Royal Caribbean Blog

Nassau or other Caribbean Port

Did Royal ever finalize the Resort deal in Freeport?   If so, use that resort for a pre cruise quarantine for maybe one or two nights, have the ships dock in Nassau for provisions then move to Freeport to pick passengers up!

I know I am living in fantasy world, but I helps me feel better.

1 hour ago, RBRSKI said:

If they push the no sail order to mid 2021 and if the cruise lines made a wise choice to start cruises outside of the US,  I guarantee you that the die hard cruise community will do whatever they need to do so they can cruise again!!   Don't underestimate the Cruise Crazy People!!!  LOL

Cruise crazy people are only part of the crowd. A bigger part are occasional or newbie cruisers, and I still say a lot of those Americans, which would be the major target audience of any Caribbean cruises, won't have a passport. Additionally, getting a passport now is slower and still an expense many Americans probably won't do just to cruise. Just my opinion, no facts behind it, but I'm pretty confident in my opinion 🙂

I think you are underestimating the Cruise Crazy People(this is no way of insulting those of us who love cruising), just look at the amount of people who have joined "Volunteers of the Seas", on Facebook, it's crazy.  

Cruise lines are gonna have a hard time getting occasional or newbie cruisers back on cruise ships once they open up!

As for government agencies, I think at this point in time they have mastered doing things online or in person.  Had to update some things on our drivers licence and it took less then a week for the new one to arrive.  I know it's not a passport but hey, maybe they have improved the time it takes to get one.

Just a question for those who may know more the logistic part of this question.  MSC has one of their new big ships(Seaview) that begin and end in Fort De France Marinique.  Granted, this is for 2021.  How is this possible?

6 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

Did Royal ever finalize the Resort deal in Freeport?   If so, use that resort for a pre cruise quarantine for maybe one or two nights, have the ships dock in Nassau for provisions then move to Freeport to pick passengers up!

I know I am living in fantasy world, but I helps me feel better.

The real estate transaction was finalized, but that’s it. The property needs to be completely leveled and rebuilt and has been postponed indefinitely 

Happy Monday to Everyone!

Im telling yah, Royal would have a better chance of starting operations out of a foreign port first then a US one.  

I guess they don’t have to worry about money when the CDC reinstates the “No Sail Order “ until March or April. 

Will our government allow them to stock the ships with provisions?  Great way to stimulate our country, then sail to a foreign country to pick up passengers?

5 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

Happy Monday to Everyone!

Im telling yah, Royal would have a better chance of starting operations out of a foreign port first then a US one.  

I guess they don’t have to worry about money when the CDC reinstates the “No Sail Order “ until March or April. 

Will our government allow them to stock the ships with provisions?  Great way to stimulate our country, then sail to a foreign country to pick up passengers?

They are starting out of a foreign port next week. Singapore.

Do you think Royal will make the announcement cruises suspended until 1/31/2021  before or after Thanksgiving?

I believe I have tried to stay positive with when cruises will resume but obviously what they are doing within the company doesn’t mean anything to the US government.  They need PLAN “B”

On 10/29/2020 at 2:34 PM, RBRSKI said:

I honestly can't remember if this topic ever came up but I am bored! 

Why couldn't Royal begin a cruise from a Caribbean port that could support the operations necessary to turn around a ship?  I understand that many things go into this process (food, fuel, embarkation and dis-embarkation), I say figure something out on a temporary basis to get these ship sailing with passengers .   It's obvious the CDC is being unreasonable.  

I anticipate cruise lines boycotting US ports because of the CDC impossible guidelines.

9 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

Do you think Royal will make the announcement cruises suspended until 1/31/2021  before or after Thanksgiving?

I believe I have tried to stay positive with when cruises will resume but obviously what they are doing within the company doesn’t mean anything to the US government.  They need PLAN “B”

Watch the Press Release page because in the past when they announce extension of cruise with confidence, it almost follows with cancellation of cruises and date.