10 drink card on Wonder of the Seas

Srp431

1 hour ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

Haven't seen that since 2020! Interesting its back. I wonder if that means less people are paying the ridiculous drink package prices.

If I were a gambler, I'd put all my chips on YES!!! as the answer to the question.

I'm thinking the add-ons such as drinks and specialty dining might be suffering the effect of the fare hikes. Last trip out on Mariner in November, there were employees of Jamie's and Chops making the rounds of the Windjammer soliciting individual night reservations. Kinda like the spa employees that all but do open field tackles of passengers in the corridor outside the spa entrance hawking treatments.

3 hours ago, Geezer Of The Seas said:

thinking the add-ons such as drinks and specialty dining might be suffering the effect of the fare hikes.

Last trip out on Mariner in November, there were employees of Jamie's and Chops making the rounds of the Windjammer soliciting individual night reservations.

Wonder this morning day 5 at breakfast in Windjammer we were offer dinner at Mason jar as buy at 50% off.  When I mentioned so just like my Pinnacle BOGO, she offer to let me use my BOGO at 50% off the 1st full price meal and 2nd one still free.

Bummer because we are traveling with family and they are very picky eater and are not interested in the menu at all.  Just my luck.  Yes we are not going to abandon them.

Due to the elevated prices of cruise fare and drink packages, I think from now on my wife and I will start buying drinks a la carte or a 10 drink card. Our Wonder cruise in a few weeks will likely be our last drink package splurge($1,288), I booked it months ago and I’m not canceling. 

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

Please keep in mind that the 10-drink card is no guarantee, it can and will show up when they feel like it. 

Sage advice above!

I have never sailed with Virgin but I like the way the drink program works in theory. I wish Royal would presell the 10 drink card in the planner as well as offered the packages. 

While I can't see Royal cannibalizing DBP sales by offering a 10 punch, any drink card in the cruise planner, I could see them offering a 10 punch card good on glasses of beer and wine up to $10-11 each for around $60 ("SAVE UP TO 45% ON BEER AND WINE BY THE GLASS!") People who want cocktails will skip it, people who were wanting a beer and wine package will consider it, and light drinkers might bite since they don't know how much they'll actually drink aboard and don't want to commit the money to the full DBP (among a multitude of groups).

1 hour ago, Rackham said:

While I can't see Royal cannibalizing DBP sales by offering a 10 punch, any drink card in the cruise planner......

I'm still gnawing on Ampurp85's "now you see it, now you don't" observation. It suggests to me this card appears when drink package reservations and/or a la carte sales are in the crapper on a given trip and it's one of those revenue management tools to be used in case of emergency.................🤔