Insects in stateroom?

BlueSeas4Me

22 minutes ago, BlueSeas4Me said:

Good morning! We’re on the Allure this week, and found a creepy bug in the room. First time to see an insect in the cabin in 8 years of cruising. My husband said it was an earwig. 
is this normal? Should I report it to someone?

Is it normal that a random bug can find its way onto a ship? I don't see why not. Pretty sure I've seen flying insects on deck while docked before.

I would have killed it and gone on with my cruise without a second thought but that's just me. It's not like you found a pile of ants or some sort of infestation.

If you're concerned, by all means, tell guest services or your stateroom attendant or whomever.

58 minutes ago, BlueSeas4Me said:

Good morning! We’re on the Allure this week, and found a creepy bug in the room. First time to see an insect in the cabin in 8 years of cruising. My husband said it was an earwig. 
is this normal? Should I report it to someone?

Earwigs like to feed on plants, so it's very possible it just made it's way from Central park. 

4 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

Bugs fly in from open balconies, the whole top of the ship is open to the air, bugs hitch rides on passengers coming into the ship and bugs come onboard even sometimes on the food that is loaded on board. Bugs are on EVERY ship ALL of the time. It would be ludicrous not to think there would be

The saying "I'd love to be a fly on the wall" never rang truer....here we are, paying for cruise fare, port fees and passports, and meanwhile, these little jokers hopping a ride on an incoming carton of limes...for the free. 

We were on a ship during Love Bug season in FL, and lovebugs were virtually everywhere! Staterooms, halls, dining area, pool deck was covered, it was the wildest thing. The crews were washing the decks and vacuuming inside everywhere to get them up. They hitched rides on everyone's clothes and flew in the doors, and then the checked bags were in our rooms after sitting at the port for x hours, so obviously they brought them into the room too. It was the craziest scene. But RCCL crew took care of it and by SailAWay you had no clue the massacres that took place. 🪰🤺

1 hour ago, BlueSeas4Me said:

Looking back over this today, it appears that some are taking the bug comment the wrong way. 

I was simply asking if the ship would like to know about it. As I would if a guest found a bug in my home. 

I love bugs! I relocate them to my backyard if I can catch them. 🙂 

A single bug?  Probably not. An infestation of bugs? I'm sure RC would want to know.