Drink Menu 2019

twangster

Anybody have an idea what the Drinks/beer menus look like sailing in Europe and the Mediterranean (i'm assuming these menus pictured were from a US sailing)?  Do they use US or EU liquors (some like Kraken are actually different)? I'm particularly interested what the beer options are as well?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 7:11 AM, Spang1974 said:

Anybody have an idea what the Drinks/beer menus look like sailing in Europe and the Mediterranean (i'm assuming these menus pictured were from a US sailing)?  Do they use US or EU liquors (some like Kraken are actually different)? I'm particularly interested what the beer options are as well?

Good question.  I have been wondering the same thing.  Will the drink menu and drinks of the days, stray from their normal tropical theme.  Judging from some of the cruise compasses online it looks like they are about the same.  But I will be on the Jewel Holy Land Cruise in less than a week and will find out myself.

2 hours ago, Goodburger said:

Can you use the unlimited beverage packedge at bars in speciality restaurants if your not eating there. Specifically hooked and wonderland (on symphony of the seas)

The oyster shooters and some of the cocktails sound interesting

Thank you

The oyster shooters may not be included at Hooked so be sure to ask..since it's a food/drink combo.  Wonderland's bar is separate from the dining area, so it's a great place to go and try special drinks.

Just off the navigator 11/1/19 and 16oz beers were $7.99 each plus gratuities. Glad I bought the package at the price I paid that was only 6 beers/day. I more then broke even with a few coffee drinks in the morning, a bottle of water here in there and occasional cocktail.  We were also pretty disappointed they done away with a lot of the specialty martinis like the cucumber and lychee to name a few. 
last RCI cruise on Brilliance I did not have the package but I remember the beers only being about $8.05 a piece with gratuity last January. 

F6413E5D-5D2A-4EA4-A5B3-0C3126F16DE8.jpeg

On 11/4/2019 at 11:08 PM, LSUWAG said:

Good question.  I have been wondering the same thing.  Will the drink menu and drinks of the days, stray from their normal tropical theme.  Judging from some of the cruise compasses online it looks like they are about the same.  But I will be on the Jewel Holy Land Cruise in less than a week and will find out myself.

I’m especially interested in the availability of Miller Lite and Fosters Oil cans and there “normal beer” choices. Would be sweet if you could give me a heads up when you get back to what the selections were like! Enjoy your cruise ? ?

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Sharla215 said:

What are the odds of getting your drink made with fresh lime/lemon and simple syrup? I'm not a huge fan of sour mixes. 

The plain simple syrup is available, but I haven't noticed lemon or lime juice.  Just the sliced fruits they use as garnish or to spread around the rim of a glass.  

On 12/17/2019 at 2:36 PM, Sharla215 said:

What are the odds of getting your drink made with fresh lime/lemon and simple syrup? I'm not a huge fan of sour mixes. 

10 hours ago, KathyC said:

The plain simple syrup is available, but I haven't noticed lemon or lime juice.  Just the sliced fruits they use as garnish or to spread around the rim of a glass.  

Agree, will be hard to find "just juice". If you're lucky, at a slow bar, and provide the right encouragement the bartender might muddle some fruit as a quick way to get some juice. Some bars might use already squeezed juice but it will be a hard find...

Will add on Mariner I was able to get the "muddled juice" method done at The Bamboo Room. It was very slow at the time with no one else was waiting for service. Results were mixed. Personally think muddling added too much of the bitterness found in the rind to come out.

On 12/17/2019 at 2:36 PM, Sharla215 said:

They only have this available on Mariner and Navigator in the Bamboo Room.. They make drinks with fresh lime juice.. 

• 2 weeks later...

A non alcohol question (sorry :)).  Wondering about ordering the 12 pack 1 ltr. bottled water but likely won't use it all and those size bottles are not convenient. On Symphony of the Seas, does anyone know how much it is to simply purchase a regular sized bottled water (still or carbonated)?

Also, if you don't have a coffee package or one or the packages that include coffee, do they serve regular and decaffeinated at meals in the dining room and Windjammers anymore?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, mrs.knip said:

can the classic drinks be made as mocktails for those with the refreshment package?

Pulled this from Royals website.  I added the bold lettering.

• Fountain soda and refills at any venue
  • Coca-Cola Freestyle beverages*
  • Coca-Cola souvenir cup
  • Non-alcoholic cocktails (mocktails)
  • Bottled still and sparkling water
  • Premium coffees and teas
  • Fresh-squeezed juices

On 1/12/2020 at 6:27 PM, mrs.knip said:

can the classic drinks be made as mocktails for those with the refreshment package?

it depends on the drink. My kids have found that if they ever ask for something on the alcoholic menu and just say 'but no alcohol' or the 'virgin version' they don't have much luck. many times bartenders say it's not worth making without alcohol as it would only be 2 things mixed instead of say 4. If I'm there to say 'but that's what they want' then the bartender will usually do it though. Maybe it's just that kids are treated differently.

