Paper menus?

LizzyBee23

Checking with recent cruisers to see if the main dining room has gotten a bit more flexible with paper menus at dinner. They were really pushing the app on The Ovation, which caused quite a bit of frustration for some in our party who really didn't want to have to keep their phone on them at dinner. Have an upcoming cruise on Radiance, and trying to figure out if we need to warn the other guests in our party.

Btw, when it was app only during the restart I took to taking a picture of the menu on the screen outside of the dining room.  For me it visually made sense when looking at the photo on my phone.  I do not like scrolling on the app.  I even edited my pic and circled or starred the items I wanted.  I’m glad they are back to paper but if they get rid of it I’ll do this again

I think it's a server preference thing.

On our cruise in 2021 I expected to have to use the app so I was pulling my phone out but presented with paper menus every time. This time on Allure, our head waiter told us to use the app but then the assistant brought us paper menus unprompted. So I think they're given free reign to suggest as they see fit.