mpoole3

Allure to Texas

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

There was a "rumour" a while back that Liberty was headed back to Bayonne once Allure heads to Galveston.  Not sure if there is truth to that.

Royal announced 2 weeks ago plans for Liberty in 2021 Galveston, then Miami:

“ Adventurers looking to cruise from the Lone Star state in the summer on 2021 can sail on board Liberty of the Seas roundtrip from Galveston, Texas. The guest favorite will set course for the Western Caribbean on 7-night sailings before she transitions to Miami for the winter to offer 3-and 4-night Bahamas and Perfect Day at CocoCay itineraries.“

26 minutes ago, Zurc said:

Royal announced 2 weeks ago plans for Liberty in 2021 Galveston, then Miami:

“ Adventurers looking to cruise from the Lone Star state in the summer on 2021 can sail on board Liberty of the Seas roundtrip from Galveston, Texas. The guest favorite will set course for the Western Caribbean on 7-night sailings before she transitions to Miami for the winter to offer 3-and 4-night Bahamas and Perfect Day at CocoCay itineraries.“

Thanks!  Totally missed that announcement.  More proof that work is getting in the way of cruise research! 😉

On 12/11/2019 at 4:35 PM, Scatmanjack said:

Wow, Pier 10 is farther down the island near the Medical Buildings.  The Bus Depot in the rendering is not a good sign for those hoping to park close by.   Cruise parking currently up by Pier 1 and 2.  No Chance of Royal building a garage like Port Canaveral?  

Port of Galveston is building a surface parking lot at Pier 10 (new Terminal 3) as part of the deal. They will also build a new parking garage near the existing terminals and presumably offer shuttles to the new Terminal 3. 

Confirmed with NextCruise on Oasis today: first Allure sailing from Galveston is 10 Nov 2021 four day to Cozumel, followed by a 7 day to Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Roatan on 14 Nov 2021! Hopefully available for booking in a few days.

11 minutes ago, Galveston Steve said:

Confirmed with NextCruise on Oasis today: first Allure sailing from Galveston is 10 Nov 2021 four day to Cozumel, followed by a 7 day to Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Roatan on 14 Nov 2021! Hopefully available for booking in a few days.

Any word on other itinerary? 

3 hours ago, wordell1 said:

Any word on other itinerary? 

I would imagine they will stick with the Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica stops on the other itinerary since they've been doing it for 10+ years on the different ships out of Galveston.

2 hours ago, melmar02 said:

I would imagine they will stick with the Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica stops on the other itinerary since they've been doing it for 10+ years on the different ships out of Galveston.

I don’t think you’ll see Grand Cayman unless they finally build that pier. Oasis class does not tender. 

19 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I think he's on Oasis instead of Harmony for that one.  It's conveniently a B2B with the other charter he booked the week before 😂

I'm on the Charter too!  I may have to cancel it since we board the GC the same day the the charter gets back!  LOL!  

2 hours ago, melmar02 said:

Proximity wise, what else is there? Replace Belize and/or GC with Progresso?

I sure hope not Progresso, that is my least favorite port of all. BUT I could stay on the ship instead......this SHIP would be the reason we

cruised anyway. 😘

19 hours ago, melmar02 said:

I have a feeling Nassau and a overnight in CoCo Cay might be in the mix,

I wonder if the Bahamas are too far. Years ago we took Rhapsody from Galveston and the first stop was Key West. If I remember correctly,  it took a long time to get there and the stop was short.

8 hours ago, Flacruiser99 said:

I have a feeling Nassau and a overnight in CoCo Cay might be in the mix,

One can hope. There are a handful of 7 days on Enchantment from Galveston that are Key West, CoCo Cay, Nassau itineraries. Maybe a test? I'm sure with an O class it would do even better. 

3 hours ago, melmar02 said:

One can hope. There are a handful of 7 days on Enchantment from Galveston that are Key West, CoCo Cay, Nassau itineraries. Maybe a test? I'm sure with an O class it would do even better. 

We're on one of those itineraries and are looking forward to seeing how it goes.  Like @BB1 said though, the stop in Key West seems short at only 6 hours (12-6).

Would (will?) be much nicer on Allure!