Sushi Class

Btcruiser

My daughter (age 11) and I did it this past summer. We both had a blast, as did everyone sitting around us. You get the class, *and* the food, so it is definitely a good value. The only drawback is that you can't take any leftovers with you since there is raw fish in the food.

I did this class on Quantum with my family last month. We was very fun and is a lot is food. There were many people passing by who were asking about how to enroll for the class. Too bad it had been sold out for months prior to sailing. Just book it if it’s available and don’t worry about the details. Ii 100% promise you will enjoy it

• 2 months later...

hello.  I’m resurrecting this post because my daughter is looking for some info.  She would like to book this class for herself and her 2 sons.  Her cruise is on the Symphony in May. 

Her questions are

• do they make sweet potato rolls? (My grandsons’ favorite)
  • is all the fish cooked?  (None of the like raw fish)
  • if someone is allergic to avocado…can they do this class?

I am hoping someone will be able to provide answers to this.
Thanks in advance!

Time to be a bit contrarian but as an Asian, a lot of the sushi class was stuff we learned as kids haha. So if you are Asian adult maybe you could give this a miss.

That said if you have kids its a really fun experience.

19 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

hello.  I’m resurrecting this post because my daughter is looking for some info.  She would like to book this class for herself and her 2 sons.  Her cruise is on the Symphony in May. 

Her questions are

Thanks in advance!

I dont remember there being sweet potato rolls

The only raw fish was spicy tuna i think

They did have avocado but you can request when you book to remove the avocado

We loved the class as well - a lot of food and fun hats too!  We didn't have sweet potato rolls but did have shrimp in one of our rolls; which was definitely cooked. I think all the ingredients/add-ons were optional so if someone is allergic to something just notify the restaurant in advance and they can probably make sure that your ingredients don't touch what you're allergic to. I would book the class in the cruise planner then cancel on-board if they can't accommodate the allergies. Our class sold out fast! I hope they get to do it!

On 11/13/2023 at 9:20 AM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Her questions are

Thanks in advance!

Been eating sushi for decades and never heard of a sweet potato roll before, but is not taught in the class and isn’t an order option to eat. Is that a southern thing? Only the shrimp is cooked. All fish is raw….sushi! You can omit the avocado if you want. People around you will have it, but feel free to omit if allergic.

Actually I’m in Rhode Island…and I don’t eat sushi!  lol   The class will be for my grandsons.  I can’t get past the Nori (yuck) but if they could give me rice paper in place of the nori then I would try at least the shrimp tempura one!

My daughter gets the boys sweet potato rolls at an Asian place near her house.  Also Dave’s Market sells it along with lots of regular sushi 🍣 rolls.

Thanks everyone for your responses…appreciate it!