Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, FreedomClassKid said:

I’ve always wanted lobster and I’ve seen lobster night on cruise ships for other people but not on mine. How often does it occur, do you have to pay extra and on what ships is it on. Thanks, any help is appreciated!

The "free" lobster tails are usually served on the second formal night of the cruise, on 7 night cruises. Not sure what ship you're on or what cruise? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:


Are you not able to order lobster at a restaurant in the U.K.?

Although You can, a lot of the great (and I mean GREAT) lobster restaurants are all the way in London. Ive been to a multitude of amazing restaurants in Birmingham but I just can’t find lobster. I definitely understand where you are coming from though! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FreedomClassKid said:

Although You can, a lot of the great (and I mean GREAT) lobster restaurants are all the way in London. Ive been to a multitude of amazing restaurants in Birmingham but I just can’t find lobster. I definitely understand where you are coming from though! 

Sorry to hear that.  I’d recommend Hooked Seafood on a cruise then, the lobster in the MDR isn’t always the greatest and I’d hate to have you get one that’s not that great for your first experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 4:22 PM, FreedomClassKid said:

I’ve always wanted lobster and I’ve seen lobster night on cruise ships for other people but not on mine. How often does it occur, do you have to pay extra and on what ships is it on. Thanks, any help is appreciated!

I would say the "free" lobster in the MDR is good, but not great. It is after all included in the meal and of course, all you can eat. So I guess some will make up for quality with quantity. I usually have a couple and I'm satisfied.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 10:57 AM, FManke said:

I would say the "free" lobster in the MDR is good, but not great. It is after all included in the meal and of course, all you can eat. So I guess some will make up for quality with quantity. I usually have a couple and I'm satisfied.

Will the lobster quality in the New England cruises be any different?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@1978bucketlistWe did a 9 day on Adventure this past July.  Lobster night in the MDR was the 2nd formal night, and it is only the tails.  I wouldn't worry about the app so much because sometimes the menu is incorrect.  I recall on day 2 on the ship the menu in the a.m. was listed and it stated lobster tails, plus my favorite salad (wedge) and lamb shanks too (yummy).  That a.m. we were hanging in the Solarium and all of us that had cruised were shocked that they were doing this on the 1st formal night.  A few hrs later the topic came up again since we had gone to lunch in the MDR for our tutti salad fill.  The menu board had changed.  Nothing that was on the menu at breakfast time in the MDR was showing now at lunch, the lamb shank even changed to pork shank. Our guess was that they went oops this cruise has TWO formal nights, unlike the shorter cruises with ONE, so they had to rectify the situation.

19 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Will the lobster quality in the New England cruises be any different?

No, since they do not serve lobsters from New England on the formal nights regardless of where the cruise is going.  If my memory serves me correctly the only way they serve you Maine lobster in the MDR is if you pay for the upgrade that they offer.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pima1988 said:

No, since they do not serve lobsters from New England on the formal nights regardless of where the cruise is going.  If my memory serves me correctly the only way they serve you Maine lobster in the MDR is if you pay for the upgrade that they offer.  

I might as well get my Maine lobsters from restaurants in Maine then, just like I got my King Alaskan crab from Alaska ... ha ha

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...