We have found it's best to know the names of mocktails and order them by name. Here is the list of virgin cocktails or mocktails I have made for our upcoming cruise (and what should be in it):

• Miami Vice (1/2 pina colada / ½ strawberry daiquiri)

• Lava flow (banana, coconut, pineapple)

• Mango lava flow

• Strawberry lava flow

• Papaya lava flow/passion colada

• Bahama mama (pineapple, grapefruit, grenadine, cherries, sprite)

• Bloody mary (tomato)

• Pina colada

• Peach colada

• Mud slide (my kids love these as it's close to a chocolate milkshake - chocolate syrup with pina colada)

• POG (pineapple, orange, guava)

• Frozen strawberry daiquiri

• Frozen mango daquiri

• Papaya passion

• Love connection (1/3 pina colada, 1/3 mango/ 1/3 strawberry)

• Flavoured lemonades...can be frozen or over ice

• Pineapple blast

• Mango tango (1/2 pina / ½ mango)

• Arnold palmer (1/2 iced tea / ½ lemonde -  can be available frozen or over ice

• Virgin coco loco / labadoozie

• Mojito (can be frozen)

• Roy Rodgers (coke and grenadine)

• Atomic cat (OJ and tonic water)

• Singapore sling (lime, mango, pineapple and pomegranate juice, tonic) - this one bartenders sometimes say cannot be made without alcohol

• Mint julips (mint, lemon juice, ginger ale)

• Millionaire sour (sour, ginger ale, grenadine)

• Cherry bubblecake (cherry juice, simple syrup, lemonade)

• Pink cooler (grapefruit juice, lemon juice, simple syrup, club soda)

• Virgin rum punch

• Caribbean cooler (OJ, grenadine, sprite)

• Fuzzy navel (ginger ale, OJ, peach)

• Island fusion (pina colada, passion fruit, OJ)

• Lemon drop (sweet/sour mix, club soda, sugar)

• Purple haze (pineapple juice, passion fruit puree, granadine) - this one bartenders sometimes say cannot be made without alcohol

• Sparkling sombrero (lime juice, passion fruit, agave syrup, ginger ale

• Berry banana colada (banana, strawberry, pina colada, grenadine)

• Bora bora brew (pineapple juice, grenadine, ginger ale)

• Passion papaya crush (papaya and passion fruit, pineapple juice, sprite)

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Rhc said:

How often can I get a drink?

5, 10,15 minutes or more?

Welcome to the message boards!

Generally speaking they won't serve you a drink if you still some something left in your current drink.  If you don't like a drink or are willing to part with a drink slide it across the bar and ask for your next drink.  

What's not true? Every time we cruised we were told by the bartenders they can not scan your card  to soon , or it my result in a charge. We have cruised in the last 2 years as of last June.  We have had the drink package,  My husband and I would take turns using each others card, because he wanted to have a another drink or beer before time. He drinks faster than I do. ? You can get a water with your drink , but you can not order back to back drink until 15 minutes.  We were different ships. 

Just now, Ayanna said:

What's not true? Every time we cruised we were told by the bartenders they can not scan your card  to soon , or it my result in a charge. We have cruised in the last 2 years as of last June.  We have had the drink package,  My husband and I would take turns using each others card, because he wanted to have a another drink or beer before time. He drinks faster than I do. ? You can get a water with your drink , but you can not order back to back drink until 15 minutes.  We were different ships. 

Carnival has a process something like this but Royal Caribbean does not.  As Ashley said, if you already have a drink they will not get you another, but there is no time limit, either enforced or not enforced, on Royal Caribbean. I'm surprised that they would give you a drink with someone else's card.  They ARE usually very strict about that.

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Carnival has a process something like this but Royal Caribbean does not.  As Ashley said, if you already have a drink they will not get you another, but there is no time limit, either enforced or not enforced, on Royal Caribbean. I'm surprised that they would give you a drink with someone else's card.  They ARE usually very strict about that.

If we are both sitting at the bar why not. Maybe some bartenders are lenient. They will give a drink but they will not scan your card unti the required time. If the bartender knows you and you are a regular,  they will give a drink . That is  the rule 

Edited by Ayanna
error

8 hours ago, Ayanna said:

If we are both sitting at the bar why not. Maybe some bartenders are lenient. They will give a drink but they will not scan your card unti the required time. If the bartender knows you and you are a regular,  they will give a drink . That is  the rule 

Agree with @WAAAYTOOO, and don't think she's got her cruise lines mixed up. Been on multiple RC cruises. Never had/seen a time limit between drinks. At some bars, after getting my beer, I'm done before my wife gets her drink and I've been able to get second one right then, card scanned, no charge. And are you saying you use his card to get drinks for yourself and vice versa? Or are one of you using both cards at the same time to get drinks for both of you?