Windjammer Omelet Station?

wordell1

15 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Explorer had it this past weekend.

If I recall, Allure and Oasis don't have the specialty stations in the rear of the Windjammer like the rest of the Oasis class ships which is where they do the omelets in the mornings.

Good news! I was worried that it went beyond this ship.

5 hours ago, wordell1 said:

Main Dining only. Definitely a negative for me.

Wow, that is highly disappointing.  It’s a tradition for me on my Royal Caribbean cruises.  For like the last dozen cruises, I always go to the WJ for my traditional made-to-order omelet.  I get it 2 or 3 times on a cruise, anytime, I have breakfast in the WJ.  

1 hour ago, Coda_Sarah said:

Wow, that is highly disappointing.  It’s a tradition for me on my Royal Caribbean cruises.  For like the last dozen cruises, I always go to the WJ for my traditional made-to-order omelet.  I get it 2 or 3 times on a cruise, anytime, I have breakfast in the WJ.  

Definitely my normal breakfast! 

9 hours ago, wordell1 said:

Definitely my normal breakfast! 

Mine too.  Any time I have breakfast in WJ, my first stop is the omelet station.  I knew Wipe Out Cafe had it but once El Loco Fresh replaced it, I heard their omelet station went away.  I knew Wipe Out Cafe had the made-to-order omelets because I love them LOL!  I just assumed the WJ would have it.

Definitely not understanding the answer to the question Does the Windjammer buffet on the Oasis of the Seas have a made to order omlette station at breakfast?  Yes or No? I have only sailed on Norwegian and a made to order omlette was a must each morning from the buffet.  I do not believe I have ever been to a decent buffet on a ship or in a hotel that did not have an omlette station.  First sailing on Oasis this coming fall and I cannot believe that something so simple could be a deal breaker for me.  Still have months to make full payment. Please tell me I am not understanding the answers in this thread.

17 hours ago, Xaa said:

but you can get a freshly made to order omelet in the MDR or at Johnny Rockets.

It's not the same.  The MDR is honestly miserable in the AM for 1 person (my wife and son like to sleep in).  I am not super social in the AM and honestly just want to sit by myself.  They always want to pack everyone in one section so you may get your own table, but you are right on top of the people next to you.

I promise it costs Royal more to have a waiter come serve me at the MDR vs just having an omelet station in the windjammer.  Frankly there is just no excuse or logical reason for it.  On Allure at least, they actually had the setup for it, but the chef was making fried eggs and plating them.

It didn't ruin an otherwise great cruise, but it was more than a little disappointing. I gave the Windjammer a 5 on my survey for that issue alone. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 4:23 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

SY has an omelet station in the WJ but does not serve fresh omelets in the Solarium Bistro like Oasis does.  I guess each ship can do whatever it wants in such situations.

I mistakenly went to the Solarium bistro expecting an omelet station. the chef behind the counter saw my confusion and when I expressed I was looking for an egg white omelet she said they had only the predone omelets (with yellow).  When I stated I could not have the yolks she had an egg white omelete made for me.  The next day I went to the WJ and found the omelet station.  Very disorganized.  On most of the ships I have been on lately they give you a beeper that alerts you your omelet is ready and you can go get it yourself or hand it off to a waitstaff person (I never tried doing that).  Symphony they asked where you were sitting, of course people know to order an omlet first and then look for seats, so naturally the answer is "IDK".  They had omlets just sitting there waiting to be served to people (or for people to come and get them).  Thankfully I was able to sit within eye shot of the omlet station and watch my egg whites come up, so I had hot eggs.

BTW< side note:  why has spell check disappeared?  I've spelled omlit 9 different ways and no corrections!  Has it always been like this?  Omlet, Omlit,Omelet, omlett, 🤣

On 1/22/2023 at 8:30 AM, JohnK6404 said:

We may have been blind and missed it, but my wife always looks to order her omelets and we did not see an omelet station set up on Wonder last week in the WJ. We had breakfast there multiple days and did not see one... they only had the pre-made omelets, etc.

I sailed onWonder last week, yes there was an omelet station in the WJ and you're right it was very easy to miss.  My husband and I were standing in line where the guy was frying eggs and a waiter/kitchen supervisor asked us, "are you looking for omelets?"  He showed us, it was the opposite side, the port side, not where the entrance was.  They gave you a beeper when it was ready.  It only took 5 minutes both times we got them.

On 1/22/2023 at 9:45 AM, FloatyBoaty said:

Anthem has an omelet station in WJ as well as an “eggs & more” station where it appears that they are possibly cooking eggs to order. 

That ended up being my breakfast go-to when we were on in December. Since we're early risers, we were often queued up for Windjammer before the doors open, so I'd usually get my order in at the omelet station among the first few of the morning, so not too long of a wait.