Tracking the Wonder

2 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Looks like Wonder is avoiding the straits on its projected route.   It went south of Sardinia, avoiding the Strait of Bonifacio.  Now it looks like it's heading south of Sicily avoiding the Strait of Messina. 

image.png.efd569236d933653e8c8cac431b3b72e.png

Probably trying to keep the hammer down to get here sooner so I can put my drink package to work 🤣😂

Looks like they not only avoided the straight but stayed in international waters.  Looks like they made a turn to stay out of the territorial waters south of the island.  No clue why but I can imagine a few reasons for that especially if they have workers on board finishing a few things up, I can imagine that it can cause issues tax and employment wise for a shipyard worker who might need to fix something here or there while under way.  And yes I know RCCL accepted the ship but that doesn't mean it's 100% perfect but if they don't want to delay they can put in a punch list and let work commence while they get a few other things done on their end.

The Wonder of the Seas is still in Port in Cadiz, Spain, but...

If I understand this schedule correctly, it will be departing from the port today for Fort Lauderdale at 17:00. If that's UTC (aka GMT), that will be 12NN EST.  If it's Spain time, that's 11:00AM EST.  This is just my speculation.

989339638_ScreenShot2022-02-10at8_14_00AM.thumb.png.babbcafc0611c0bed42d31792532322f.png