Solarium Access....

kittysoul

I am trying to decide where I would like to be on the ship (once I decide between two different cruises).  I love the Solarium and will either be on Symphony or Allure.  Can anyone tell me for sure if there is access door into the Solarium from the hallways...it looks like there is... but i am not sure.  If so, is it on both ships and on both sides of the ship that have a door going out into the solarium at the end of the hallway (where the rooms are).   I think that easy access to the solarium is my priority and so was thinking that to stay towards the front of the ship, on the 14th floor, would give me the easiest direct access...  thoughts?

On Allure there is a deck 14 port side forward door that leads to the forward outdoor public deck in front of the solarium.  This doesn't lead to the solarium which is actually on deck 15 and deck 16. 

1565954467_AllureSolarium.jpg.72ad0e705ad4f99b809deb38258d7e8b.jpg

For Allure, this door is how you reach this area:

Allure-5.jpg

Note the solarium one deck above looking down onto this deck 14 forward public deck.

There is a starboard deck 14 door but I seem to recall it being blocked or marked as emergency use only.  I'm not positive about this.

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

On Allure there is a deck 14 port side forward door that leads to the forward outdoor public deck in front of the solarium.  This doesn't lead to the solarium which is actually on deck 15 and deck 16. 

Allure-5.jpg

Note the solarium one deck above looking down onto this deck 14 forward public deck.

@twangster I love how you have a picture for everything!

Symphony has a 3 level solarium.  That forward outdoor deck 14 area on Allure is part of Symphony's solarium with only the bridge wings outdoor.  This is where Symphony's "King of the World" is located.  

I'm going through my Symphony photos to see if I have anything from this area of the solarium that shows the door to the cabin area.

On Symphony the cabin deck 14 hall does have doors on both sides into this lowest level of the solarium.  

48 minutes ago, twangster said:

Allure-5.jpg

There is a starboard deck 14 door but I seem to recall it being blocked or marked as emergency use only.  I'm not positive about this.

you ROCK, Twangster!  You always help me so much... THANK YOU!!  ?  This helps me make my decision for sure!

1 hour ago, kittysoul said:

I am trying to decide where I would like to be on the ship (once I decide between two different cruises).  I love the Solarium and will either be on Symphony or Allure.  Can anyone tell me for sure if there is access door into the Solarium from the hallways...it looks like there is... but i am not sure.  If so, is it on both ships and on both sides of the ship that have a door going out into the solarium at the end of the hallway (where the rooms are).   I think that easy access to the solarium is my priority and so was thinking that to stay towards the front of the ship, on the 14th floor, would give me the easiest direct access...  thoughts?

Here's a link to a really nice tool to explore decks for many ships.  You can also use to see what's above and below your cabin.

https://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/index.php

43 minutes ago, twangster said:

This is taken from Symphony's King of the World.  The door to the cabin area on deck 14 is shown by the red arrow.  Same on starboard not shown.

It's on the other side of the glass so not perfectly clear but you get the idea. 

1256317255_SymphonySolarium.jpg.3cdc2d28cc5c2fbfabfce724bb3cbd22.jpg

Do you have a picture of the restroom on Deck 5, starboard near the theater?

1 hour ago, twangster said:

This is taken from Symphony's King of the World.  The door to the cabin area on deck 14 is shown by the red arrow.  Same on starboard not shown.

It's on the other side of the glass so not perfectly clear but you get the idea. 

1256317255_SymphonySolarium.jpg.3cdc2d28cc5c2fbfabfce724bb3cbd22.jpg

This will be PERFECT... for sneaking down the hall to the hot tub late at night or going back to the room because i forgot something! i love it!  thanks!!

Ahhhhhhhh...... ?

My favourite spot on the ship, and in 79 days I'll be checking into my room on Harmony - in cabin 14144, which is about 10 steps to that door that leads out to the Solarium (and the glass observation deck).  I'm so freaking excited.  I assume you'll have the same layout.

Check out this guy's video and you'll see what I mean:

Hey guys... so I ended up getting room 14568... balcony room next to the elevator and just a short piece down the hall from the solarium.. so I am pleased with that!!  It is not portside but thats okay, i would rather have this proximity to the solarium than be on the port side at the other end of the ship... and changing rooms, i ended up saving 600 dollars... which was very odd to me!  Also i found out that the room I did have was a 50% obstructed view, and had no idea!  So thank you for all your help, i think i am going to  be happy with this location!!  -Julie

• 5 months later...
On 9/10/2020 at 4:00 PM, Floski said:

Ahhhhhhhh...... ?

My favourite spot on the ship, and in 79 days I'll be checking into my room on Harmony - in cabin 14144, which is about 10 steps to that door that leads out to the Solarium (and the glass observation deck).  I'm so freaking excited.  I assume you'll have the same layout.

Check out this guy's video and you'll see what I mean:

I'm looking at the one cruise to Mexico/Honduras in the next two years from Port Canaveral; a 6 nighter on Harmony....can anyone tell me if there is a hallway access door on the starboard side like the one here on deck 14?   There isn't an open room anywhere near the port door, but a couple on the opposite hallway.

I feel like I've asked this before, but can't remember  ?