xSAILEDx Icon of the Seas (Maiden Voyage) - Jan 27, 2024 - Feb 3, 2024 (7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)

We're booked on the maiden voyage and saw that the Suite guarantee is less than $1000 more expensive than our current infinity balcony stateroom. However we're quite afraid that we might get a Surfside Family Suite with an inward facing balcony. 

Has anyone here booked a Suite guarantee and has already their suite assigned? Our travel agent said a Junior Suite assignment is quite likely.

Most suite guarantees are most likely a JS, which is the lowest level suite. However, this inaugural is messed up in the sense that about a week ago, a ton of Surfside Suites opened up because people who had 4 booked in them had the option to cancel without penalty, even though it was past final payment. The reason being they messed up on those rooms and while advertised as "family", the sofa bed is smaller than a double. Only 48 inches in width across. I know for a fact quite a few people cancelled after we all got that letter. So you might end up with that too.

What I find interesting about this sailing is that there are a lot of suite guarantee options. There's the general suite guarantee that you mentioned, then they have a Grand Suite Guarantee & a Sky Junior suite guarantee. I have never seen so many types of suite guarantees before on a particular sailing.

29 minutes ago, TheMaxRebo said:

I see it is bookable for Sea Days - I wonder if it will be "free" on port days, like North Star

If it is I’ll cancel the sea day booking so fast ……

The “Sea Day” bookings include a video of your sky walk so if free happens there will be no video…… (but free with iPhone video is better than $89.99 with video).

On 11/22/2023 at 11:06 AM, Doug_Texas said:

Remind me of cancellation for refund (not cabin credit) policy for both Crown's Edge, shore excursion, individual specialty reservation - is it 48 hours or embarkation day (will copy this to dining section as well)? 

Everything buckles up 48 hours prior ahead of time.

On 11/20/2023 at 1:53 PM, Doug_Texas said:

Will Matt / Blog be hosting any special events during the sailing for the bloggers?

If you booked through MEI, I know they were trying to see if they could get something set up for us as a group but no promises. We have a GroupMe chat going if you want to download that app and chat with us.

24 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you booked through MEI, I know they were trying to see if they could get something set up for us as a group but no promises. We have a GroupMe chat going if you want to download that app and chat with us.

I'm interested. I'm in Facebook groups but no exciting chatter to make pre-cruise friends LOL.

4 minutes ago, Scott M said:

Going to be my 13yo son and I, doesn't look like wife will make it unfortunately. 

Sorry your wife cannot make it. My wife's time off hasn't been officially approved yet either, ER nurse. It's always a gamble for us booking something before she can put in the request. We'll know in a few weeks I guess. 

40 minutes ago, thxultra said:

Check in started at midnight. What times were you guys able to get. I was on right away and was surprised the earliest time I could get was 12:00PM-12:30PM.

I got 11:30 and a second later only 12:00 was available for my wife. So, definitely got lucky myself but they went fast. 

41 minutes ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

I got 11:30 and a second later only 12:00 was available for my wife. So, definitely got lucky myself but they went fast. 

Ya must have gone crazy fast. I was on right at midnight eastern and got 12:00. Crazy they didn't put your wife in the same group with you since you are traveling together.

On 12/13/2023 at 10:48 AM, thxultra said:

Ya must have gone crazy fast. I was on right at midnight eastern and got 12:00. Crazy they didn't put your wife in the same group with you since you are traveling together.

They'll let us board together, so no biggie. In the app you need do each person separately, strange but makes sense in a way. Gives you the flexibility to check in yourself or everyone. 

I started a few minutes after midnight too. Needed to sledgehammer the app for it to recognize check-in was open. 

Edited by sk8erguy1978
Typo: yourselves?

6 hours ago, ScottB said:

All though we won't be on board, my husband and I will be in the area (Liberty, Jan 29 Feb 2, Ft Lauderdale), we were thinking of going down to Miami and watch the Icon sale away. Does anyone know of a good spot at/near Port of Miami?

South Pointe Pier Park on Miami Beach.  I'd get there early as I'm sure it'll be a popular spot.

Hey there inaugural cruisers! I'm just a lowly 4th sailing passenger here wondering if you were able to book any entertainment yet? And if you were at what point were you able to? I'm anxiously waiting for the window to open so I can get all booked for the epic new shows. I hope you all have a wonderful time and keep her nice and tidy for us 2nd 3rd and 4th sailing fools!

14 minutes ago, Morris Family said:

Hey there inaugural cruisers! I'm just a lowly 4th sailing passenger here wondering if you were able to book any entertainment yet? And if you were at what point were you able to? I'm anxiously waiting for the window to open so I can get all booked for the epic new shows. I hope you all have a wonderful time and keep her nice and tidy for us 2nd 3rd and 4th sailing fools!

No, it's not available yet.