Contact Royal Caribbean about this charging for pizza

15 hours ago, Arlene Waters said:

They say that they will not be charging for pizza but they are certainly charging for a$2.50 for an incredibly small box of popcorn on Symphony of the Seas  Really, like they don’t make enough money from the amount they charge for a single sailor supplemy  

I was surprised they even serve popcorn as it tends to be something that can get all over the place like in a movie theater.

On 8/16/2023 at 3:45 PM, bobroo said:

My honest opinion? Their thought is not to charge for Sorrento's, but rather; they are asking "would passengers pay for pizza?" Meaning: on a new vessel instead of Sorrento's, they just have a venue with a different name say... Luigi's Pizza.  It will be sit down and you order a 10" personalized pizza from a bunch of ingredients.

I think this has potential..think Giovannis Kitchen style pizzas. They're already adding a take-out (for $$) sushi window to Icon..I could see them doing a take out fancy pants pizza window that piggybacked a sit down restaurant. 

I also think they could get away with charging for pizza delivery for anywhere on the ship via the app. I would imagine people would be willing to order food poolside and have it delivered for a fee, even if it's offered free elsewhere. At home people foot the upcharges for food delivery all the time (think UberEats or DoorDash). I even thought they were even headed that way at one point with the app.

35 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I think this has potential..think Giovannis Kitchen style pizzas. They're already adding a take-out (for $$) sushi window to Icon..I could see them doing a take out fancy pants pizza window that piggybacked a sit down restaurant. 

I also think they could get away with charging for pizza delivery for anywhere on the ship via the app. I would imagine people would be willing to order food poolside and have it delivered for a fee, even if it's offered free elsewhere. At home people foot the upcharges for food delivery all the time (think UberEats or DoorDash). I even thought they were even headed that way at one point with the app.

I would pay for food delivery for sure. When you have younger kids at the pool it would be much easier to pay to have a decent pizza delivered direct to a lounge chair. I would pay double for Starbucks delivery. There are so many untapped revenue streams that RC needs to jump on w/o having any impact to the free offerings. I also really would like to resolve the chair hog issue once and for all. Forget about charging for pizza, how does RC keep the hogs from taking every chair on the deck? 

58 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I would pay for food delivery for sure. When you have younger kids at the pool it would be much easier to pay to have a decent pizza delivered direct to a lounge chair. I would pay double for Starbucks delivery. There are so many untapped revenue streams that RC needs to jump on w/o having any impact to the free offerings. I also really would like to resolve the chair hog issue once and for all. Forget about charging for pizza, how does RC keep the hogs from taking every chair on the deck? 

The chair hog solution sounds interesting. That did be fixed even though it's too the extreme rare if we sit by the pool but I know it's a major issue that people complain about. I even see it and like I said we don't sit by the pool but one in a blue moon. 

17 hours ago, Arlene Waters said:

They say that they will not be charging for pizza but they are certainly charging for a$2.50 for an incredibly small box of popcorn on Symphony of the Seas  Really, like they don’t make enough money from the amount they charge for a single sailor supplemy  

Any ship that offers popcorn charges for it.  Why keep bringing it up?  Seriously this entire topic needs to end at this point.

10 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Have to ordered room service and experienced the wait?

first time recently and it was 2 hours at 10:30 at night.  They said so upfront.  We agreed.  Food delivered was wrong.

they can’t do room service in a timely fashion and correctly I can’t imagine them doing  pizza delivery promptly. 
maybe I should tell my son to “door dash onboard” and he can make $ delivering pizzas! 

3 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

Have to ordered room service and experienced the wait?

first time recently and it was 2 hours at 10:30 at night.  They said so upfront.  We agreed.  Food delivered was wrong.

they can’t do room service in a timely fashion and correctly I can’t imagine them doing  pizza delivery promptly. 
maybe I should tell my son to “door dash onboard” and he can make $ delivering pizzas! 

Yeah we rarely do room service but we did on Oasis last August and it took forever, I mean forever to get it. So not only is it a fee but it's super duper slow and long wait.