Black Friday credit card charges DISAPPEARED !!!

Vlad

I canceled and rebooked a lot on the cruise planner. Within 3 days I received refunds. Now all the pending charges for the rebooked items are gone from my Visa, neither shown as pending or posted transactions. When I log into RC all my purchases look good and still say reserved. Should I ask the credit card company what’s happening, or is this normal?

13 minutes ago, Starrynight0154 said:

I canceled and rebooked a lot on the cruise planner. Within 3 days I received refunds. Now all the pending charges for the rebooked items are gone from my Visa, neither shown as pending or posted transactions. When I log into RC all my purchases look good and still say reserved. Should I ask the credit card company what’s happening, or is this normal?

Hi, I've just posted about same thing before you. 

I didn't rebooked anything, just straight purchases of excursions when they were just released on the 8th. Two separate orders for different cruises. 

Both disappeared about 3 days or so from credit card. And just like you've said, all showing up reserved and all good. Not sure what to do either. Don't want to cancel and make a whole mess out of it. It's not about the money at all, just want to make sure I have reservations. 

17 minutes ago, Starrynight0154 said:

Most probably, credit card will say it's up to the merchant, since not all authorized transactions get processed. 

I'm in the same boat. 

Wondering if it was problems on 1st day. 

When did you make this purchases? 

Are they all same cruise?

1 credit card transaction or multiple? 

23 minutes ago, Starrynight0154 said:

One credit card when the sales began a few days ago. Multiple cruises. Guess I’ll wait a few more days. RC better honor the prices I got and not make me repurchase anything!

When did you purchased it all?

How many days passed already? 

Maybe try to call Royal, don't say all of this, as may end up with double charges or worse, 

Just ask to confirm whether reservations went through, can ask for a copy of confirmation email, like you haven't received it or something. 

• Vlad changed the title to Black Friday credit card charges DISAPPEARED !!!
2 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Same here... the credits for a cancelled cruise planner item that I repurchased on 11/8/23 posted the next day on my statement, but none of my purchases from 11/8/23 are showing on my credit card account. Always some "issue" around these BF/CM sales!

Hopefully, they will go through, and reservations won't be canceled. 

This never happened to me before 

What you need to worry about isn't that your excursions will be cancelled, it's that your entire cruise will be cancelled.  I don't want to panic anyone, but I've read about this type of thing here in the past and what happened was that the excursion amount was shown as a balance due on the cruise and then the cruise cancelled for not being paid in full on the required date.

I would be proactive here and contact them, maybe record the call or at least get it in writing when they tell you everything is ok.

1 minute ago, Xaa said:

What you need to worry about isn't that your excursions will be cancelled, it's that your entire cruise will be cancelled.  I don't want to panic anyone, but I've read about this type of thing here in the past and what happened was that the excursion amount was shown as a balance due on the cruise and then the cruise cancelled for not being paid in full on the required date.

I would be proactive here and contact them, maybe record the call or at least get it in writing when they tell you everything is ok.

In my case that impossible, since cruise purchase through travel agent / company. And all payments go through travel agency, not directly. So no direct connection with cruise balance / price exists in the system. 

1 minute ago, Starrynight0154 said:

I believe 11/9 I made the purchases. Since multiple people are complaining about this issue, looks like it’s an issue on RC’s end. Hesitating to call because it might get screwed up worse. 

Maybe, through forum search, noticed that same thing happened 2 yrs ago. Also during black Friday sale. 

But like I've said, if you do call, just for information, ask to check on the purchase and a copy of confirmation sent to email. No changes or any other details... 

17 minutes ago, Shari said:

I cancelled and rebooked on the first day of the sale and mine repurchase is not on my credit card but everything still shows in my Calendar and for the new times.  I will just wait and see a few more days.  My cruise is in less than 2 weeks.

Same here... Please keep us informed. 

