Water bottles

I do not drink alcohol and can’t even conceive of drinking $27 worth if anything every day.  

Three part question:

1. When they say you can buy 12 ir 24 bottles of water to be delivered to your room, is that one time or every day?  $27 seems like a lot for 12 bottles of water, and who can drink 12 bottles every day?

2.  Do they not serve beverages with meals??? Do I have to buy a beverage package just to drink water with my meals?

3. can I bring bottles of water on board?

Just want to clarify, water and lemonade aren’t just served with meals. You can always get water on the ship. There are stations on the pool deck that are always open. You could also bring a refillable water bottle. You just need to use one of their cups to refill your water bottle, you can’t put it directly under the spigot. 

58 minutes ago, Luly said:

You could also bring a refillable water bottle. You just need to use one of their cups to refill your water bottle, you can’t put it directly under the spigot. 

This is what my wife does. Other than the occasional frozen drink (usually virgin), all she drinks is water (or flavored water when available, that's her fav). She has one of those large metallic bottles that keep liquids cold for quite a while even without ice (although she still adds a few cubes).

We are going to be taking our first cruise on Serenade of the Seas in a couple of weeks and I was able to purchase a 24 pack of water from the Royal Gifts site on the Royal Caribbean app for $29. This was not linked to the beverage package nor did it state a per person charge.  Now I may discover something totally different when I get on board but for now I believe I purchased 1 case of water for $29.

21 hours ago, Luly said:

You just need to use one of their cups to refill your water bottle, you can’t put it directly under the spigot. 

Since Covid, we have been able to directly fill our large metallic bottles as long as it doesn't contact the dispense head its good...We have asked if its ok many times.  We usually get ice and water from one of the cafes.  Same with our insulated coffee cups.

On 5/7/2023 at 2:31 PM, OCSC Mike said:

This is what my wife does. Other than the occasional frozen drink (usually virgin), all she drinks is water (or flavored water when available, that's her fav). She has one of those large metallic bottles that keep liquids cold for quite a while even without ice (although she still adds a few cubes).

Thanks everyone!  These are all helpful answers.  I see the water package has increased in price to $33/12 bottles.  For my 4 day cruise bringing a refillable bottle should be quite adequate.

I am sooo looking forward to this, our first cruise.

On 5/7/2023 at 2:25 PM, teddy said:

I bring a water bottle and those liquid drink mixers like Mio…..although we buy the store brand because we’re “thrifty”. 

I drink the Mio mixers (lemonade) at home.  Our local water is just so-so. I get the Mio Lemonade mixers at a local close-out store (Bargain Hunt) for $1 per bottle so they are cheaper than Walmart brand. They are small enough to get thru airport security (at least so far) in my carry-on. 

2 hours ago, Leenbo said:

Thanks everyone!  These are all helpful answers.  I see the water package has increased in price to $33/12 bottles.  For my 4 day cruise bringing a refillable bottle should be quite adequate.

I am sooo looking forward to this, our first cruise.

Keep in mind the 12 bottle package is for 1 liter bottles X12

4 minutes ago, mark.s said:

Hello.. I read where its cans of water...not bottles...can anyone confirm/deny or have experience. We won't drink cans of water and I'll cancel if this is the case. thanks

the pre purchase package is almost always 1 liter bottles.  Cans were prevalent during the restart, but I haven't seen any in at least a year.

5 hours ago, mark.s said:

Hello.. I read where its cans of water...not bottles...can anyone confirm/deny or have experience. We won't drink cans of water and I'll cancel if this is the case. thanks

I’ve had cans on Anthem when it just came back from Europe, once we docked in Orlando (from Nee Jersey) we had bottled water. 

12 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Interesting

I have gotten 12 X 1 liter bottles of Evian the last 5-6 purchases, including November '22 and February '23 on Allure

I’m not sure the method to their madness, but I have gotten both sizes at various times. This one just happened to be the smaller size I guess.