ok for me to be returning to the US with traces of explosives, gunpowder, nuclear material, toxic chemicals, etc. 

My numerous attempts to explain that my answer was no and I didn't want to hear the list went unheeded as he seemed to believe it was required for me to listen to the entire list before I could affirm that I was not a trained chemical engineer returning from mining nuclear material with explosives.

To be clear I did not have traces of any of those things on/with me but that didn't seem to be relevant either.