Anyone Seen The Allure Cruise Director - In Person

Thorntor

Just got off a six day sailing on the Allure without ever seeing the cruise director out and about or mingling with the guests.  We were on board four of the six days and with the exception off the Daily Show, we never saw the gentleman.  I thought I saw him once,but it was the fellow who works in Future Cruises.

Not sure what his job description is, but I suspect that interacting with the guests is in there somewhere?

19 hours ago, Thorntor said:

Just got off a six day sailing on the Allure without ever seeing the cruise director out and about or mingling with the guests.  We were on board four of the six days and with the exception off the Daily Show, we never saw the gentleman.  I thought I saw him once,but it was the fellow who works in Future Cruises.

Not sure what his job description is, but I suspect that interacting with the guests is in there somewhere?

We ran into him once back in August while waiting in line for photos. He was getting a drink from the starbucks and took the time while waiting to check in with everyone.

Unless someone new took over since August, the Cruise Director looks like Drew Carey lol

23 hours ago, Thorntor said:

You say you were on board but what kind of activities were you doing?  In my experience the Cruise Director is running activities and attending events all over the ship.  And on an Oasis class ship, they obviously can't be at every activity.  If you were focused on things like the adult pools, bars, gym, spa, etc. then no, I don't think you'd have much interaction with the cruise director.  If you were attending shows, trivia, bingo, pool games (like belly flop contest), etc. and didn't see them, then yes, I would think that's odd but maybe just due to the size of the ship.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 3:07 PM, PG Cruiser said:

Is this him? Cory Rogers?

image.thumb.png.090ade617e68856d8ae17073b4b41a84.png

Don't think so.  Watched the CD every day on the Morning Show and the CD had a beard and mustache (and didn't have his mouth wide open.). Also don't believe his name was Cory.

Agree with Atlantix2000's insightful comments.  We were about on the ship every day, spending hours people watching and did not disembark in Roatan or Costa Maya due to hip issues.  We did go to the Aqua Show, production show Mama Mia which was fantastic, and the 70/80s event on the Promenade and did not see the CD.  

Perhaps he will come forward ???????????

I often see the CD a lot when I cruise and have seen Cory, but I believe he was on another cruise ship......I want to say Mariner or Indy. I saw my CD several time when I was on Harmony. Jeff was always out and about, getting in people's business. He was a fun guy who said he was from Ohio and makes his own clothes. I asked him how and he said he sews rags together. I think they can make or break a cruise experience.