Jump to content
mpoole3

Allure to Texas

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

No Ultimate Panoramic cabins are available to book at this time.  I was told they won't make those available to book until the amplification is completed just in case something happened and they didn't get added for some reason.

It's like you read my mind...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm on the UP wait list, but I've always wanted to try an ATS so I might just stay where I am.  

Of course, I have not been inside one of the UPS but from what I have seen, I think the ATS is a much better option.  Unless there is a tremendous price difference or some other reason to choose the UPS I would stick with the ATS.  You already have an UPS booked a different time, right ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Of course, I have not been inside one of the UPS but from what I have seen, I think the ATS is a much better option.  Unless there is a tremendous price difference or some other reason to choose the UPS I would stick with the ATS.  You already have an UPS booked a different time, right ?

Oasis UP in 2022.  

By doing an ATS while I am younger the 67,000 extra steps shouldn't be an issue.  Still wish it was closer to SL/CK though.  

The NextCruise agent asked my dining preference.  Seriously? MDR?  I said  "My balcony... every night  🙂".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, twangster said:

Oasis UP in 2022.  

By doing an ATS while I am younger the 67,000 extra steps shouldn't be an issue.  Still wish it was closer to SL/CK though.  

The NextCruise agent asked my dining preference.  Seriously? MDR?  I said  "My balcony... every night  🙂".  

I will agree with you....it's a long dang way all the way to the ATS but honestly, I don't think it's going to be any fewer steps from all the way forward, either.  I guess it depends on where you are going...but if you're going up to 17, it's going to be a trek from the UPS.

You're doing the right thing though....easing yourself into Star Class.  Once there, you're doomed.  

I have to laugh about the MDR preference when in SC.  2 weeks ago, when we were on Oasis, we had a call from the Maitre 'd in the MDR asking why we had not been to the MDR all week.  I kind of held the phone away and looked at it and then put it back to my ear.  I just said that we had been eating in the specialty restaurants and left it at that.  It does seem incredibly stupid for them to hold a table for you in the MDR when you are SC.  Doesn't the Genie let them know that you won't be coming ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Galveston Steve said:

We booked the first two sailings, 4 and 7 day. 2BR Aqua. 

I booked that frickin' Harmony TA. That ties me up until 11/14.  I just booked it at Next so I could cancel Harmony without fees but...

I looked at the 4 day but they wanted more than I'm paying for the 7 day in December and it's only 4 days.  So I kept the Harmony TA and decided to sail in December when it's always cheaper.  

Still jealous of you guys though...  🙂 Enjoy the inaugural Allure Galveston sailings!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As excited as I was for an Oasis class to come to Galveston, my wife is less than excited with the itinerary. I think we are going to hold off and chose to go out of Florida next year or the year after. I don’t care as much. But I have to keep her happy. She’s all about the ports. I’m all about the ship and the Ultimate Dining Package. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oliver said:

As excited as I was for an Oasis class to come to Galveston, my wife is less than excited with the itinerary. I think we are going to hold off and chose to go out of Florida next year or the year after. I don’t care as much. But I have to keep her happy. She’s all about the ports. I’m all about the ship and the Ultimate Dining Package. 

Agreed. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just booked a 2 BR Aqua and the spa balcony right next to it for February 2022 on Allure.   That dang spa balcony was crazy expensive but we really wanted cabin next door to Aqua.  I finally convinced our kids and wives to join us.  We will have a new grandchild this next March and he will be 2 by 2022.  That will be a new way to cruise.  Never cruised with our kids since by the time we found the cruise craze they were in their late teens and didn't want to go on vacation with Mom and Dad.  Their loss for sure.     Also @twangster you are right once you go Star/Suite life it is hard to go back to "normal".  We are doing Liberty in a few weeks in a lowly regular balcony.  It is going to be a tough transition! But hey a cruise is a cruise no matter where your cabin.  So looking forward to it.

Shout out to Sharla at MEI travel.  I had asked her to be on the lookout for us for the Allure Galveston and she was right on it and got it done before it even showed up on the website.  Love MEI!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Hince57 said:

2br aqua suite over thanksgiving is $1,200 (total) more than my upcoming disney fantasy cruise over thanksgiving...did i mention the disney cabins are interior?

crazy!

Totally agreed, Disney is pricey!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hince57 said:

2br aqua suite over thanksgiving is $1,200 (total) more than my upcoming disney fantasy cruise over thanksgiving...did i mention the disney cabins are interior?

crazy!

Dont get me started on DCL prices

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...