Noticed this in my account with some purchases from last week, but it also happened to me just a couple months ago. I did call that time and they did confirm that everything was fine, showing up as purchased. The charges reappeared a couple of days later in the posted section of my credit card with the original dates listed. I think it's a weird but try-not-to-worry thing.

2 hours ago, Vlad said:

In my case that impossible, since cruise purchase through travel agent / company. And all payments go through travel agency, not directly. So no direct connection with cruise balance / price exists in the system. 

It's possible.  Be careful and get out in front of this.  Search for threads where the user states RC Cancelled their cruise.  I think you'll see very similar circumstances and some with the presence of a TA.

4 minutes ago, Xaa said:

It's possible.  Be careful and get out in front of this.  Search for threads where the user states RC Cancelled their cruise.  I think you'll see very similar circumstances and some with the presence of a TA.

I think I've read about what you talking about, but with TA it's completely separate. Maybe you don't understand the system. Cruise itself have nothing to do with any other things. Even if I'll want to, I can't pay for cruise direct to Royal. Royal won't even acknowledge how much or balance. They have no clue what travel agency sold it for. 

2 hours ago, Vlad said:

If your travel agent is charging your card for your fare and not Royal directly, that’s a whole different concern.  

3 hours ago, Xaa said:

Me. This happened to me.  30 days prior to sailing (after final payment date) because of an issue with a cruise planner issue (everything was paid on my end - something was weird with their system).  It was super fun.

7 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

If your travel agent is charging your card for your fare and not Royal directly, that’s a whole different concern.  

^^^THIS BIG TIME^^^

Any credible TA should not be charging you directly. The charges should show up as Royal Caribbean on your credit card. This is a whole other shady issue....yikes.

This thread has prompted me to check my credit card this morning. I re-priced and also bought some stuff last week on several sailings. Happy to report that all my charges show up, and refunds are all there as well except one. But I just refunded that one Monday so that might take another few days.

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

^^^THIS BIG TIME^^^

Any credible TA should not be charging you directly. The charges should show up as Royal Caribbean on your credit card. This is a whole other shady issue....yikes.

Agreed.  I don't believe they are allowed to just pick the fare that they want to charge. 

Just now, SpeedNoodles said:

I don't believe they are allowed to just pick the fare that they want to charge. 

If they are, and some out there do that, it's very shady math. All is well when things are smooth sailing, but if you run into any issues with that particular sailing, like FCC, cancellations, etc. you are in big trouble with a TA with does shady math. Been there, done that, never care to repeat. Sorry to hijack this thread topic.

This thread has prompted me to check my credit card this morning. I re-priced and also bought some stuff last week on several sailings. Happy to report that all my charges show up, and refunds are all there as well except one. But I just refunded that one Monday so that might take another few days.

When did you purchased it? 

Looks like the problem was right when sales started, 1st day. 

Since my other order 3 days later, isn't a problem 

The bulk of it (except one VOOM purchase), I purchased and re-priced all on the night of November 8th.

Yes, that's what I've thought... 

Same here, evening on the 8th

Hopefully, it will sort out by itself. Can't do much. Since all showing up as booked and paid in the Royal Caribbean system. 

7 hours ago, Vlad said:

I've purchased excursions for 2 different cruises on November 8th. Right when it started. 

And they all disappeared from credit card. Charges were authorized, then didn't go through. 

We have a Visa issued by Chase. What you're describing happens to us with some degree of frequency with any type of purchase. Posts to the credit card today, gone tomorrow, returns a day or two later. My wife watches financial activity like a hawk since we've been victims of a lot of funny business over the last 6 years to the point both of us pretty much have eternal free credit monitoring from a variety of companies. If Cruise Planner is showing your purchases ordered/paid, check the card activity daily. They will likely reappear.  Alternatively, call the card issuer's customer service. If you don't have a transaction #, provide them with date of purchase, amount, and merchant name. That should be sufficient for them to track it down. As long as the excursions didn't vanish from Cruise Planner, you're still good on Royal's end and it's likely a card issuer faux pax. Chase has never explained why this happens beyond "it sometimes happens".

