Sign in to follow this  
Fairlynew

Royal Up-Again

15 hours ago, newcruiser77 said:

I'm a first time cruiser and am in a Junior Suite on the Oasis April 5th.  I received an email to "Royal Up" with options for a Grand Suite, 2 bed GS, Owner's Suite, Grand Loft Suite and Aquatheatre 1 bed!    I thought our room looked lovely when I booked it but it sounds like there are many benefits to moving up in class; I  put some time into selecting our location so I'm not sure I like the randomness of the upgrade too.   How far out do they accept/decide on the bids if I decide to make one?

I am sailing on March 1, so I got my acceptance with 17 days to go.  On this and other boards, I have seen people get accepted as early as 45 days out and as late as 24 hours out.  As far as I can tell, it is random.  Best of luck.

I was happy with what I had and to me, the randomness was sort of fun.  I enjoyed checking every now and then to see if anything had changed.  I used the theory that "you can't win if you don't enter".  As far as randomness of room location, I think most of the categories you mention are in good locations.  I am not sure how we will like having the handicapped bathrooms (we got an accessible suite-which I feel a little guilty about) , but I know we will enjoy the extra space in our suite.  We also have an elevator, which I find amusing because I positively hate elevators and go out of my way to take stairs whenever possible.  

4 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

Thank you. I found it...shows "Pending". Fingers crossed! 

EDIT: While it shows PENDING, we bid to upgrade to a balcony, and they show sold out, so im not getting my hopes up.  I suspect they havent gotten around to declining the bid. 🤣