WIFI and the costs

Hey everyone,

As a first time cruiser our family will be sailing on the Harmony of the Seas.  I'm a little confused by the vroom package pricing.  If I put in three of us with each 1 device (phones) the cost is over $400.  But if I put just one person with 3 devices it is just over 300.  So to save cost can I just do the 1 person with 3 devices, or how does that work?

Thanks,

Yes, my husband and I always buy 1 person, 2 devices.

The difference is that when you buy multiple devices under one name, there is one login/password.  Only 2 devices can be logged in (in our example) at a time. So if my husband is logged in on his phone, and I'm logged in on my phone, and he decides he wants to use is IPad, one device must be logged off (or one will get knocked off, not always the one you wanted, if you don't intentionally log off).  When you buy 2 people, 1 device, each will have their own login/password.   He'd have the same issue (in this example), but he'd only be knocking himself off, never me (accidentally or otherwise).  We don't think it's worth the extra cost to have each person have their own "account".

Save the money and do 1 person, 3 devices.

I will advocate (again, as usual) for the individual accounts.  Dan and I do not play well together so to keep our sanity (and relationship) we each have our own account.  Yes, it costs more...but I really like having the flexibility to change devices without having to worry about kicking him off.  I do understand the "logoff" concept....I just don't do it well. Very soon (October) I will no longer have to worry about this and I CANNOT WAIT !  Pinnacle, here we come !  Everyone with their OWN complimentary Voom account !

Not sure if this question should be here or it's own topic.  Anyway, I was wondering if I buy internet packages prior to boarding,  can one get the free day or whatever the crown and anchor benefit is for Diamond Plus or lower as credit on one's account onboard?

6 minutes ago, A and M said:

Not sure if this question should be here or it's own topic.  Anyway, I was wondering if I buy internet packages prior to boarding,  can one get the free day or whatever the crown and anchor benefit is for Diamond Plus or lower as credit on one's account onboard?

No credit, but you can have them add an extra device for you to use for your one free day.

On 7/15/2023 at 8:38 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I will advocate (again, as usual) for the individual accounts.  Dan and I do not play well together so to keep our sanity (and relationship) we each have our own account.  Yes, it costs more...but I really like having the flexibility to change devices without having to worry about kicking him off.  I do understand the "logoff" concept....I just don't do it well. Very soon (October) I will no longer have to worry about this and I CANNOT WAIT !  Pinnacle, here we come !  Everyone with their OWN complimentary Voom account !

Congratulations on Pinnacle.  We just turned Pinnacle in April and are loving the benefits, including a free cruise in October.  

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

What happens if I do 1 person and 1 device and the wife and I take turns with our individual devices, will that work? We agreed to only have WIFI in the event of an emergency back home so we can be reached (Internet, WhatsApp, etc.).

Absolutely. That's what my wife and I do. You just can't be on at the same time obviously but you can share the same login/pw on any devices you want.

14 hours ago, Mr. K said:

What happens if I do 1 person and 1 device and the wife and I take turns with our individual devices, will that work? We agreed to only have WIFI in the event of an emergency back home so we can be reached (Internet, WhatsApp, etc.).

1 person 1 device just means only 2 device can be active.  So yes, you can share with your wife but only one of you can be on the internet at any given time.  

how it works: I log in, I’m on my device, hubby decides he will use the login password to access his device, he gets a notice to the effect “by continuing you’ll be knocking off the other device”…he happily presses the continue button knocking me off my cruise research, I curse, log in and knock him off…., of course if there is communication you can eliminate the cursing🤣  now try this with a family of 6 and only 4 devices purchased….it makes for an awesome cruise!🙄

Oh my Patty, sounds like you guys made an adventure out of it, LOL! I understand and thank you for the illustration. This will work perfectly for our plans. We will only use it in order to "check-in" back home once or twice per day. Our plan is to enjoy our time on OOTS taking in all of the activities and truly making it a vacation. Thanks again.