Teenagers!

Hello friends,

We just booked Odyssey of the Seas for February vacation 2024. My teenagers are concerned that there wont be any other teenager on board to hang around with. Will there be other kids for them to hang out with during this school vacation week cruise?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, wordell1 said:

Yes, Make sure they go to the meet and greet on the 1st night in the teen lounge.

Also try your roll call to see if any want to meet up before the teen event, which has been in the afternoon during my last two cruises. 

There are schools in the NE that have a week off in February.

I am on the Feb 17, 2024 Odyssey sailing and I will have two teenagers (16 and 14) with me.  Teens hang a lot in the SeaPlex, Arcade and Sports Court areas.  Odyssey also has a teen gaming lounge. 

There will be a lot of teens on any winter break sailing.   

There will be teenagers. We homeschool and only cruise in the off season. It’s way more common to have kids aboard now, so many parents moved to homeschool permanently after COVID. Our local homeschool group went from about 75 members to more than five hundred, it’s extremely common now and vacations definitely reflect it. Have fun! I second making sure they do the meet and greet on the first night. There will be loads of planned activities.

I’m all for teens and I have one.  On my last cruise with my teen in March, I honestly think there were almost as many teens as adults.  It was seriously an overwhelming number — for the first time I found myself thinking that there were too many! 

Yes. I was worried when I brought my teens on a cruise that they wouldn't meet anyone and be "bored". I can say that I barely saw my teens that cruise, except dinner, an excursion, or a random pop-in to ask for something. They are still friends with many of the other teens they met and talk all the time on social media. We also sailed during a non-vacation time. 

Funny story...when we were waiting to board the ship in the terminal and there was one seat open next to my daughter. A girl around her age sat in the seat and her parents grabbed two open seats a few chairs down. I was sitting across from my daughter and motioned for her to say hello. My daughter was too shy to do so and sat there in silence. I thought it was going to be a long cruise. But that same girl and my daughter ended up being glued to the hip that entire cruise after meeting up again in the teen area. 

24 minutes ago, Scarlett625 said:

Yes. I was worried when I brought my teens on a cruise that they wouldn't meet anyone and be "bored". I can say that I barely saw my teens that cruise, except dinner, an excursion, or a random pop-in to ask for something. They are still friends with many of the other teens they met and talk all the time on social media. We also sailed during a non-vacation time. 

Funny story...when we were waiting to board the ship in the terminal and there was one seat open next to my daughter. A girl around her age sat in the seat and her parents grabbed two open seats a few chairs down. I was sitting across from my daughter and motioned for her to say hello. My daughter was too shy to do so and sat there in silence. I thought it was going to be a long cruise. But that same girl and my daughter ended up being glued to the hip that entire cruise after meeting up again in the teen area. 

I love it! My kids are fast friends with kids they have meet on cruises. We’ve even met up with another family to cruise together again, it’s been so much fun.