9 minutes ago, Geezer Of The Seas said:

We have a Visa issued by Chase. What you're describing happens to us with some degree of frequency with any type of purchase. Posts to the credit card today, gone tomorrow, returns a day or two later. My wife watches financial activity like a hawk since we've been victims of a lot of funny business over the last 6 years to the point both of us pretty much have eternal free credit monitoring from a variety of companies. If Cruise Planner is showing your purchases ordered/paid, check the card activity daily. They will likely reappear.  Alternatively, call the card issuer's customer service. If you don't have a transaction #, provide them with date of purchase, amount, and merchant name. That should be sufficient for them to track it down. As long as the excursions didn't vanish from Cruise Planner, you're still good on Royal's end and it's likely a card issuer faux pax. Chase has never explained why this happens beyond "it sometimes happens".

Actually my card is Amazon, but it's issued by Chase. 

Bought on the 8th, was pending for like 3-4 days. Then disappeared. Now it's 7th day, still nothing 

But thanks for your reply. Hopefully all is good. 

2 hours ago, Vlad said:

The problem is with the 8th of November 

I too am missing transactions (2) from the first day and may not have noticed. Thank you everyone for the heads up on this so we can get on top of it and hopefully not have the experience that @SpeedNoodles had!

5 hours ago, Vlad said:

Maybe, through forum search, noticed that same thing happened 2 yrs ago. Also during black Friday sale. 

But like I've said, if you do call, just for information, ask to check on the purchase and a copy of confirmation sent to email. No changes or any other details... 

I didn't participate in the BF sale 2 years ago (but great memory @Vlad!) but this is a different problem than I had last year. Last year, I had a gazillion "pending" charges that never went through. This time, nothing is pending, they are just either there or not there. I do already have the confirmation emails on both of my missing charges already (plus the order showing in the planner). I might go ahead and call if they don't show up in the next day or so. 

2 hours ago, Geezer Of The Seas said:

We have a Visa issued by Chase. 

Huh. Mine is also Chase.

5 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

I too am missing transactions (2) from the first day and may not have noticed. Thank you everyone for the heads up on this so we can get on top of it and hopefully not have the experience that @SpeedNoodles had!

I didn't participate in the BF sale 2 years ago (but great memory @Vlad!) but this is a different problem than I had last year. Last year, I had a gazillion "pending" charges that never went through. This time, nothing is pending, they are just either there or not there. I do already have the confirmation emails on both of my missing charges already (plus the order showing in the planner). I might go ahead and call if they don't show up in the next day or so. 

Huh. Mine is also Chase.

I've heard about last, year, but for me it was OK. 

If you read my initial post. My charges were pending. Then disappeared. Because pending charges, depending on your card/bank, either get fully processed or they get released back to your available balance. Usually in like 3-4 days. But some saying this is sort of normal, and should come back to the card as a charge shortly. According to what I see on my account it's all booked. Can't even reserve anything on that time slot, Royal's system saying and showing that I already have another booked excursion. 

10 hours ago, Vlad said:

And they all disappeared from credit card. Charges were authorized, then didn't go through. 

But all listed as booked in purchase history. 

Did same happened to anyone? 

Afraid that they will be canceled down the road. 

Yes, the same with me except my credit card still shows my purchases as pending and "temporary transactions."  The problem seems to be on November 8th.  My purchases after the 8th have all posted.

6 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

Yes, the same with me except my credit card still shows my purchases as pending and "temporary transactions."  The problem seems to be on November 8th.  My purchases after the 8th have all posted.

Exactly, I've made another small purchase on 11th, cleared on 15th, today. 

8 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Exactly, I've made another small purchase on 11th, cleared on 15th, today. 

As long as cruise planner still shows my items in my purchase history ... I'm not too worried.  Maybe I should be worried ... However, if the temporary authorizations disappear but my purchase history stays the same ... I will be glad.  I don't know how to feel about it yet.

I got an email confirming my purchase.