Royal Caribbean Blog

Bahamas Health Visa Info

4 hours ago, Neesa said:

I want to get this correct, please anyone with experience? Traveling with teen, flying to Nassau on Saturday. Do we PCR test Monday or Tuesday " 5 days prior to travel" but so to confirm test day is day zero or one? I don't want to botch this up so close to sailing. It takes a minute to get this test back so I want to do it early but not too early. TY ! 

Think of it like this:

Day 0 - The day you travel/arrive, so Saturday
Day 1 - Friday
Day 2 - Thursday
Day 3 - Wednesday
Day 4 - Tuesday
Day 5 - Monday

So the test has to be done on a sample taken no earlier than Monday.

10 minutes ago, mk-ultra said:

Possibly a dumb question, but is the health visa required if the stop is just Cococay?

The health visa is required for entry into the Bahamas and for these particular cruises are starting in Nassau so the health visa is required same as if visiting for a land vacation.

It remains to be seen if the Bahamas will require them for cruise stops when cruising starts up out of the US.

7 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The health visa is required for entry into the Bahamas and for these particular cruises are starting in Nassau so the health visa is required same as if visiting for a land vacation.

It remains to be seen if the Bahamas will require them for cruise stops when cruising starts up out of the US.

Thanks.  My cruise isn't until late August (hope, hope, hope) out of Port Canaveral.