Deluxe Beverage Pkg sold out on Rhapsody in March?

We are on Rhapsody in March '23 and have not seen the deluxe beverage pkg in our planner for the past 2 weeks, only the non-alcohol packages. It was there previously. I called customer service and was told that it is rare, but the DBP is sold out for our cruise but would be available for purchase when we board. I have never seen this on any of our cruises, especially when we are almost 5 months from our cruise. Anyone else experienced this before?

I also have never known the DBP to “sell out”.  Keep checking. I’m sure it will reappear - probably at a higher price !

One thing I have noticed…they seem to be decoupling the DBP and the internet package.  I have noticed that on a few of my cruises (something to do with Starlink ?  Who knows).  They could be decoupling these on your cruise and that could be the cause of the DBP temporarily missing from your Cruise Planner.  Just a thought.

53 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

I have never, ever seen Royal pass up a money making opportunity, especially on the DBP. It is still a ways from the sail date and it would not surprise me if it shows up again.

I just experienced a "Sold out" on my Unlimited Dining Package that they mistakenly charged the three night package price for a seven night cruise.  I called them to ask about the error and they said they would still honor it (Heres hoping they still do in December) but within a day they slapped a "Sold Out" on the web site.  I'm guessing it is quicker for them to add Sold out to the web page than it is to wait for the IT guys to get around to fixing it.

P.S.  I am picking on the IT guys because "I are one!"  🙂 

3 hours ago, claracruiser66 said:

We are on Rhapsody in March '23 and have not seen the deluxe beverage pkg in our planner for the past 2 weeks, only the non-alcohol packages. It was there previously. I called customer service and was told that it is rare, but the DBP is sold out for our cruise but would be available for purchase when we board. I have never seen this on any of our cruises, especially when we are almost 5 months from our cruise. Anyone else experienced this before?

Definitely just an error. In fact, I'd keep an eye out for the Black Friday deals!

3 hours ago, claracruiser66 said:

Welcome to the boards!

I'm on Rhapsody in March as well, and when the Cruise Planner switched from the old style to the new, the alcohol packages fell off. I'm certain it is a technical glitch. Just keep checking!

On 10/15/2022 at 11:38 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I also have never known the DBP to “sell out”.  Keep checking. I’m sure it will reappear - probably at a higher price !

One thing I have noIticed…they seem to be decoupling the DBP and the internet package.  I have noticed that on a few of my cruises (something to do with Starlink ?  Who knows).  They could be decoupling these on your cruise and that could be the cause of the DBP temporarily missing from your Cruise Planner.  Just a thought.

That is interesting - we had never seen DBP and Voom sold together until this cruise, but we get the Key so didn't need Voom.  We like to watch the prices for a couple months before purchasing, I keep reading that we should purchase and cancel if the price improves - maybe that is the better option. I'm sure it will reappear at some point. 

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted RCI again and the package isn't in the purchase inventory for our cruise and they are not sure why (we haven't seen it since the web upgrade) - it is not sold out as I was told previously. Customer service said this is very unusual and logged a ticket with the IT folks to resolve the issue...hoping it will be available for purchase for Black Friday sales seeing as we will likely miss Halloween discounts.  

On 10/30/2022 at 2:49 PM, D Alt said:

I also have a March 12 cruise on Rhapsody and i see the DBP.   i don't see the combo DBP and Voom however, but I don't see that option on any of my sailings now.  

But regular one yes. 

We have the March 5th departure and still no DBP available - Customer service said it is not available in the inventory - it doesn't sell out and this is very unusual. They logged a ticket as it is likely an IT issue from the recent upgrade. My sister called yesterday and was told the system was having maintenance - hopefully it shows up for the usual Black Friday sale.  They just say keep checking lol!