Sky class drinks rip off - so stupid

Sky Suite guest. VERY Upset.

Included drinks are available to us from 11am to 11pm in the suite LOUNGE but NOT sitting on the suite sun deck next door. WHAT? I paid almost $12,000 for 2 people and a 2 year old and you make me walk - wet - to the lounge to get a glass of wine or charge me $15 at the pool bar that’s only 100 feet away? 

This is a TERRIBLE idea for Sky Level guests. Ugggg…what happened to common sense?

I feel like I’ve been bait and switched. This is a TERRIBLE idea for Sky Level guests.…

Tim

2 hours ago, Timmy333 said:

Sky Suite guest. VERY Upset.

Included drinks are available to us from 11am to 11pm in the suite LOUNGE but NOT sitting on the suite sun deck next door. WHAT? I paid almost $12,000 for 2 people and a 2 year old and you make me walk - wet - to the lounge to get a glass of wine or charge me $15 at the pool bar that’s only 100 feet away? 

This is a TERRIBLE idea for Sky Level guests. Ugggg…what happened to common sense?

I feel like I’ve been bait and switched. This is a TERRIBLE idea for Sky Level guests.…

Tim

While I see your point, that's not at all an example of bait and switch.  Royal advertises that you get free drinks in the lounge.  You got free drinks in the lounge.  Believing or assuming you should also get free drinks anywhere else is on you.

Hmm, its an interest point though.  Based on the location of the sun deck I assume this is wonder? Does seem particularly silly there, if only for basic common sense with maintaining the lounge.  Oasis sun deck is a ship-length away from the lounge so I can sort of see the issues there. The 11-11 drinks are only beer and wine, it cant make that much of a difference revenue-wise.  Besides every time Ive gone the sun deck has been pretty empty because its not exactly an ideal location.  I suppose on Wonder people would never leave if there were free drinks...

6 hours ago, twangster said:

At least you get Sky Class drinks in the lounge from 11am to 11pm on select ships.  Not so all ships. 

Another makes-no-sense approach to the Royal Suite class program.    

Agreed - I was on Serenade and only got free drinks from 5-8P...now I'm not going to say that I drank modestly on that 12-night sailing but I could have done a lot more damage than just the two bottles of Bulleit I killed solo in that lounge before our dinner seating time 🤣

It almost made the drink package not worth buying even with that limited time 😁

50 minutes ago, dmattinson said:

Agreed - I was on Serenade and only got free drinks from 5-8P...now I'm not going to say that I drank modestly on that 12-night sailing but I could have done a lot more damage than just the two bottles of Bulleit I killed solo in that lounge before our dinner seating time 🤣

It almost made the drink package not worth buying even with that limited time 😁

Agreed. The suite lounge on jewel was unbelievably good. We didn’t get the drink package that cruise and it wasn’t even close to an issue with that lounge happy hour.