Need Help

KimV007

Our cruise is in one month.  We have a balcony room on the 14th floor of the Oasis right below the deck with the pools, bars, and golf etc.  We are very concerned about the noise and I called to get the same room/type on a different floor.  She told me that there are 2 available and one would cost an extra $3000 and the other an extra $7000.  The boat is almost full and she said she couldnt switch our room with another one that is already assigned.  Is there anything we can do?

Thanks!
Kim

7 hours ago, KimV007 said:

Our cruise is in one month.  We have a balcony room on the 14th floor of the Oasis right below the deck with the pools, bars, and golf etc.  We are very concerned about the noise and I called to get the same room/type on a different floor.  She told me that there are 2 available and one would cost an extra $3000 and the other an extra $7000.  The boat is almost full and she said she couldnt switch our room with another one that is already assigned.  Is there anything we can do?

Thanks!
Kim

Don't be all that concerned, if you can't move it won't be terrible. I think people make too much of this to be honest. It will still be an incredible cruise on an incredible ship. 

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you or someone in your travel party is a VERY light sleeper, I don't think you'll have any issues. We've been on at least 3 sailings in Grand Suites directly below the below deck (since GS are usually only midship and on Freedom and smaller seem to be only on the top stateroom deck) and we've never heard the chairs being moved around or people in the pools or on the pool deck. And I sleep in AND take midday breaks in the room.

I think he was legitimately asking.  There are really only 2 ways you can get a room when you book yourself.  You choose it, or you book a GTY and it gets assigned.  If you chose it yourself, and I'm thinking that you didn't, he's wondering why.  If it was assigned as a GTY, he was saying that's a risk you took.  I do hope it works out for you however you would like it to.  

If you did book a GTY, my guess is next time you'll pay the upcharge to choose.  Enjoy your cruise.

Xaa - maybe? I read it as if he was trying to put me in my place, but can certainly own it if I am wrong.

If that is what I did with my booking, it was unintentional or I somehow missed it. I booked from my phone and thought it was odd that I couldn’t select my room. I know it will be a wonderful much needed cruise. I was just caught off guard when I called in asking for the same category room on a lower floor. No big deal. I saw this blog and thought I’d reach out to see if that was normal or if there were options.  😊👍

1 hour ago, Xaa said:

I think he was legitimately asking.  There are really only 2 ways you can get a room when you book yourself.  You choose it, or you book a GTY and it gets assigned.  If you chose it yourself, and I'm thinking that you didn't, he's wondering why.  If it was assigned as a GTY, he was saying that's a risk you took.  I do hope it works out for you however you would like it to.  

If you did book a GTY, my guess is next time you'll pay the upcharge to choose.  Enjoy your cruise.

Yes that is exactly what I said.

There was no judgement at all. I have booked a GTY and picked my own cabin. You just need to be aware of what you are getting into when you do it that way. 

41 minutes ago, KimV007 said:

Xaa - maybe? I read it as if he was trying to put me in my place, but can certainly own it if I am wrong.

If that is what I did with my booking, it was unintentional or I somehow missed it. I booked from my phone and thought it was odd that I couldn’t select my room. I know it will be a wonderful much needed cruise. I was just caught off guard when I called in asking for the same category room on a lower floor. No big deal. I saw this blog and thought I’d reach out to see if that was normal or if there were options.  😊👍

Yeah that is not cool that you can't select a room that way. 

Anyway next time get a travel agent. They don't cost anything extra and are very helpful.

On 2/10/2023 at 6:20 PM, KimV007 said:

You can do a 'mock' booking to see what is available on your cruise.  Yes, I did find 1 cruise in March on Oasis that was totally booked with the exception of the Interior rooms. The price difference could caused by how close you are from the cruise date. But when I looked at the cruises in March that had ocean view balcony, none of them were above $2000.  So I can't see how you were quoted a $3000 and $7000  difference. Did you mean $300 and $700? Or was the person you were talking to quoting you suite prices?  Either way, I am sure you will have a great time on your cruise. Bring along ear plugs - that is what I use when I travel with a family member who snores. 

• 3 weeks later...