Need Help with Royal Math and D+ Benefits

Va4fam

Mrs. @Va4fam and I will be on 11 night Anthem cruise in January.   We are both D+.   She typically gets the internet package and I use her login once or twice a day.

Current Labor Day sale for internet s $19.99 per day which equals $240 before taxes.

Do I remember correctly that D+ get 2 free days each cruise?   Wouldn't it make more sense to share our D + days, pay a la carte for 7 days of internet at $26.99 for a total of $189 before taxes?   $51 savings....Are my calculations correct? 

Having same thoughts about the 3 night dining package?  D+ gets a BOGO speciality dining meal but the a la carte pricing is much higher.   Is Chops + 1 still a thing, not seeing it on the dining options.  

Math is a little off. The onboard price of internet is $29.99. So, you would get the 4 days and pay 7*29.99 for $209.93. Making it a $31 savings. 

I have not seen Chop+1 since earlier this year, it is not offered on any of my sailings from Oct-Feb 2024. The 3N package would be great and you could potentially also take advantage of the D+ BOGO, giving you 5N of specialty dining for the cost of less than 3 if you had purchased a la carte. 

4 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Math is a little off. The onboard price of internet is $29.99. So, you would get the 4 days and pay 7*29.99 for $209.93. Making it a $31 savings. 

I have not seen Chop+1 since earlier this year, it is not offered on any of my sailings from Oct-Feb 2024. The 3N package would be great and you could potentially also take advantage of the D+ BOGO, giving you 5N of specialty dining for the cost of less than 3 if you had purchased a la carte. 

I was using the regular cruise planner pricing which is typically less than the onboard price.  Good catch. 

2 hours ago, Mike6453 said:

to add, Anthem while a nice ship is not known for their specialty dinning options. if you are not going to go places more than once this may affect your decision in purchasing a package or just trying the D+ BOGO. The ship has Chops, wonderland, izumi and jamies italian.

Agreed.   Part of the reason we were looking at the BOGO and Chops +1 is the price and lack of options.

1 hour ago, Va4fam said:

Agreed.   Part of the reason we were looking at the BOGO and Chops +1 is the price and lack of options.

i have five cruises booked of the four i can check (odyssey, wonder, liberty, anthem) only liberty showed chops +1 for $99, this is a five night cruise to bermuda out of cape liberty. 

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

The “standard sale price” varies by ship. Wonder goes from $20.99 to $19.99 every sale (including the current Labor Day sale).

We are in the same "boat" with pricing....$20.99 went down to $19.99 with the latest sale.  May just hold off and see if Black Friday deals are any better.

We can save another $30 if we skip first night of internet since signal will be strong for a while after leaving Bayonne.

@Psycho and Barb and @Mike n Ky.....thanks for sharing about Chops +1.   Good to know it's still being offerred.

Maybe 142 days is too far away for Royal to offer it?   Anyone know?

Black Friday last year had internet prices for $13.99 a day.....but $20.99 is best I've seen for this cruise.  

Maybe they should bring back the $19.99 Key!   The Labor Day sale reduced it from $42.99 to $31.99.   No bueno.  

1 hour ago, Va4fam said:

@Psycho and Barb and @Mike n Ky.....thanks for sharing about Chops +1.   Good to know it's still being offerred.

Maybe 142 days is too far away for Royal to offer it?   Anyone know?

Black Friday last year had internet prices for $13.99 a day.....but $20.99 is best I've seen for this cruise.  

Maybe they should bring back the $19.99 Key!   The Labor Day sale reduced it from $42.99 to $31.99.   No bueno.  

I checked this morning on the internet price for our Symphony cruise in January...price compared it to our booking the net package during black Friday...it's over $100 more on the Labor Day Sale....so...we are waiting till November to book 2024 extras. I doubt we will get the same price then as we did for 2023 cruises but betting it will be better than it is now.