Hi Jaullram.....

I was wondering if you could tell me the accessibility of the Chill Island Cabanas.  I am sailing on Mariner in July with my family and my brother's family.  My brother is a full time wheelchair user and would like to be able to escape the sun and sit in a cabana to relax.  Can you tell me or post pictures of the cabanas?  I am just trying to get an idea of if we can get him into one if there are many stairs or if it is very difficult for a wheelchair to navigate to a cabana.   

Thanks.

-Sue M.  

P.S.    I am sorry but somehow when I was trying to reply to your post, I think I shared it with the group again.  I am new to this blog! :)

Just now, SMM799 said:

Thanks Matt!  That doesn't look like much of a step at all to get into the cabana.  Am I seeing that right?

Thanks again!

There's definitely one step, but no set of stairs or anything like that.  

51 minutes ago, Matt said:

@SMM799 As of last month, the cabana area is surrounded by sand.  So your brother would need to be able to transfer to a beach wheelchair to get to the actual cabana.  

Here are some photos from last month:

DSC_0228_2.jpg

DSC_0230_2.jpg

DSC_0233_2.jpg

DSC_0241_0.jpg

are these what the South Beach cabanas will be similar to? 

RTripp the “amenities “ included with the Chill Island Cabana was a cooler of water (yes, only water), upgraded lunch buffet (see my post above), private roped off beach and bar for just Cabana area.  As for the private speaker and safe - never actually knew it existed!!!  There was a cocktail table in the cabana so maybe that is where the speaker and locker was!  Next time we will have to look harder because it wasn't obvious.   Also, the description says cabin attendant but we never had anyone come ask us for drinks like they do in Labadee.

Thanks so much for your post!  I too have been searching everywhere for more information on the chill island cabanas.  Can you answer a few questions for me?

Does the cabana come with floating beach mats?

Do you recommend water shoes for this area?

Can you book your specific cabana onboard the ship?

I read that some cabanas include water park admission, is this correct an does it apply to Chill Island?

In years past the cabanas included two sets of snorkel gear.  Is that still included?

How do you get to choose a cabana?  In the past we always got #1 and #2 (closest to the water at the old cabana location).  

Got a cabana on Chill Island in June.

17 hours ago, Jakejosa said:

Does the cabana come with floating beach mats?

Yes

Nah. Very soft sand in and out of the water. Not like Labadee.

You can go to Shore Excursion desk and make a request.

I read that some cabanas include water park admission, is this correct an does it apply to Chill Island?

No. Only the Thrill Waterpark cabanas do. More info on that here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/04/12/perfect-day-cococay-prices-and-costs

18 hours ago, Jakejosa said:

17 hours ago, wstephensi said:

In years past the cabanas included two sets of snorkel gear.  Is that still included?

How do you get to choose a cabana?  In the past we always got #1 and #2 (closest to the water at the old cabana location).  

There is no need for water shoes in the water at the cabana area, however, I found it easier to walk in the sand with water shoes on than wearing sandals or going barefoot.  ymmv

When you check in at the Cabana Cove hut the staff will ask if you would like snorkel gear.

On our April 6th sailing on Anthem, we went to the Shore Excursion desk right after boarding to choose a Cabana Cove cabana and were told that cabanas were now being assigned based on reservation date.  I will assume that if a Star class guest reserved a cabana that they will still get to pick.

I can also confirm 4 bottles of water in a cooler are provided - plenty of ice in the cooler if you want to bring wine or other beverage that needs to be chilled.

NO roaming bar staff in this area - small bar in same covered area where the buffet was set up and every frozen drink order turned into a Coco Loco.

3 hours ago, ptod said:

were told that cabanas were now being assigned based on reservation date.

Reservation date as when you reserved your cabin, or you purchased the cabana?

I booked my cabana when I reserved back in Sept 2018.  I am sure there were others that probably booked out in 2017, and waited for a sale @ Black Friday, months after me..  Thus, in my scenario if I booked later than the other, but purchased prior to them,, where do I stand from priority?  Is it cabin reservations, or cabana reservation that is considered priority.

If it is the cabana date than I am really not concerned, but if it the cruise reservation, than I am going to be upset with the change.  

3 hours ago, ptod said:

There is no need for water shoes in the water at the cabana area, however, I found it easier to walk in the sand with water shoes on than wearing sandals or going barefoot.  ymmv

I agree with others, the sand is very fine., but than again I am a woman.  Walking in very fine sand is the best pedicure you can ever get.  My husband on the other hand prefers to wear sandals.   Just because it is one less thing to pack in our bags.

Has anyone been able to peak into the water park to see the progress?  I'm also wondering about the cabanas in the water park.  Any ideas if they will be similar to the ones at the Main pool or at the beach?

2 hours ago, Karahvacatimes said:

How/when do you chose a specific one?  

If it works the way it has in the past, you can go to the shore excursion desk when you first get on the ship and just tell them that you reserved a cabana and would like to choose which one you will be in. I’ve heard people say to wait until the rooms are open so that you can go up with the voucher/handout that will be left in the room for it but that’s not needed. Just give them your room number and they can look up all needed info. 

How do you pick a cabana that you have purchased? Online? On the ship? On CocoCay? Please let me know as I would like to pick as soon as possible. Rented a chill island cabana for $649.00 in 2020

37 minutes ago, Gary Donna P said:

How do you choose what cabana you want? We already reserved one for our upcoming trip in January. If I’m able to choose I’d like too?

I believe that you go to shore excursions as soon as you board and select one. Unless they change the procedure with the changes to CocoCay. 

Check with the shore excursions desk when you get on board to make sure there isn't an option to choose, but the reports I have seen is that they are being assigned first come, first serve based on reservations.  They may or may not honor a request for a specific cabana.