Oasis Sailings from New Jersey

Just received the dreaded ‘We’re sharing a change for your upcoming cruise’ email. Fortunately, it’s not a cancellation or itinerary change. For my cruises on the Oasis from Port Liberty in Sept and Oct…due to CDC guidance they have implemented new boarding protocols and will need additional time for check in. So instead of leaving at 4pm, departure will be at 6pm. Completely understandable and now, at least, I feel confident that these cruises will proceed.

However, check in is still not available. Waiting patiently (yeah, right!)

1 hour ago, Jmccaffrey said:

Just got the same e-mail. I am just hopping with the Cap on the amount of people my Cruise is still a go and don't get canceled   

66 Days Go to ..... Crossing my fringes 

Jmccaffrey, how did you determine there is a cap on the amount of people on the cruise? I have assumed there would be but haven't seen anything in writing... 

On 8/5/2021 at 11:35 AM, BrianB said:

Completely understandable and now, at least, I feel confident that these cruises will proceed.

Who cares, as long as your cruise isn't cancelled.

Beside, the view on New York skyline and the Statue of Liberty is better after sunset, you are getting a view for free what others are paying to see.

I’m not complaining…rather I take it as a good sign that the cruise is still happening! And yes…it is a beautiful night time sail out. Especially if the Capt decides to turn north in the harbor and cruise past the Statue of Liberty and lower Manhattan before turning back south. That happens rarely but is a nice treat!

I just checked in to my Anthem cruise out of Port Liberty on Nov 7th…90 days out! It’s Anthem’s first scheduled cruise from NJ this season. I didn’t receive an email advising me that check in was available, just noticed it online in my account. Can access my SetSail pass. Check in is complete with the exception of the health questionnaire and protocols at the terminal prior to boarding. I’m thinking I must be one of the first to check in…or at least near the top…and yet the only available time I was offered is 3-3:30pm. I’m thinking the time offered is random…and not first come, earliest time.

So, just got an email from Celebrity for my September 2,2021 sailing and it was cancelled. Because the new rule coming from the CDC is if a ship has been in International waters when coming back to the US must not cruise again for 14 days! I’m seriously about done! I just don’t understand the hoops they expect Cruise ships to go through! 

We're booked on RC Oasis out of NJ on 9/05/21 with no check in yet available. Yesterday I emailed the online TA I booked through to cancel. Who can make realistic plans under these last-minute circumstances? It's such a shame, for cruise lines AND cruisers. This was one of four cruises booked or shifted BEFORE vaccinations became a requirement. As we are COVID recovered and unvaccinated, I won't currently book anything knowing we're not generally eligible to cruise without extra restrictions. So the FCCs aren't really helpful as I'm concerned they may expire before policies for cruising change...if they ever do change.

21 minutes ago, fireclan said:

We're booked on RC Oasis out of NJ on 9/05/21 with no check in yet available. Yesterday I emailed the online TA I booked through to cancel. Who can make realistic plans under these last-minute circumstances? It's such a shame, for cruise lines AND cruisers. This was one of four cruises booked or shifted BEFORE vaccinations became a requirement. As we are COVID recovered and unvaccinated, I won't currently book anything knowing we're not generally eligible to cruise without extra restrictions. So the FCCs aren't really helpful as I'm concerned they may expire before policies for cruising change...if they ever do change.

Did they allow you to get a cash refund since your cruise is in Sept. and they have not yet announced Sept. protocols ?

@WAAAYTOOO I'm hoping to hear something today. Since COVID, this agency seems to have their agents working reduced schedules, so sometimes there is a wait to get a reply. But I did ask if I was eligible for a cash out. This is a learning experience for me as I have never cancelled a cruise before so your response/suggestions are appreciated. 

22 minutes ago, fireclan said:

@WAAAYTOOO I'm hoping to hear something today. Since COVID, this agency seems to have their agents working reduced schedules, so sometimes there is a wait to get a reply. But I did ask if I was eligible for a cash out. This is a learning experience for me as I have never cancelled a cruise before so your response/suggestions are appreciated. 

I completely understand.  This is a very confusing process.  The reason I asked is b/c I have 3 cruises in Sept. that are going to probably need to be cancelled but I don't think they will do anything until the protocols are announced.  At that point, if you are unhappy with the protocols, they have been, in the past, willing to provide a cash refund.  That could change.....I hope it doesn't.  Good luck !!!

4 hours ago, Deedeelynn said:

So, just got an email from Celebrity for my September 2,2021 sailing and it was cancelled. Because the new rule coming from the CDC is if a ship has been in International waters when coming back to the US must not cruise again for 14 days! I’m seriously about done! I just don’t understand the hoops they expect Cruise ships to go through! 

Was that SUMMIT?  Was looking for the reason for cancellations at that time.

1 hour ago, MonkeyLaLaX2 said:

We just checked in for Oasis Sept 26 and got check in time.  Also tried to check in for Nov 7th, 3pm was only time available to choose.  Very strange.............

I also checked in for my Nov 7th a couple of days ago and 3pm was all that was available. I keep going back to try and get a different time…but it says try again later. I’ll keep trying.

2 hours ago, cruisellama said:

Was that SUMMIT?  Was looking for the reason for cancellations at that time.

Yes, that was Summit.it was September 2, the August 28 and September 6 was also cancelled. The email said because of new CDC ruling about coming to the US after you have been in International waters, the ship can’t go back out with passengers for 14 days! Just don’t understand! 

11 hours ago, BrianB said:

Thanks for the heads up!!

I just completed check in for all of my Oasis cruises in Sept and Oct! They all opened at once! Got the earliest time to arrive.

Thanks again!

Hey BrianB! How do you determine if it is the 'earliest time': are other times grayed out? We just checked in for our Oasis (10/17) and the first slot listed was 12:30, which seemed kind of late. Just curious!

8 hours ago, CrusingfromClayton said:

Hey BrianB! How do you determine if it is the 'earliest time': are other times grayed out? We just checked in for our Oasis (10/17) and the first slot listed was 12:30, which seemed kind of late. Just curious!

Sorry. Should have said ‘earliest time offered’. But I checked in to four Oasis cruises pretty close to the time that check in became available. The times offered were from noon to 5pm on all four. It’s possible that earlier times may be offered depending on circumstances as the date gets closer. As @Mattsaid in his video…it’s a good idea to keep checking.

10 hours ago, CrusingfromClayton said:

We just checked in for our Oasis (10/17) and the first slot listed was 12:30, which seemed kind of late. Just curious!

Maybe someone who has already cruised can address this but…I think that for now, the whole check in process has changed. No longer can we arrive at the port early morning and sit all together in a big waiting area until boarding commences. It appears from other posts that you arrive at your appointed time, and then are quickly ushered through the process and right to boarding. So a noon arrival time would seem reasonable.