Allure to Texas

Just now, Galveston Steve said:

We booked the first two sailings, 4 and 7 day. 2BR Aqua. 

I booked that frickin' Harmony TA. That ties me up until 11/14.  I just booked it at Next so I could cancel Harmony without fees but...

I looked at the 4 day but they wanted more than I'm paying for the 7 day in December and it's only 4 days.  So I kept the Harmony TA and decided to sail in December when it's always cheaper.  

Still jealous of you guys though...  ? Enjoy the inaugural Allure Galveston sailings!!!

As excited as I was for an Oasis class to come to Galveston, my wife is less than excited with the itinerary. I think we are going to hold off and chose to go out of Florida next year or the year after. I don’t care as much. But I have to keep her happy. She’s all about the ports. I’m all about the ship and the Ultimate Dining Package. 

2 hours ago, Oliver said:

As excited as I was for an Oasis class to come to Galveston, my wife is less than excited with the itinerary. I think we are going to hold off and chose to go out of Florida next year or the year after. I don’t care as much. But I have to keep her happy. She’s all about the ports. I’m all about the ship and the Ultimate Dining Package. 

Agreed. ?

Just booked a 2 BR Aqua and the spa balcony right next to it for February 2022 on Allure.   That dang spa balcony was crazy expensive but we really wanted cabin next door to Aqua.  I finally convinced our kids and wives to join us.  We will have a new grandchild this next March and he will be 2 by 2022.  That will be a new way to cruise.  Never cruised with our kids since by the time we found the cruise craze they were in their late teens and didn't want to go on vacation with Mom and Dad.  Their loss for sure.     Also @twangster you are right once you go Star/Suite life it is hard to go back to "normal".  We are doing Liberty in a few weeks in a lowly regular balcony.  It is going to be a tough transition! But hey a cruise is a cruise no matter where your cabin.  So looking forward to it.

Shout out to Sharla at MEI travel.  I had asked her to be on the lookout for us for the Allure Galveston and she was right on it and got it done before it even showed up on the website.  Love MEI!

9 hours ago, Matt said:

Dont get me started on DCL prices

DCL is indeed very expensive but I very strongly feel that it is something you should experience once especially if you have kids. It’s a fabulous experience. But only once because for the price, I can cruise many more times on RCCL

On 12/18/2019 at 3:27 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I will agree with you....it's a long dang way all the way to the ATS but honestly, I don't think it's going to be any fewer steps from all the way forward, either.  I guess it depends on where you are going...but if you're going up to 17, it's going to be a trek from the UPS.

You're doing the right thing though....easing yourself into Star Class.  Once there, you're doomed.  

I have to laugh about the MDR preference when in SC.  2 weeks ago, when we were on Oasis, we had a call from the Maitre 'd in the MDR asking why we had not been to the MDR all week.  I kind of held the phone away and looked at it and then put it back to my ear.  I just said that we had been eating in the specialty restaurants and left it at that.  It does seem incredibly stupid for them to hold a table for you in the MDR when you are SC.  Doesn't the Genie let them know that you won't be coming ?

Ok trying to follow here.  ATS? The newbie is getting confused ?