Jump to content

Crown & Anchor Pin


Adriana
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 1/26/2020 at 5:29 PM, twangster said:

In this thread a video of an Ultimate Panoramic Suite was added.  The young couple are Pinnacles and wear their P badges nearly everywhere.  

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/17811-ultimate-panoramic-suite-on-oasis/&do=findComment&comment=183549

Even on their football jerseys to watch a game at Playmakers.

They are the Godparents of Symphony and are well known in Royal circles, but still.  Wearing the pin everywhere?

As soon as i opened the video, I laughed. No surprise Alexa and Carlos PenaVega are pinnacles. They were in a Hallmark movie filmed on Harmony. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/blog/carlos-and-alexa-penavega-talk-about-their-new-film-love-at-sea/

My question is did they actually earn the status or did they get for filming a movie onboard a RCI ship. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kadmgs said:

As soon as i opened the video, I laughed. No surprise Alexa and Carlos PenaVega are pinnacles. They were in a Hallmark movie filmed on Harmony. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/blog/carlos-and-alexa-penavega-talk-about-their-new-film-love-at-sea/

My question is did they actually earn the status or did they get for filming a movie onboard a RCI ship. 

I assumed it came with being named Godparents of Symphony.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kadmgs said:

As soon as i opened the video, I laughed. No surprise Alexa and Carlos PenaVega are pinnacles. They were in a Hallmark movie filmed on Harmony. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/blog/carlos-and-alexa-penavega-talk-about-their-new-film-love-at-sea/

My question is did they actually earn the status or did they get for filming a movie onboard a RCI ship. 

I've literally never heard of these people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I've literally never heard of these people.

I only know them because they were on Dancing with the Stars one season and they have been in a couple of Hallmark Christmas movies. She was in the kids' movie, Spy Kids, when she was little. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw them for the first time when someone posted the same video in a UPS thread not long ago; but didn't realize they were anyone beyond a couple making a room tour video. I did not notice the pin till someone mentioned it and I watched the video the 2nd time. Off topic how does one become a god parent to a ship?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, I refuse wear the lapel pins; just not my style.

However.....there is nothing more flattering, team supporting, or otherwise says Royal Caribbean Girl than when the ladies wear their Royal Caribbean jewelry on formal night. IMO, that resonates way, way more than the pineapples and their everyday badges.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, kadmgs said:

My question is did they actually earn the status or did they get for filming a movie onboard a RCI ship. 

Wondering the same thing. 

19 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I've literally never heard of these people.

We were on the same cruise. Walked right by her 1 night when they were on a film break. I thought they were filming an RC commercial, no my wife says, she's that Hallmark actress. Still didn't know who she was until we watched the movie, (my wife is a big Hallmark movie fan,  she tapes them all) and I realized, "Hey, we were on that cruise!" LOL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RWDW1204 said:

We were on the same cruise. Walked right by her 1 night when they were on a film break. I thought they were filming an RC commercial, no my wife says, she's that Hallmark actress. Still didn't know who she was until we watched the movie, (my wife is a big Hallmark movie fan,  she tapes them all) and I realized, "Hey, we were on that cruise!" LOL.

Guilty as charged here as well... We don't record all of them. However from Oct. 26th til January 10th, Hallmark Christmas movies were on, whether we were actively watching or not, more often than not. The plot rarely changes, but I catch myself getting sucked into them often. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

We are pinless so this is all new to us.   Does anybody have a pic of their pin they can share?   Is there a big difference to the pins for each C & A tier?

Just different in the teeny little crystal that's on the pin...you can buy them on eBay if so inclined:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CROWN-AND-ANCHOR-SOCIETY-Emerald-level-lapel-Pin/163803471041?hash=item2623729cc1:g:~FAAAOSwnehdRe-T

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Just different in the teeny little crystal that's on the pin...you can buy them on eBay if so inclined:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CROWN-AND-ANCHOR-SOCIETY-Emerald-level-lapel-Pin/163803471041?hash=item2623729cc1:g:~FAAAOSwnehdRe-T

Thanks.   Don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing them.

We haven't "earned" the pins yet, still Gold until our cruise next month.

Will be Diamond by October of next year (fingers crossed).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2020 at 8:15 AM, danv3 said:

Never even got one for reaching Emerald, but I wouldn't wear it.  

To be honest, I sort of chuckle at the pinnacles wearing nametags.  

I don't recall receiving Emerald pins either, just platinum and diamond. I'm sending a sternly worded email! ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...