Best times to look for a stormy cruise?

Archarial

I tend to prefer a rainy, overcast day over a sunny day in general. So when I booked our cruise out of NJ in the middle of hurricane season, I had high hopes of hitting a bit of rainy weather along our route. Unfortunately, that has not been the case and it has been nothing but sunshine this week... 😞

Our next cruise won't be until next October on the Icon and I'm carrying similar hopes to that sailing as well, but I was wondering if the more experienced cruisers out there might have some personal experience on when I might be able to book a week or so with a higher chance of some stormage! Thanks!

Not gonna lie, we sail in 2 weeks and I'm hoping for at least one dreary\rainy day. Preferably when we are at Sea, I love sitting on the deck or balcony and watching a storm. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of super sunny days, so overcast is just fine with me most of the days. We sailed a few years back and we were like a day ahead of a hurricane, at night you could see the whole sky blinking miles away and it was so cool. 

I was on Liberty out of New Jersey from 8/24-9/2. Canada New England cruise for 9 days. I picked August because I was hoping it would be warm especially in the great white North. I don't think any sea day was ever above 70° and they all were rainy and foggy. The ships foghorn was going off for 2 days straight. At least the port days were very nice weather wise but still not all that warm. You just picked the wrong week. Lol