Hands

1 hour ago, FManke said:

Where do they play said video? On your cabin tv?

It really depends on the ship. On the Radiance class, you'll likely only see it on your stateroom TV, which will be on when you enter the cabin. However, on larger ships, like the Oasis class, they play it on the video monitors in the various indoor muster venues. On Radiance class ships, you muster outside, so there are no monitors for them to play this on, so you're safe.

My wife just reminded me of something we saw on Navigator a couple years ago. A guy walking into the Windjammer refused to use the antibacterial dispenser. A crew member very nicely asked him a second time to please wash in which he rudely replied "no". Not 3 minutes later I watched as the same jerk reached in and grabbed some french fries with his bare hands. I brought it to the attention of another crew member and they quickly removed the fries. 

3 hours ago, Wilson said:

I actually did a scope on our recent Harmony cruise. The "wash your hands" video got stuck on a loop and went on and on for what seemed like hours. It stopped shortly after I started the scope.

Over and over... almost as bad as when my husband got caught just short of the door on the "It's a small world " ride.  Jane

Guest toodle68

It truly amazes me how many people do not wash their hands or refuse to use the antibacterial soap at the entrances. That they have to put someone in the middle of the entrance and almost force it into peoples hands is disappointing. When there is no crew member there, approx half just walk in.  One of the crew told us that one guy refused and they had security come up and threaten to remove him at the next port. Why, in 2017, is this still a thing..   

2 hours ago, toodle68 said:

It truly amazes me how many people do not wash their hands or refuse to use the antibacterial soap at the entrances. That they have to put someone in the middle of the entrance and almost force it into peoples hands is disappointing. When there is no crew member there, approx half just walk in.  One of the crew told us that one guy refused and they had security come up and threaten to remove him at the next port. Why, in 2017, is this still a thing..   

True, but it works. I've mentioned this on another thread. I was recently in the Caribbean Princess in Europe and they just spent millions refurbishing the ship. One of the things they added were very nice hand washing stations at every entrance to the buffet. Yet, with no one there to police hand washing, they went unused. Beyond my family, I don't think I saw more than a dozen people wash their hands in the course of an 11 night cruise. 

2 hours ago, toodle68 said:

It truly amazes me how many people do not wash their hands or refuse to use the antibacterial soap at the entrances. That they have to put someone in the middle of the entrance and almost force it into peoples hands is disappointing.

Totally agree. I see it all the time.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:40 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

POPULAR crowd !  ...if memory serves....

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:46 AM, BrianAlt said:

MAYBE you can JOIN the POPULAR crowd!

Sorry guys....I only watched it once so far! And I haven't even cruised yet! :1_grinning:

I am highly allergic to the hand wash sanitizer that the ships use. It actually causes my hands to crack open and bleed because of the amount of alcohol and other ingredients in the sanitizer. If they have a hand wash station, I will stop and wash but if not I wash at the closest rest room to the restaurant. I also carry all natural hand wipes from Amazon (no alcohol) that help.

Unfortunately I will be one of those passengers you will be pointing at and talking about because I don't use the sanitizer.

Sorry, not my fault.

Candie

4 hours ago, firegal2539 said:

I am highly allergic to the hand wash sanitizer that the ships use. It actually causes my hands to crack open and bleed because of the amount of alcohol and other ingredients in the sanitizer. If they have a hand wash station, I will stop and wash but if not I wash at the closest rest room to the restaurant. I also carry all natural hand wipes from Amazon (no alcohol) that help.

Unfortunately I will be one of those passengers you will be pointing at and talking about because I don't use the sanitizer.

Sorry, not my fault.

Candie

My husband has the same problem. I can only buy all natural lotions also. Can you tell me the name of the hand sanitizer you buy? I'd like to get him some.

5 hours ago, firegal2539 said:

Sorry, not my fault.

Candie

I've done this as well. Hand washing is far superior to the sanitizer, which I won't use if I've just washed my hands. In addition, the sanitizers aren't a substitute or as effective as hand washing at killing gems. 

Guest toodle68

Ultimately, there is just no way to trust 3000 - 6000 people to do the right thing.  Five minutes in any men's public bathroom will show you you're fighting a losing battle.  All you can do is increase your own vigilance.  

maybe they should treat this issue like smokers and non-smokers.....lol

I don't want to be around and eat and use the same utensils as people that are dirty and just wiped themselves and refuse to wash their hands........

Maybe we need 2 buffets....one for hand washers and one for non-hand washers to try and make everyone happy....:3_grin:

Ok, so I am going a little far with it.....but these days nothing would surprise me...

I've actually taken disposable gloves with me on cruises after seeing someone else do this on a previous cruise. I've only used them a couple of times, usually when there's not a convenient place to wash my hands after serving from the common utensils.

• 3 weeks later...

hallyluhopper,

Sorry haven't been on the blog in about two weeks. I use the Honest Company Aloe Vera or Orange hand sanitizer. It is pretty expensive. Here is the information about it. I think it is $6.50 a small bottle. It is a spray bottle and doesn't need to be washed off after spraying.

Candie

About the product

• Effectively kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria
  • Soothing botanicals help reduce drying, redness and chapping
  • No rinsing required — use anywhere, anytime
  • Quick drying gel is safe and effective for the whole family
  • Leaves skin soft, moisturized and germ-free