How Much Independence is Too Much? (with a Radiance prelude)

AshleyDillo

I made it onto the trolley...a full size suitcase is a bit big for the aisles so it has to sit on the seat with me. Honestly if I had the time and could handle my luggage I would 10/10 do this again for the cost savings. Bonus is I can fly in day of to Miami on the first out flight that gets me in at 7:30am and do the Metrorail/trolley combo to help kill the time.

20240427_105618.thumb.jpg.3bfefc1235d82bd7608cc7274cd3a8a5.jpg

Lots of confusion from lots of people on the trolley who didn't know where they were going or where to get off..then the driver only spoke Spanish and English and most of the folks on the trolley didn't really do either of those.

They only are running the green line on the weekends so everyone has to transfer. Usually you can grab an orange line and not have to transfer.

20240427_113248.thumb.jpg.b172477744f4fe93648749bf7d3fa015.jpg

On 4/24/2024 at 6:36 PM, AshleyDillo said:

Oh..I forgot to mention this last cruise but they did kick someone off the ship in Grand Turk and today on the Facebook group we got this explanation.

Screenshot_20240424_183438_Facebook.thumb.jpg.bf3e34ae32ce28f599809dd11241adba.jpg

I think YouTube knows I'm reading your blog. This popped on my feed today. So sad. For 2 bullets. Not even a firearm. And sadly there are others in this same situation. 

6 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

don't get me started on these feral creatures!!!!!!

THEY CAME FOR MY FOOD!!!!!

I posted this somewhere before but the wildlife on CocoCay is pretty crazy between the angry chickens, the dive bombing seagulls, the sharks in the snorkeling areas, and the big iguana that lives on the island in the middle of the Oasis pool, lol. At least the iguana is pretty chill and doesn't come after people.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Has anybody else noticed the recent total lack of seagulls on PDCC ?  When we were there the last 2 times, I never saw a single one !  I wonder if they’ve been “relocated” …

Yes. The seagulls used to be insane, swooping in and stealing my tacos but in Jan, all three times I went I only saw feral chickens. Maybe the seagulls only hang out at the clubs now, Hideaway or Beach. 

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Has anybody else noticed the recent total lack of seagulls on PDCC ?  When we were there the last 2 times, I never saw a single one !  I wonder if they’ve been “relocated” …

Not sure if it has to do with at Hideaway Beach they have a couple fake flying birds around. My wife told me that was to scare the seagulls away. 

On 4/30/2024 at 3:35 PM, Cactus527 said:

@AshleyDillo I'm really glad you posted about the trolley. I've thought about taking it before but wasn't sure how that would work with suitcases. Thanks for the info!

On my Lyft ride in I noticed some folks at the trolley stop in front of Bayside Marketplace with big suitcases obviously headed to the port so I assumed it was common.  The bus driver jumped up to help me with the luggage when he noticed, tho my stubbon, independent self is all yo, I got it. 

If it was a real transit bus it would probably be easier with the luggage but they have wooden trolley seats so the metal parts that bolt the seats down don't allow you to just pull your suitcase into the space between seats. It's only a couple steps up into the trolley. There's multiple trolley lines so you want to make sure you catch the Coral Way one.

For the cost savings it was worth the effort, especially if you have some time to kill.