xSAILEDx Icon of the Seas (Maiden Voyage) - Jan 27, 2024 - Feb 3, 2024 (7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)

On 1/7/2024 at 7:18 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@MLH I had no idea you would be ok this sailing!! We definitely need to try and meet up!

For sure I love following your blogs and feel I know you. lol  I didnt mention it anywhere because I wanted to surprise my friend,but then it  kind of came out.  i had an elaborate plan to try to get her genie to let us into her room or do a meet up when we boarded.  Ive been asking her questions like are you bringing a formal dress, and suit.  What are your shore excursion plans etc.  We are going on Utopia Inaugural  together in the Aquatheater so she thought I was talking about that.  lol  

4 minutes ago, MLH said:

For sure I love following your blogs and feel I know you. lol

I feel like between this blog community, and that other group that we are in 😉 I know a lot of people that I have never met. That is actually what I love about the community, when you do actually meet, it feels like old friends getting back together. This is something that I have tried to explain to the rest of family so many times, but I gave up lol

Stopping in here from the February 24th sailing just to say that after watching the arrival this morning, I am so excited for all of you! Me and my 2 boys watch her arrival into port this morning and we were all so excited! Have a great vacation and make lots of memories!

Make it ICONIC!

We are on another thread for the inaugural, but Brad and Evan here from Florida. We will be in a junior suite on this cruise and then move rooms to the Sunset Corner Suite for the second sailing. We have the unlimited dining package, deluxe beverage package, and passes to Hideaway in Coco Cay for both sailings. Gonna be one hell of a party for 2 weeks!!! Hopefully lots of fun party people to meet 

On 12/4/2023 at 11:14 AM, cruisefool said:

Be sure to sign up for the poker run and bar crawl.

I heard about the bar crawl and ordered the shirts, but I don't have facebook in order to sign up. Do we need to sign up for the bar crawl or can we just show up and join in? 

On 11/30/2023 at 8:38 AM, sk8erguy1978 said:

Sorry your wife cannot make it. My wife's time off hasn't been officially approved yet either, ER nurse. It's always a gamble for us booking something before she can put in the request. We'll know in a few weeks I guess. 

Well, my wife's time off request wasn't officially approved, but she's not on the schedule LOL. I think her manager doesn't know how to work the new system. Always react mode with staffing. Anyway, relieved she's making it.

Edited by sk8erguy1978
Missing words

17 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Well, my wife's time off request wasn't officially approved, but she's not on the schedule LOL. I think her manager doesn't know how to work the new system. Always react mode with staffing. Anyway, relieved she's making it.

Darn I was hoping you would need a fill in  and be taking offers 😂😂

20 hours ago, Seacruiser92 said:

I heard about the bar crawl and ordered the shirts, but I don't have facebook in order to sign up. Do we need to sign up for the bar crawl or can we just show up and join in? 

You should be able to just show up and join in. @PG Cruiser knows the coordinator pretty well and can confirm this.

On 1/12/2024 at 4:12 PM, Seacruiser92 said:

Are you in the Icon Maiden FB group by Marilyn Resto?  The bar crawl for that group is being hosted by Michael Pastore.

Was this the shirt you ordered?

IMG_1216.thumb.jpeg.36b9d3c89e02b80e75b307fe005b5cd0.jpeg

5 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Are you in the Icon Maiden FB group by Marilyn Resto?  The bar crawl for that group is being hosted by Michael Pastore.

Was this the shirt you ordered?

IMG_1216.thumb.jpeg.36b9d3c89e02b80e75b307fe005b5cd0.jpeg

Yes, that's the shirt I ordered, but I don't have Facebook haha.

1 hour ago, TheMaxRebo said:

Just a heads up, looks like they have switched which areas are the adults only area on the ship - was to be Cloud 7 but now will be the Hideaway ... saw it mentioned in a cruise critic article and now appears that way in the app

image.thumb.png.e72be2e5665cd8070c885fc05bf94d57.png

It does mention in the description "adults only" so maybe just an oversight (fingers crossed for a few adult only pool zones). I'll submit the bug report immediately - LOL!

Screenshot_20240114-105524.png

I'm happy with either and love both designs. An adults only space that's not the solarium is all I wanted for Christmas 😂! It always felt disconnected, stuffy, like people who wanted to get away from kiddos were being punished LOL... That's just me of course.  

2 hours ago, TheMaxRebo said:

Naming convention wise this makes a ton of sense

Downside is the adults only area is right down from all the water slides and above the family area so definitely won't be a quiet area 

Will be very interesting to see how it works out

It definitely won’t be quiet as it’s supposed to have a Vegas pool atmosphere to it. My guess is music will be pretty loud unless they change that. 

2 hours ago, LandstromCruise said:

It definitely won’t be quiet as it’s supposed to have a Vegas pool atmosphere to it. My guess is music will be pretty loud unless they change that. 

The thing is The Hideaway onboard is supposed to have more of a Mediterranean vibe based on the description. Guess it all comes down to what the DJ spins up.

I view Vegas as more party vibe and Mediterranean as being more laid back.

3 minutes ago, Doug_Texas said:

I missed out too.  Never saw ordering info on blog, Patreon, or GroupMe.

It was in the event in one of the inaugural Facebook groups. I saw it by chance last week when I finally marked my attendance as "maybe."

I'm sure the alcohol will still taste the same 😉.