Allure dry dock

7 hours ago, Erin6112 said:

Royal confirmed Allure will be going into dry dock from Feb to April 2025 seems a bit early for a TA would it be unusual for a TA that time of year? 

Just because a ship is going into dry dock does not mean it will be a TA attached to it. I believe Freedom is going around Jan and there is no transatlantic sailing attached to it.

This makes me think she’ll get her long overdue amplification. 

Symphony went over in March for her 5 year mechanical and since Allure is going a full month earlier, hopefully that means she’s getting all the bells and whistles 

I doubt there will be a transatlantic at that time of year. 

Anyone remember when oasis and Harmony went for their amp? Was there a TA? 

On 6/30/2023 at 3:12 PM, Ampurp85 said:

Just because a ship is going into dry dock does not mean it will be a TA attached to it. I believe Freedom is going around Jan and there is no transatlantic sailing attached to it.

I think that was the original plan for Freedom but she's now going in November/December 2024. There's no TA yet but there are a couple of pointers that there may be one in the offing: a port booking in Funchal showing Lanzarote as the original, and someone on one of the cancelled sailihgs had a deadhead from Lisbon to Cadiz show up in their app. It will be interesting to see if they do put one up for sale.

On 6/30/2023 at 8:46 PM, Jill said:

This makes me think she’ll get her long overdue amplification. 

Symphony went over in March for her 5 year mechanical and since Allure is going a full month earlier, hopefully that means she’s getting all the bells and whistles 

I doubt there will be a transatlantic at that time of year. 

Anyone remember when oasis and Harmony went for their amp? Was there a TA? 

I seem to remember Oasis had it at the end of the summer season in Europe but I could just be having a senior moment.

An aspect of dry dock timing that we don't get to see is the availability of a shipyard to do the work.  

Shipyards service all kinds of ships, cargo, tanker, container, ferries, etc.  

The number of cruise ships is pretty minor in the overall bigger shipping picture.

Many shipyards are busy doing all kinds of work on all kinds of ships.  Sometimes the cruise lines have to deal with dates they can get from the shipyard.  

The company certainly has some left over pandemic debt but despite that, they are flush with cash. I don’t recall ever seeing this type of demand for cruising. With that being said, I think it would be beneficial to perform Allure AMP during the extended dry dock and I have a feeling we will be hearing about it 4Q23. Like others have mentioned, dry dock scheduling is tight considering cruising is only a piece of the maritime pie requiring dry dock maintenance and they often take what they can get. I bet there is a team tucked away in the Miami offices right now making phone calls and harassing suppliers for Giovanni’s Kitchen & wine bar signs amongst other things for 2Q24 delivery to the dry dock facility for a real AMP!!!! It’s about time. 

16 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

feeling we will be hearing about it 4Q23

Right there with you on hearing about it then if it's going to happen. Let marketing do their thing with Icon and Utopia right now, then the team can spin up marketing on Icon-2 and Allure AMP later in the year. Keep the Royal hype train chugging along.

59 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

The company certainly has some left over pandemic debt but despite that, they are flush with cash. I don’t recall ever seeing this type of demand for cruising. With that being said, I think it would be beneficial to perform Allure AMP during the extended dry dock and I have a feeling we will be hearing about it 4Q23. Like others have mentioned, dry dock scheduling is tight considering cruising is only a piece of the maritime pie requiring dry dock maintenance and they often take what they can get. I bet there is a team tucked away in the Miami offices right now making phone calls and harassing suppliers for Giovanni’s Kitchen & wine bar signs amongst other things for 2Q24 delivery to the dry dock facility for a real AMP!!!! It’s about time. 

Flush with cash??

For the running 12 months ending March 2023 the net income was a loss of $1.037 billion.  They have debt due within 12 months of $8.57 billion and total liabilities of $22.3 billion.

They had $1.94 billion  in cash and $531.1 million in receivables that were due within 12 months. So its liabilities total $28.4 billion more than the combination of its cash and short-term receivables. 

They aren't flush with anything other than debt.

8 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I seem to remember Oasis had it at the end of the summer season in Europe but I could just be having a senior moment.

Now I remember (thanks to Google), oasis had her amp done in the Bahamas in April 2019. That’s when she got hit by the crane. Her transatlantic left from Port Canaveral April 21, 2019 for the med 

1 hour ago, TXcruzer said:

Flush with cash??

For the running 12 months ending March 2023 the net income was a loss of $1.037 billion.  They have debt due within 12 months of $8.57 billion and total liabilities of $22.3 billion.

They had $1.94 billion  in cash and $531.1 million in receivables that were due within 12 months. So its liabilities total $28.4 billion more than the combination of its cash and short-term receivables. 

They aren't flush with anything other than debt.

Well tack on another $180m to the tab for a good cause. Accounting can be creative, and sometimes the numbers lie. 

39 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Well tack on another $180m to the tab for a good cause. Accounting can be creative, and sometimes the numbers lie. 

Not in an SEC filing

I'm not saying they won't AMP Allure (I hope they do not personally) but from a fiduciary perspective, it is not a sound decision

1 hour ago, TXcruzer said:

Not in an SEC filing

I'm not saying they won't AMP Allure (I hope they do not personally) but from a fiduciary perspective, it is not a sound decision

This is too high level a thought for myself being a low level type guy. Just looking at the positives and hoping they Amp Allure. 

Allure was scheduled for dry doc and amp in 2020 but Covid caused that to be canceled. Among the changes Sabor was to be changed to Playmakers. But alas it wasn't done.

As for the Ultimate Absyss, imo that would be a waste of money and space but it would be nice if they added slides like Symphony has. We have sailed Allure a number of times and will be back on board in 60 days.

20 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

This is too high level a thought for myself being a low level type guy. Just looking at the positives and hoping they Amp Allure. 

Their investors and debtors look at it differently.

If you loaned $100k to a family member who lost their job during the pandemic and was unemployed for a year and half, would you okay with them finally getting a job and using that money to renovate the kitchen instead of paying you back?  They might as well buy a Tesla too, it's only $35k after rebates.  What's another $35k when they are already in debt to you?

55 minutes ago, twangster said:

Their investors and debtors look at it differently.

If you loaned $100k to a family member who lost their job during the pandemic and was unemployed for a year and half, would you okay with them finally getting a job and using that money to renovate the kitchen instead of paying you back?  They might as well buy a Tesla too, it's only $35k after rebates.  What's another $35k when they are already in debt to you?

But what if this family member took their new found wealth and decided to just mortgage a whole new house instead of renovating that kitchen? Do you think the investors will be upset when the shipyards start laying ICON2 keel or any other new ship building? One thing is for sure, debt or no debt the money is rolling in. 

2 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

But what if this family member took their new found wealth and decided to just mortgage a whole new house instead of renovating that kitchen? Do you think the investors will be upset when the shipyards start laying ICON2 keel or any other new ship building? One thing is for sure, debt or no debt the money is rolling in. 

Icon money and contract was secured before the shutdown.  Who knows if they could weazel out or if they were bound to that contract with the shipyard.

So if it cost $600 million to bailout of a $1.2B contract then as an investor I'm inclined to agree to move ahead with Icon 2.

9 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

New ship contracts pre date the current financial situation, downpayment already made, and more than likely more expensive to back out than to move forward.

Yes the money is "rolling in", but not into Royal's operations accounts; not for quite awhile yet.