SuperStarian

Wow Bands vs SeaPass Card

We have used the Magic Bands at Disney and I will say that I agree with the above, they are comfy.

Hubby and kids like the WOW bands but I find them really stiff compared to the Magic band.  Because of that, I found that the band kept getting caught on things.  I am part of the "usually don't wear it" crowd.  

4 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Also don't understand the difficulty people have with pulling their Seapass cards out of their pockets. How much CRAP do you carry in your pockets that it's an issue?

To be fair, a lot of women’s clothing has nonexistent or non functional pockets. It’s a crime. And then if you were to ask me how much CRAP I have in my purse??? Weeeell, how much time do you have?? 😆

6 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Not interested in the WOW bands either - for the same reason I haven't worn a wristwatch since the early 1990s - just too uncomfortable (not to mention the risk of tan lines).

Also don't understand the difficulty people have with pulling their Seapass cards out of their pockets. How much CRAP do you carry in your pockets that it's an issue?

I always wear sundresses... Hate shorts... So no pockets!  But that's why I like lanyards.  Not being able to punch is a pain though!  Jane

7 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Right now Harmony and Symphony are on the no punch list for Oasis class. As @twangster mentioned Oasis is up in the air depending on what all is AMPED.

Other ships on the no punch list would be the entire Quantum class line up.

Right now I'm on allure so ok I think.  Maybe I will take a wristlet just in case.  Gives me an excuse to spend money on a Vera Bradley one!  Jane

16 hours ago, jurrjurr said:

I say do away with the cards altogether and implement access the rooms via app.  Hotels are already doing this.  Passengers who want the cards can still have one printed.  To save the dolphins right?

oh god..what a disaster that would be..if its based on anything that Royal does when it comes to functioning websites...lol

Not to mention....what if you don't have a smart phone....

Seapass cards all the way...for as long as possible please...

16 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We have used the Magic Bands at Disney and I will say that I agree with the above, they are comfy.

Hubby and kids like the WOW bands but I find them really stiff compared to the Magic band.  Because of that, I found that the band kept getting caught on things.  I am part of the "usually don't wear it" crowd.  

I have the opposite feeling. Magic Bands never fit right. The Magic Bands have that rigid part at the top of the band that never sits well on my wrist, whereas the band of a WOWband fits like any normal watch band would. WOWbands feel much better to me.

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

oh god..what a disaster that would be..if its based on anything that Royal does when it comes to functioning websites...lol

I'm sure this feature will not be available any time soon.  Money better spent on driving up revenue (WOW Bands).  They could soft launch to The Key guests first so they can work out the kinks and whatnot since VOOM is already included and safe to assume they own a smartphone.

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

Agreed, plus as a business traveler I've tried to use this feature at hotels and hate it.  Standing in front of the door, app open, door not.  Wait, wait, wait.  Bingo, door unlocked.  Each and every time.  30 seconds doesn't sound like a long time but when standing at the door, trying to get in, it seems like eternity.  Next stop, front desk to get a key card.  

I have a bluetooth enabled lock on my house and 50% of the time it works.  

Then there is the matter of my iPhone that mysteriously died one day.  Poof!  Completely dead out of the blue.  If that was my only means of access I would have been locked out in the cold.   

57 minutes ago, Matt said:

I have the opposite feeling. Magic Bands never fit right. The Magic Bands have that rigid part at the top of the band that never sits well on my wrist, whereas the band of a WOWband fits like any normal watch band would. WOWbands feel much better to me.

Matt - loves MDR, likes WOW bands, likes the cold

Me - hates MDR, not a fan of WOW bands, hates the cold

Can we still be friends? 😄

Just now, twangster said:

Agreed, plus as a business traveler I've tried to use this feature at hotels and hate it.  Standing in front of the door, app open, door not.  Wait, wait, wait.  Bingo, door unlocked.  Each and every time.  30 seconds doesn't sound like a long time but when standing at the door, trying to get in, it seems like eternity.  Next stop, front desk to get a key card.  

I have a bluetooth enabled lock on my house and 50% of the time it works.  

Then there is the matter of my iPhone that mysteriously died one day.  Poof!  Completely dead out of the blue.  If that was my only means of access I would have been locked out in the cold.   

Agree with @twangster on this, frequent business traveler myself, give me a card every time, hate trying to use my phone.

14 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

To be fair, a lot of women’s clothing has nonexistent or non functional pockets. It’s a crime. And then if you were to ask me how much CRAP I have in my purse??? Weeeell, how much time do you have?? 😆

It was guys mentioning difficulty getting it out of their pockets, which I just don't get.

Where there are no pockets - well that's a different story.

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

My attorney from @twangster, @twangster & @JLMoran advised me you cannot be trusted madam.

12 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I'm siding with you Sabrina!  HATE THE COLD!!!  Sorry Matt...you can't diss my magic bands...I have at least 15 of them lol!!!  Jane

On Harmony a couple weeks back...  My family thought that the WOW bands were not so great as we expected so we wouldn't get again unless they were excepted for everything!  They are perfect  for getting in your room if your hands are full (just put your wrist up to door lock) and yes you can purchase things on the ship with it.  But... you have to have your sea pass card to get on and off the ship AND they wanted the card when we went into the waterpark at coco cay too.

1 hour ago, RobinL said:

But... you have to have your sea pass card to get on and off the ship AND they wanted the card when we went into the waterpark at coco cay too.

I wonder if things have changed?!  We were on Harmony at CocoCay end of May, and had no problem entering the waterpark area multiple times with simply the Wow Band.  We did have the seapass cards in our bags just in case, but it was no problem for us with using only the Wow bands...

We will keep the sea pass cards. Thank you.  Never lost one in 20 plus years.   And the money saved allows us to get 3 specialty dinners and several cocktails.  They are a novelty and a waste of your money.  SAVE YOUR MONEY.