Cancelling fees

I don't know if all of you know this, but they charge a full cancellation fee regardless of booking with Next Cruise. So that means if you book with a reduced deposit, to change it is the loss of the $100 plus you need to pay the $250pp for the new booking. If you outright cancel, you pay $250 and will owe them the $150. 

22 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I don't know if all of you know this, but they charge a full cancellation fee regardless of booking with Next Cruise. So that means if you book with a reduced deposit, to change it is the loss of the $100 plus you need to pay the $250pp for the new booking. If you outright cancel, you pay $250 and will owe them the $150. 

Agree with having to pay the $250 pp deposit on the new booking.

Just canceled a next cruise booking last week and only lost the $100 pp NC deposit.  No other charge.

13 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

Agree with having to pay the $250 pp deposit on the new booking.

Just canceled a next cruise booking last week and only lost the $100 pp NC deposit.  No other charge.

What ship? This was a Wonder booking, made this year. So unsure if the timing and class has something to do with it.

So I need to amend.

The reason my mother was charged the full $250 is because she had made a payment of $200. They will charge the full $250 NRD on a next cruise booking if you have money paid. So they won't charge you extra for canceling when you just paid the $100 reduced deposit.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

So I need to amend.

The reason my mother was charged the full $250 is because she had made a payment of $200. They will charge the full $250 NRD on a next cruise booking if you have money paid. So they won't charge you extra for canceling when you just paid the $100 reduced deposit.

That's even  worse !

7 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

So I need to amend.

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm not sure exactly what is happening with this booking, but it sounds like one more good reason to avoid making any payments ahead of final payment date.

9 hours ago, steverk said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm not sure exactly what is happening with this booking, but it sounds like one more good reason to avoid making any payments ahead of final payment date.

This is it right here.  Royal has never shown they are very good at doing the refund part of the program.  If you never give it, you never have to have it given back.