Is lunch not provided on port days on the ship for free?

11 minutes ago, Jennifer Burke said:

lunch on sea days only

That only applies to the ultimate dining package for eating in specialty restaurants.

There will be food available for breakfast, lunch and dinner on all days including port and sea days.  Windjammer is always included.  Specialty restaurants that charge an additional fee are not typically available on port days.  

10 minutes ago, ConstantCruiser said:

That only applies to the ultimate dining package for eating in specialty restaurants.

There will be food available for breakfast, lunch and dinner on all days including port and sea days.  Windjammer is always included.  Specialty restaurants that charge an additional fee are not typically available on port days.  

Oh wow. thank you for the quick response. My twin sister and I are going on Allure in December and so excited. We are bringing our daughters who bought us the cruise. Hoping it still happens!

10 hours ago, DandA said:

The main dining room is not open for lunch on port days; however it is open for breakfast.

While true, it’s good to keep in mind that breakfast service in the MDR will be a lot slower than grabbing something from the Windjammer. If you have an excursion that leaves right when the ship’s gangway goes down, give yourself at least an hour before that if you plan to have breakfast in the MDR.

On 6/4/2021 at 11:14 PM, Jennifer Burke said:

I just read somewhere that what's included on the ship, at no extra cost, is breakfast and dinner and lunch on sea days only. So you have to pay for the buffet at the WindJammer if you choose not to leave the ship on port days? Been on 3 cruises and I don't remember that. 

As everyone stated, the Windjammer will still be open and available on port days.  Since you will be on Allure you will also have several other food options open.  Enjoy the ship with your sister, daughters, and nieces!

On 6/5/2021 at 9:23 PM, JimnKathy said:

Remember that the Solarium offers an amazing buffet as well...you can sit down an eat or grab and go a few things if you're heading out for the port day. 

I have never been on this ship and dying to know about the Solarium. Is it outside or inside? What exactly is the appeal of this place? So you can go here every morning for breakfast? How about lunch? 

2 hours ago, Jennifer Burke said:

I have never been on this ship and dying to know about the Solarium. Is it outside or inside? What exactly is the appeal of this place? So you can go here every morning for breakfast? How about lunch? 

Yep. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurant is inside but also has outside tables you can carry your plates and beverages. It's probably our favorite area on Symphony.

21 hours ago, Jennifer Burke said:

Solarium Bistro is an eating venue inside the Solarium.  It is available for breakfast and lunch on Allure and for dinner it is a paid specialty restaurant called Samba Grill (Brazilian steakhouse style meal).  Breakfast and lunch are complimentary and are a smaller version of the Windjammer (main buffet).

The Solarium is an enclosed 16+ area on the ship.  It's enclosed by glass so the views are great.

Another tip if you are looking for an alternative to breakfast, Johnny Rockets on the Boardwalk serves a made to order sit down breakfast on Allure and it is also free.

37 minutes ago, alamode123 said:

Isn't it free for breakfast on Oasis class ships only? I don't recall free breakfasts on Mariner.

Can't speak for Mariner, but for sure it was free on Anthem (might have required a reservation due to limited space, but no charge). Just a guess, but I imagine Royal would want to keep it consistent across the fleet to avoid confusion.

23 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Can't speak for Mariner, but for sure it was free on Anthem (might have required a reservation due to limited space, but no charge). Just a guess, but I imagine Royal would want to keep it consistent across the fleet to avoid confusion.

Royal doing something consistent across the fleet? Why start now?

3 hours ago, alamode123 said:

Isn't it free for breakfast on Oasis class ships only? I don't recall free breakfasts on Mariner.

Johnny Rockets is free on Oasis class for breakfast.  OP is on Allure, so it's available on that ship.  I don't even think they have breakfast hours on the non-Oasis ships.

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Solarium Bistro is free across the fleet but reservations are recommended for dinner and maybe even lunch 

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Johnny Rockets is free on Oasis class for breakfast.  OP is on Allure, so it's available on that ship.  I don't even think they have breakfast hours on the non-Oasis ships.

Solarium Bistro is free across the fleet but reservations are recommended for dinner and maybe even lunch 

5 hours ago, alamode123 said:

Royal doing something consistent across the fleet? Why start now?

Well, you know... law of averages...

27 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Yup, that’s correct. I was replying to @alamode123‘s question about whether Solarium Bistro breakfast was free on Adventure. Unless I missed something in the context and he was actually asking about JR.

Guess I got lost following the quote trail...

28 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Yup, that’s correct. I was replying to @alamode123‘s question about whether Solarium Bistro breakfast was free on Adventure. Unless I missed something in the context and he was actually asking about JR.

I think he was talking about JR since Solarium Bistro is only on Quantum and Oasis class ships, but I read between your lines ?