Royal Caribbean Blog

Hurricane Jose couldn't stop us from having fun on Grandeur

14 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

It really is one of the gems.  I thought you would say what you did, but wanted your opinion just in case and I take it you really like the Grandeur too? I like the size of the ship as well. I think I'm going to book 5 night again for July for our anniversary!

Thank you so very much!!

We absolutely love the ship .... for us -- it is absolutely perfect .... the kids are grown so we don't need a lot of those " bells & whistles" that the newer ships have, plus, we just love how you become part of a "family" of crew and passengers.  We've met so many great people, some of which we cruised with last year and will be cruising again with in the future.

To us, Grandeur is like the Goldilocks of ships --Not too big, Not too small ---Just right.

Mark

29 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

We absolutely love the ship .... for us -- it is absolutely perfect .... the kids are grown so we don't need a lot of those " bells & whistles" that the newer ships have, plus, we just love how you become part of a "family" of crew and passengers.  We've met so many great people, some of which we cruised with last year and will be cruising again with in the future.

To us, Grandeur is like the Goldilocks of ships --Not too big, Not too small ---Just right.

Mark

You just convinced me even more! We are like you, we don't need the bells and whistles either, we like to relax, read, have a few cocktails that's about it! Thanks so much Mark!!

Lorraine

46 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

Mark

I love Grandeur of the Seas. We are booked on the 9 day cruise in June 2018. We have been on the ship 10 times.

1 hour ago, coneyraven said:

Mark

I'm curious, since the kids are grown and you don't need those kid-friendly amenities -- have you considered trying out Celebrity or another line that caters more to (not necessarily older) couples and less to families? Or is Grandeur not only the Goldilocks of Royal's fleet for you, but is Royal itself your Goldilocks of cruise lines?

29 minutes ago, Sweety said:

I love Grandeur of the Seas. We are booked on the 9 day cruise in June 2018. We have been on the ship 10 times.

Wow!1 10 times!! Now I am more convinced we are doing the right thing.  It looks like just what we want and Baltimore is so close for us.  We are booked on 2 Celebrity Cruises in 2019, but wanted to add one more for 2018. I like just cruising, bermuda is just the added bonus. Thanks so much Sweety!!

Lorraine  

7 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I'm curious, since the kids are grown and you don't need those kid-friendly amenities -- have you considered trying out Celebrity or another line that caters more to (not necessarily older) couples and less to families? Or is Grandeur not only the Goldilocks of Royal's fleet for you, but is Royal itself your Goldilocks of cruise lines?

Good question ..... First of all, Celebrity doesn't go out of Baltimore (point goes to Grandeur) --- In all honesty, I never really gave Celebrity a thought.  I would be curious, perhaps, to get a book of itineraries in order to familiarize myself with them and their ships.  I think I'll order one.  Thanks for the idea.

43 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

Good question ..... First of all, Celebrity doesn't go out of Baltimore (point goes to Grandeur) --- In all honesty, I never really gave Celebrity a thought.  I would be curious, perhaps, to get a book of itineraries in order to familiarize myself with them and their ships.  I think I'll order one.  Thanks for the idea.

No problem. I've noticed that, at least for Mediterranean / Adriatic cruises, they seem to have some better offerings than what Royal has (either in terms of length or port selection). Not so sure about their US itineraries, as I haven't really looked. But I did notice that with Celebrity, Bermuda cruises seem to always be 7-night offerings instead of the more typical 5 that Royal offers. On the flip side, Celebrity's offerings for Scandinavia seem to pale in comparison to what Royal offers, at least with regard to Norway and especially Iceland offerings.

I'm considering a couple of those Mediterranean options myself for a 50th birthday trip; I'd like to bring the kids, though, and they'd have to be cool with being on a ship that doesn't cater to teens so much. Of course, those are really port-intensive trips and the lack of on-ship amenities for the younger set might not be as big a deal to them vs. being able to see those locations.

Bummer that Celebrity doesn't sail out of Baltimore. It's definitely a nice plus having a cruise port with offerings you want to take real close to your home!

1 hour ago, Boston Babe said:

Wow!1 10 times!! Now I am more convinced we are doing the right thing.  It looks like just what we want and Baltimore is so close for us.  We are booked on 2 Celebrity Cruises in 2019, but wanted to add one more for 2018. I like just cruising, bermuda is just the added bonus. Thanks so much Sweety!!

Lorraine  

You are welcome!!! June-Grandeur and December -Anthem