Diamond Plus BOGO

JayG

2 minutes ago, barjpoe said:

Thanks for asking this question. I want to do the same thing as the dinner menu is too much food.

I know its a waste of $$ but I'd still get enough.

If dinner is too much food, paying the higher price for dinner to get a "bigger discount" is the waste of money.

The free meal costs the same either way - you already spent the money to get to D+.

18 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

If dinner is too much food, paying the higher price for dinner to get a "bigger discount" is the waste of money.

The free meal costs the same either way - you already spent the money to get to D+.

Very good point.

• 2 weeks later...

Before I saw this topic on this site, I had called RCCL.  I was trying to get a reservation for the second night for the D+ BOGO but it was unavailable online.  The agent had to ask for help a couple of times but ultimately gave me the reservation for just myself (one person) and told me to go to guest services once onboard to confirm my D+ BOGO.  So not sure if this will get cancelled out once onboard or if this could have been an accident they will honor.

I like a special embarkation lunch, so I booked Chops for our Adventure sailing. I purchased this on the cruise planner. Once onboard can I ask to apply the BOGO for towards the lunch and get one of our meals refunded as OBC?

3 minutes ago, Neesa said:

I like a special embarkation lunch, so I booked Chops for our Adventure sailing. I purchased this on the cruise planner. Once onboard can I ask to apply the BOGO for towards the lunch and get one of our meals refunded as OBC?

This has varying degrees of whether or not it works. Mostly I heard this perk has to be booked on ship at ship prices. Since the CP offers the reservation as a discount, it may not work out that way.

I was told by RCCL on the phone that any discount given for an advance reservation would be cancelled but the BOGO should be honored.  It just wasn't made clear to me if doing an advance reservation is generally acceptable for BOGO.  It seemed like it was the first time she was given this question and situation.

5 hours ago, togo said:

I was told by RCCL on the phone that any discount given for an advance reservation would be cancelled but the BOGO should be honored.  It just wasn't made clear to me if doing an advance reservation is generally acceptable for BOGO.  It seemed like it was the first time she was given this question and situation.

Yes, your reservation in advance will be cancelled and charged accordingly in order to honor the BOGO offer.  All C&A perks must be purchased aboard, and they will not honor discounts utilized by the CP.

Slightly off topic….but we were able to use our BOGO discounts on any night we wanted to use them….this week on Serenade.  We used Dan’s last night (night #1) at Chop’s and we will use mine on the last night (night #4) at Giovanni’s.  I made both of the specialty reservations when we boarded, along with the remaining 2 nights (night #2 and night #3) in the MDR.  As an aside, chops last night was very unbusy (sorry….terrible, made-up word.  I was afraid if I said it was “slow” that people would think I meant slow service…). So it seems that, at least on Serenade, they don’t care if you use your BOGO on nights other than night #1 or night #2.  YMMV on other ships.

11 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Slightly off topic….but we were able to use our BOGO discounts on any night we wanted to use them….this week on Serenade.  We used Dan’s last night (night #1) at Chop’s and we will use mine on the last night (night #4) at Giovanni’s.  I made both of the specialty reservations when we boarded, along with the remaining 2 nights (night #2 and night #3) in the MDR.  As an aside, chops last night was very unbusy (sorry….terrible, made-up word.  I was afraid if I said it was “slow” that people would think I meant slow service…). So it seems that, at least on Serenade, they don’t care if you use your BOGO on nights other than night #1 or night #2.  YMMV on other ships.

I've asked about this preemptively as we will turn D+ after our next cruise and most of the responses I have gotten have been similar to yours... book on the 1st night but eat on any night(s) you want. I've also read several accounts of being able to use the BOGO on lunch.

Of course, as you mentioned, it could still easily be a YMMV situation but I'm cautiously optimistic.

On 7/7/2023 at 3:03 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Slightly off topic….but we were able to use our BOGO discounts on any night we wanted to use them….this week on Serenade.  We used Dan’s last night (night #1) at Chop’s and we will use mine on the last night (night #4) at Giovanni’s.

How about using the BOGO as a solo?  Has anyone done this?  Say night 1 is half and the second half night 2.  Guessing each ship handles this differently.

I might need this info after the Mrs. finds out how many bookings I've made. 🤫

6 hours ago, JustMeJoe said:

How about using the BOGO as a solo?  Has anyone done this?  Say night 1 is half and the second half night 2.  Guessing each ship handles this differently.

I might need this info after the Mrs. finds out how many bookings I've made. 🤫

For a solo, you will pay for the more expensive one and the second one will be free.