Thanksgiving Cruises-who's going?

So I'm curious who else is going on any of the Thanksgiving weekend cruises on Indy, Navigator and Brilliance?  A Royal Caribbean Blog role call of sorts for these 3 cruises!  I'll be traveling with my wife and two kids (6 & 4).

I was booked on Indy, cancelled it about 45 days ago and rebooked today.  I paid about $1000 less than my original reservation but I did go from 2 rooms to 1 room with a family of 4.  Apples to apples savings was about $500-600.

I've never been on a cruise ship on an actual holiday so I was curious if anyone has any memorable experiences from cruises in their past that sailed on Thanksgiving or any other actual major holidays.

We sailed over the New Year Holiday 2014 and had a wonderful experience. My sister is a high school teacher which hasoccasionally made it necessary to travel on holidays. The party for the new year was fantasic, fire works at sea. It was all great. I did however get wearly of the holiday/Christmas music played for the entire voyage. That said we prefer to cruise in off peak time when it it less expensive.

I did Thanksgiving on Brilliance last year and enjoyed it. Got sucked back into "doing the family thing" this year.

You simply need you reframe the narrative: subject back in doing the family thing on a cruise this year. Tell them it's for the (INSIDER) children.

On Adventure this Thanksgiving, will be our 7th in a row at sea. I would say the biggest attraction has been not having to cook & clean but still getting to enjoy the turkey day fixings as well as sitting poolside to watch the football slate.

It now appears though that RCI has decided to implement holiday pricing for 2017 for thanksgiving, curious to see if that brings new benefits to the table or just a premium price in which case our tradition is coming to an end.

• 5 weeks later...

We sailed over the New Year Holiday 2014 and had a wonderful experience. My sister is a high school teacher which hasoccasionally made it necessary to travel on holidays. The party for the new year was fantasic, fire works at sea. It was all great. I did however get wearly of the holiday/Christmas music played for the entire voyage. That said we prefer to cruise in off peak time when it it less expensive.

We have 12/26 sailing on the Liberty this year. Very excited.

We are going on Vision out of Venice on the 19th and I'm so glad to travel on the holidays---we have done it for years (albeit not cruising) I cannot wait I just wonder if we like to actually cruise (which I suspect we will) if I will be able to book another one for the next holiday (Xmas). For someone who hasn't cruised I love this web blog.

We are going on Vision out of Venice on the 19th and I'm so glad to travel on the holidays---we have done it for years (albeit not cruising) I cannot wait I just wonder if we like to actually cruise (which I suspect we will) if I will be able to book another one for the next holiday (Xmas). For someone who hasn't cruised I love this web blog.

If you do end up enjoying it, consider booking your next cruise onboard for some added perks. Also keep in mind that some of Royal's newer ships are very different and more like resort hotels if that's something you think you might want to try in the future.

Also keep in mind that the 2 most expensive weeks to cruise (any line) are Christmas week and New Year's. In contrast, some of the LEAST expensive weeks to cruise are those between Thanksgiving and Christmas (early Dec.). I absolutely love cruising for Christmas but it is expensive !

I've had good luck by booking 18 months at or about 3 months out for New Years, but YMMV.

Royal has now implemented premium pricing for Thanksgiving week as well as the Christmas and New Year weeks.

This all varies by sailing, and is adjusted as needed, but as a frame of reference, on Indy, I paid $941 (tax in) for a verandah GTY (ended up w/ Superior).  That also included a $25 OBC.  Bev package is $44/day on that sailing, so that was on the lowest end as well.  Not too bad IMO.

Sorry wasn't clear in what I meant.

When the 2017 schedule was rolled out , every Thanksgiving week cruise was priced higher than the same cruise on the same ship right before and right after Thanksgiving. From then on the prices have fluctuated with supply/demand/sale of the day but it was clear at schedule roll out that they had decided to start the Thanksgiving week at a premium.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Royal has now implemented premium pricing for Thanksgiving week as well as the Christmas and New Year weeks.

I booked onboard the same cruise we were on jticarruthers, same ship and cabins.  Price is 25% higher than last year (gee, that 25% FCC is really doing a lot for me).  I'm shopping around now and may be cancelling.  We'll see.